+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Evan Marriott--the triumphant return

Evan Marriott--the triumphant return

Associated Press
    Dec. 5, 2003 08:55 AM

NEW YORK - "Joe Millionaire" star Evan Marriott will host the Game Show Network's new relationship show, "Fake-a-Date," which will premiere in March.

On "Fake-a-Date," a contestant will date two singles, one looking for love and the other who's hoping to win a luxury trip with his or her significant other, the Game Show Network said Wednesday. The contestant will decide who is sincere.

Marriott will offer advice and act as a confidante to participants. And he'll interview the contestant about the decision.

"I am thrilled to be hosting 'Fake-a-Date,' which takes a completely fresh approach to dating shows," Marriott said in a statement. "I can certainly empathize with what the contestants are feeling."
    -----

Evan seems an appropriate choice for this slant on dating reality. However, I doubt I can stand watching him, so I'll probably skip it.
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

Quote Originally Posted by spegs
    "I am thrilled to be hosting 'Fake-a-Date,' which takes a completely fresh approach to dating shows," Marriott said in a statement. "I can certainly empathize with what the contestants are feeling."
    In a statement prepared by PR writers. No way would the above sentance fall independently from Evan's mouth!

Quote Originally Posted by Bumpkin
    In a statement prepared by PR writers. No way would the above sentance fall independently from Evan's mouth!
    LOL! Too many big words.

Oh, I dunno. Evan is currently in an off-Broadway play. The Odd Couple. As Felix Unger. In Ontario.

That's pretty dang scary.

Wow! I hadn't heard that. Horrifying.

John - is that Ontario, Canada? I can't seem to find any ticket info on this.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

He may not be doing it any more, I'm not sure. Here's an article:

http://www.canoe.ca/Television/jan12_marriott-sun.html

If it is Ontario Canada (is there another Ontario?), then that's rather a long way off Broadway
    "That's Numberwang!"

So far off Broadway that Ticketmaster has no info. No, I thought maybe there was a town or city in the States named Ontario. (Geography isn't my strong suit.)
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

FORT Newbie
    I think he is only doing the Fake A Date thing - the play never was a go since he can't remember pages of dialogue - he's not a trained actor or anything

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast