+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: So there really were no interviews?

FORT Newbie
    I guess so, its a shame though. The first one was a complete piece of crap compared to JM II.

I agree that David and Linda seemed more into trying to make it work than Evan and Zora, instead of turning the whole thing into a casting call.

My question is whether FOX is just passively ignoring them or if FOX is actively discouraging (prohibitting) any media attention.

The fact that there has been no coverage in ANY media suggests that David and Linda are under instructions from FOX not to cooperate with the media.

Why would they do this? Either to put the embarassment behind them as soon as possible or to keep them hidden until they spring the David and Linda Wedding on us. Many are hoping for the latter, but that is extremely unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by RickiRick
    My question is whether FOX is just passively ignoring them or if FOX is actively discouraging (prohibitting) any media attention.

The fact that there has been no coverage in ANY media suggests that David and Linda are under instructions from FOX not to cooperate with the media.

Why would they do this? Either to put the embarassment behind them as soon as possible or to keep them hidden until they spring the David and Linda Wedding on us. Many are hoping for the latter, but that is extremely unlikely.

It's because David comes off as a dumb cluck in interviews. If there was going to be a David/Linda wedding thing, FOX would like more media attention to the couple now, not less.

Maybe fox is just hoping to forget the ratings distaster!
    Reality TV

1. America's Top Model: Eva
    2. The Apprentice: Andy
    3. Survivor: Julie

There is a little something in the current People magazine (the one with Wacko Jacko on the cover.)

Not much more than we've already heard (the Fox exec talking about how they got greedy by doing a second season) and a stab that David was boring and the girls accents were too thick and those things drove away viewers.
    [Personally--I found David harder to understand most of the time!]

At the end, a quote from David re: if they would stay together: "She's from Prague, and I'm from Texas. But if it's as strong as it feels, then for sure."

Fer sure.

The best part of the article is the title: "Czech, please!"

And I thought the lack of post-show coverage for Paradise Hotel was scarce!
    I'll do graffiti if you sing to me in French

I live in Austin, and I think I remember a commercial for the news, something like "Stay tuned after the Joe Millionaire finale to see how David is doing now, tonight at 9 on Fox 7" But I didn't watch it. Hmmm, maybe I'll try to find their website.
    ugh. I don't get time to watch TV anymore, much less hang out at the FORT.

But don't you worry, I'll be back in full force on or about November 3rd.

FORT Regular
    I'd like to see some updates on the other contestants. Especially Alessia, Lina, Tereza, and Olinda.

In both JM1 and JM2 I found the also-rans much more fascinating than the winner. After the first one Fox had a nice update that included many of the other contestants. I doubt that we'll see anything like that ever on JM2.

I am of the opinion that FOX is anxious to forget all about JM2 and its participants, blaming the cast for its failure instead of their own boneheaded move of scheduling it opposite Monday Night Football. I think JM1 benefitted from the Monday Night Void created by the end of football season. In fact, Mr Chili started watching JM1 first then got me hooked on it. (I at first refused to watch, telling him that show was too tacky and trashy for me.)

Either way I'd appreciate "Where are they now?" info on any of the other contestants on TV, on the web, or anywhere else.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234