+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So there really were no interviews?

Quote Originally Posted by RickiRick
    Well, this is really annoying. You would think that on the vast Internet someone from FORT could find something about what happened to those two after the show finished.
    I agree RR. And I've been looking. I even pulled up all the Fox affiliate sites for each station in Texas and looked for some sort of 'local boy" feature. No go.

If something turns up, I'll post it.

FORT Newbie

Well looks like there really is nothing

Ok I've given it some time, and it really seems as if this couple has dropped off the face of the earth. I have a friend who is a reporter with an entertainment magazine, I'll give him a call tommorow. If anyone knows anything it will be him. He was the one who told me a few months ago about Jane Millionare that was supposed to be the Joe Millionare 3. Somehow I think FOX has scaped plans for that show. And also as disapointing as not knowing if they worked out, is what was Cat's reaction. I still beleive FOX cut at least one episode, since there were some weeks we did not see the planned 2 episodes. There were the famous missing scenes, like the one with the girl screaming I hate you. The obvious missing parts in the scene where David tells Linda the truth. Where did the cowboy hat go? And when did she get the stuffed animal? Not to mention the fact that we saw almost none of the actual dates. most of what we saw was voice overs of them talking about the dates. But that was editing too. Still I could see FOX being able to cut out some scenes without anyone really knowing. I have a feeling that we were supposed to have a full hour of recaps, but since they were in a hurry to get it off the air, they combined the recap show with the final and took out the scene where Cat is told. Just my opinion. I'll post if I find anything out from my reporter friend.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by StarryElf
    She is wearing the ring - or a ring that looks like the same one - in the first picture where she is toasting. Maybe she took it off to show someone or something?

edit: Oh Wenders has the idea. I bet that is it. She wasn't wearing it while the show aired, but put it on after the show when they were toasting, I am sure all her friends wanted to see it then.
    Also, in parts of Europe they do wear their rings on the other hand. I know most of my married friends in Czech (both Czech couples and Czech/American couples) wear their rings on the right hand instead of left.

It does seem likely, though, that she wouldn't have been wearing it prior to the showing of the finale.

Quote Originally Posted by Noreen
    Prague? I probably will regret asking this very dumb question, If the girls had never heard of JM1 and that's how FOX was able to fool them how the heck does JM2 show up on a bar TV in Prague???
    Great point. Makes me wonder about FOX's broadcasting reach into western Europe.

FORT Newbie
    I think the lack of coverage is strange, sort of like its forced. i know the ratings were bad, but come on....there is nothing, and that is a bit odd. You would think that local papers or something would have some news.

Maybe we havent heard the last of these two. Just a thought.

Joe Millioaire 2 Wedding Show?

I found the following at a Fox TV website where it appears a Fox executive is stating that there will be a "wedding show" in December. I don't know if he misspoke, or perhaps there is a happy ending to all this. Here's the link:

http://fox40.trb.com/entertainment/f....graffitiboard

Just so long as the wedding isn't pink.

Jerome Morrow
    "Guests at a cocktail party in the Southern Hemisphere tend to circulate in an counterclockwise direction."

FORT Newbie
    hmmmm, interesting.

Somoene stated that Foxwatch is not affiliated with Fox, does anyone know anything about what their relationship is to Fox?, or are they just a local carrier.

I wouldnt be surprised if there was a follow up show of some description. The absense of even the smallest nuggets of information just doesnt fit. David was making all the rounds on E.T., etc when talk of Joe II was abuzz. All of a sudden none of the entertainment shows care? For some reason I just dont buy into this, they cant take 30 seconds away from the latest "Roy Horn sends a message of love to Monticore" story to give us an update that the show has ended and that they are trying to work out their relationship.

Either Fox has completely abandoned any relationship with the Joe Millionaire series, or they are planning something very secretive....which would explain the complete lack of attention the aftermath of this show is getting.

Maybe I'm completely wrong, but I think there might be something more. There are enough people who want to see this, on another night, with the right advertising, it could do alright. People have grown fond of David and Linda, they want to know how it works out.

Quote Originally Posted by SchueySpa97
    Either Fox has completely abandoned any relationship with the Joe Millionaire series, or they are planning something very secretive....which would explain the complete lack of attention the aftermath of this show is getting.

Maybe I'm completely wrong, but I think there might be something more. There are enough people who want to see this, on another night, with the right advertising, it could do alright. People have grown fond of David and Linda, they want to know how it works out.
    I hope you're right, but I think it's more likely that your first guess is on target. The ratings were a disaster for Fox, and at this point any sort of follow up show would almost certainly draw even fewer viewers than did the series, which came in dead last in its time slot.

I'm surprised David's hometown newspaper didn't do another article after the series ended. I think that's probably about the best we can hope for.

My guess is that if they haven't already, David and Linda will move on with their separate lives. I just can't see Linda leaving her family and friends in Prague to live on a Texas ranch with a guy she barely knows. They were both very sweet and kind, but after all they had only one group date (the leaning tower of Pisa where they had that "gotcha" moment as they looked into each other's eyes), breakfast in the Square and a very awkward lunch at the villa. Other than some interaction during the horse riding/swimming pool/barbeque episode and the two reunions, the first in Italy and the second in Texas, they didn't spend a lot of time alone together--at least not on camera.

I doubt either one knows much about the other. You know, basic stuff such as what's your favorite color, what kind of movies and books do you like, are you a Mets or Yankees fan, etc, not to mention future plans, dreams and aspirations. They haven't had a chance to have a normal dating relationship, much less develop something more meaningful.
    Last edited by Captain America; 12-03-2003 at 11:34 AM.

The day after the finale on a local station here in Houston, the DJ was talking to a neighbor and good friend of David's family. She stated that she hadn't seen David, but the family said he was happy with Linda. She also said that she wasn't sure where Linda was at the time (Texas or Europe) but that the family told her that David, Linda, David's brother and CAT were going skiing in December in Germany. Take it with a grain of salt, but this is the only information that I ever heard after the show was over.

Seems weird to actually plan a trip with Cat, but the lady stated that they were all good friends now.

I think its a real shame that we haven't heard more.
    I got the impression that David and Linda would try to make a go of their relationship, that never seemed likely with Evan and Zora.
    The series just didn't get the same kind of ratings, so Fox have just forgotten all about it.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast