+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: David and Linda - what's next?

FORT Newbie
    Linda is now a sort of small scale celebrity, which makes her an unique model material. I guess somebody in Texas will be willing to hire her as a model and help with the visa.
    OK, I don't know what kind of visa it would be, H1 or whatever, temporary or permanent, but there certainly is a way of doing it, if you have an employer that already wants you.

David is very close to his family and very Texan. I don't see him moving.
    The true test will be if Linda is still interested in living in Texas. Fox probably thought they had a big hit and got as much paperwork in order as possible at the end of taping anticipating that David and Linda would be doing a big talk show and press junket like Evan. Linda had such a habit of running away over any problems that I am skeptical about her doing a long haul on a Texas ranch especially with her new cash. She may have just pulled another Zora on us and told audience what they wanted to hear when she knew she was not staying.

Quote Originally Posted by sugarlady
    David is very close to his family and very Texan. I don't see him moving.
    The true test will be if Linda is still interested in living in Texas. Fox probably thought they had a big hit and got as much paperwork in order as possible at the end of taping anticipating that David and Linda would be doing a big talk show and press junket like Evan. Linda had such a habit of running away over any problems that I am skeptical about her doing a long haul on a Texas ranch especially with her new cash. She may have just pulled another Zora on us and told audience what they wanted to hear when she knew she was not staying.

I am hoping that Linda was as sincere as she appeared on the show, but bugging out at least once because of harassment by the other women doesn't bode well for the future. Too bad the show wasn't a success, but maybe the relationship will be.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

searching for madness PrincessRight's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by psucashcow

I am hoping that Linda was as sincere as she appeared on the show, but bugging out at least once because of harassment by the other women doesn't bode well for the future. Too bad the show wasn't a success, but maybe the relationship will be.
    I picked up from another forum that Linda's first disappearing act was the producers' idea. So early in the show, David had made it known who he was attracted to and that wasn't good for the run of the episodes. Might as well send everyone home since the bachelor couldn't keep his feelings secret from everyone! The ending of the show was likewise manipulated by the producers by sending Linda packing and flying off to Prague on the night that David was waiting for her. Why do you think that Linda came back on a ranch the first time, and then reunited with David on a ranch during the finale? Coincidence? I call it the producers' providence. The only way that the show could have a fairy tale ending was if the powers-that-be could wave their magic wand. They did, and I'm not complaining!
    "If the only prayer you say in your entire life is Thank You, that would be enough."
    Meister Eckhart
    "God can dream a bigger dream for you than you can ever dream for yourself."
    Oprah Winfrey

FORT Fanatic
    I think it's pretty awful of the television network to have had girls on the show from countries where it is next to impossible for the girl to move to the US.

Quote Originally Posted by baxpup
    I think it's pretty awful of the television network to have had girls on the show from countries where it is next to impossible for the girl to move to the US.
    The way they portray happy international couples in TV shows sometimes is just idiotic. People assume that you just get married and then you are forever happy.
    But it is not next to impossible to move. It is just complicated. If you don't really love somebody you probably wouldn't go through the whole hassle.
    Every foreign citizen has to go through the same thing if they want to be with a loved one in the US (if they do it the legal way of course). Doesn't matter if you are from Canada, Australia, UK, India, China, or Pakistan. The procedure is the same.

on vacation
    Thank you for a very interesting post Cindirella. Visas and money and Fox buying their way through it or not and illegal aliens....ahhhhhh another fairy tale is born. [/sarcasm]

Ranch is not David's until they stay together for a certain amount of time....

When Butler Paul handed the deed to David, Paul told David that David and Linda will have to stay together in order that David keep the ranch.
    Did anyone catch that besides me?
    When will Joe Millionaire 2, David & Linda be on talk TV shows like ET, Oprah Winfrey, Leno, David Letterman, Regis & Kelly, The View, Good Morning America, Fox & Friends, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by highsociety
    When Butler Paul handed the deed to David, Paul told David that David and Linda will have to stay together in order that David keep the ranch.
    Did anyone catch that besides me?
    When will Joe Millionaire 2, David & Linda be on talk TV shows like ET, Oprah Winfrey, Leno, David Letterman, Regis & Kelly, The View, Good Morning America, Fox & Friends, etc?
    I thought he said "in the hope that you and Linda will start a life together .."
    So I didn't take it as a condition, just a suggestion.

I doubt we'll see much of JM2 people anymore.

And btw, to the FORT!
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

I didn't think David was given the ranch on the condition that he and Linda became a couple either.
    I know Evan and Zora didn't have to make any commitment to one another in order to get their cash after the first series.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123