+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: David and Linda - what's next?

Quote Originally Posted by Tirlittan
    It does not always take that horribly long to get fiancee VISAs approved. My VISA took so short time I did not dare to tell the customs when entering US because the customs person seemed so keen on months upon months of waiting being standard. Sometimes you are the right place at the right time with all the right stuff. And Linda's check is very much the "right stuff".

do you mind if i hate you for a while?

FORT Fan
    Thanks for posting the info, Cindirella; it was interesting. I expected to hear about some sort of interview David and Linda would be doing regarding how they are doing now, whether she will move to the U.S., etc. I know my b-i-l had a very tough time trying to bring his wife from China to the U.S. In fact, he has not been able to bring her to this country and thus they've been living in China for five years. He'd owned his own business here in the U.S. which was apparently not very successful in its latter years and apparently this financial situation was a major stumbling block. There may have been more to the situation that I didn't know about... In any event, my b-i-l has been happy living in China, so that's good.

I hope someone will post it here if they hear about any interviews with David and Linda.

Quote Originally Posted by eny
    There is one very important thing you forgot. Money and influence cut through all of this . They welcome people with open arms and easy visas with cash in the bank. That's why sports figures never have any problems with these mundane sort of things, getting the right paperwork in days instead of months
    Well, if they have that sort of money and fame. From my understanding they only have what FOX gave them. Doesn't exactly make you a VIP, but it helps.
    But yes, that's true. People like that can hire the most expensive attorneys who arrange everything for them.

I had to go through much of what I wrote, my husband is American and I'm European. My visa didn't take that long to process either (2 months), but that's because we went through the Vermont processing center, which is the fastest.
    We got married exactly 1 year ago , and I applied for permanent residence status. We are to this day still waiting to hear from the INS to be interviewed as a couple so that I can get my status approved.

If the show had been a hit Fox might have expedited things to keep them together. As it is, can you see Fox spending another dime on anything related to this show?

Well, Linda could just come to Tennessee, get some sort of utility service in her name to some address and then go get her Tennessee Driver's License.

The folks doing it the 'legal' way are the ones with huge expenses and delays. The folks not doing so, are eligible for public benefits.

/end rant. Great post cindirella. Very informative, and sadly, very true.

FORT Newbie

What about the OPPOSITE!!!!???

Why hasn't ANYONE here thought of the possibility that DAVID could simply go to the Czech Republic and live. Prague (the capital, for those who don't know) is one of the most beautiful cities in the world. David could sell his ranch and buy 2 or 3 for the money in the Czech Republic.

Interesting how all of you immediately thought that everyone would want to come to America. I am American and live in Prague and plan on staying. They could come to Prague and David would go through some red tape but they could get married here and live here.

it's a fairly safe assumption that david doesn't want to move to prague. first off he's a professional cowboy. there isn't a lot of work for cowboys in prague. he LOVES ranch life, something he wouldn't get in the city. he LIKES being a rural guy and wears it nearly like a badge. if he seemed interested in relocating to europe, i think one or two of us may have gotten that impression when he was in europe but alas, all he did was look around like a tourist and miss home. also, she had passable english but how is his czech?

is fizwah trolling us?

Quote Originally Posted by fizwah
    Why hasn't ANYONE here thought of the possibility that DAVID could simply go to the Czech Republic and live. Prague (the capital, for those who don't know) is one of the most beautiful cities in the world. David could sell his ranch and buy 2 or 3 for the money in the Czech Republic.

Interesting how all of you immediately thought that everyone would want to come to America. I am American and live in Prague and plan on staying. They could come to Prague and David would go through some red tape but they could get married here and live here.
    I hope that things work out for them so that this is more than just an academic discussion.

Regarding the option of David (the cowboy) moving to Prague, there are some men that might like that option, but I don't see David as one of them.

Plus Linda seemed pretty fond of the new ranch and already knows english, so other than INS issues, the US option would seem more practical.

On the other hand, Linda seemed to be determined to provide for her family, which might mean more than just financial assistance.

Quote Originally Posted by fizwah

Interesting how all of you immediately thought that everyone would want to come to America.

Mine was purely a hypothesis from my own perspective and experience. I certainly understand your point of view as I myself wouldn't hesitate for a sec to live in Europe instead of the US, if our circumstances would allow it.

But in David's case I doubt he would ever be willing to relocate to Europe. It is possible (and not nearly as complicated as the other way around) but I just don't see him doing it.

FORT Fan
    I didn't get the impression that David would be eager to move to Europe either but you never know. I mentioned in a post above that my brother-in-law decided to live in China when he was unable to bring his new wife to the U.S. He lives in a small or medium-sized town in China... He knew no Chinese when he moved there but now is fluent. Believe me, no-one in his family would have predicted his moving to China and settling there (for the last 5 years). So who knows, it's possible that David could decide to move to the Czech Republic but if I had to bet on it, I'd bet that he stays in Texas.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast