+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reality or Editing?

My day has turned night.. Atlantic's Avatar

Reality or Editing?

I'm 50/50 whether to believe this ending is real or not.

When Linda was told the truth, it seriously looked all spliced up. The words and body language didn't mensh right. Also, after Linda left and you could see her talk to herself, she was wearing different clothes. She originally had on a white shirt but in one of them it was green.

It just....seemed all fake.

Their was a poster on the FOX website, they claim Linda really left in the begining because she was dating someone and thought it was unfair. This makes sense because we don't see the women get on Linda. Also, they say that Linda accepted Dave for his money but the producers told her to not accept him, that way it makes the ending look dramatic. This also makes sense because they did this to Zora and they actually had to re-shot the ending for the first millionaire.

So two questions for everyone.

Do you think this ending was real or fake?

Do you think they are really or still together?
    "I am the darkness given form."
    Angel of Nights

"And I am choas reborn, let us see who is greater."
    The Endless Ocean

Even putting rumor aside, there are SOME layers of Faux FOXdom that you can peel back.

I think its hard to edit a reaction as sudden as when she was told "the truth" and she clearly did not seem angry.

Then, they cut to some garbage with her in her room looking and sounding somewhat dissapointed.

Here's the kicker. She sits down and writes a letter. Later on we hear that letter read, and what we are TOLD she wrote was that she got to the airport, and for the second time she just couldn't leave. The problem? How could she be sitting up in her room writing about not being able to leave on that plane before she even left the villa?

Because of her demeanor when told about the "lie", because her voice over about "the lie" sounded more like absent wondering than real conviction, because I think that she probably would have left a letter at the Villa if she'd actually ever planned on leaving, and because it made "better TV", I think it possible that she might have actually always been "okay" with things--not so much because she loved Smith but because she was a nice girl who still enjoyed herself--and who was told by the producers to NOT come downstairs and was shipped right off to Texas. And the scenes upstairs were always shot with that in mind, and the letter contrived by a writer somewhere after the fact. So we get a collection of lies, half-truthes, and probably two mixed up fairly dull people who aren't jerks, but are just along for the ride.

I don't know if it's true or not, but the soppy side of me would like to think it is because I thought the show had a great ending.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    Here's the kicker. She sits down and writes a letter. Later on we hear that letter read, and what we are TOLD she wrote was that she got to the airport, and for the second time she just couldn't leave.
    I thought she was writing in her diary in tha Villa shot, she was always putting her thoughts down on paper.

And I also thought Linda's body language was very telling that she was liking David a lot, and was in a way flirting with him with her whole being on the ranch scenes.

Well, I liked the sappy ending and I think they can make it over the obstacles. Especially because both of them clearly like to put their thoughts on paper, so even if they have to wait for a while, they will be doing fine exchanging letters for a couple/few months. Bachelor Bob did not get to see Estella for 4 months either, it is really not that much different with Joe Millionaire. Phonelines are remarkably clear these days internationally. If there is a will there is a way.
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

Both my wife and I really questioned the editing on this one, especially since Ive heard a radio interview with Evan, months ago, where he slammed the show by saying how the GROSSLY edited peoples reactions to fit certain situations.

I loved the ending, but, I couldnt help but wonder if the producers chased Linda down (BOTH TIMES), and told her something along the lines of "just stay with the show, it will be worth it in the end".
    I like Linda a lot, and think she was the best choice for David, but, I have a hard time believing that on both occasions, particularly the last, that she came back ENTIRELY on her own feelings for him. Not to imply that she came back because they told her there would be a cash reward or something, but, I feel they had to have massaged her feelings quite a bit.

Also, because almost nobody cared about the show this time, it was a huge ratings failure and had no press coverage, and because its harder to chase things down internationally, it may be a lot harder hearing "the truth" this time. Likely we will never hear from these two kooky kids again. :-)

Do I think that David and Linda had a real attraction and feelings for each other? -yes

Do I think Fox manipulated the editing to make everything more dramatic? -Absolutely
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

I think that creative editing and staged suspenses were involved in the making of this show. I believe Linda was "encouraged to leave the show and wonder if she would have been willing to come back if Olinda was still there.

In an interview that aired last night, David said Linda was never told to come to the ballroom to meet him, and that she was only asked to write a letter and that is why she didn't show.

I don't think Linda was told anything about the money. When Paul brought out the covered tray, she said something really cute like "oh, now we have food?". It was spontaneous and obviously not scripted.
    Peace is Patriotic

Quote Originally Posted by NYGal
    In an interview that aired last night, David said Linda was never told to come to the ballroom to meet him, and that she was only asked to write a letter and that is why she didn't show.
    Naughty Fox! Playing with these innocent kids like they were pieces on a chess table.
    That explains a lot then about the ending. Brilliant idea to add suspense to the end, but extremely mean towards Linda and David. Well, at least they got the money & ranch at the end to make up for it. But still... FOX.
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast