+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Finale Discussion 11/24 **Spoilers**

In re the ranch: While I was hypertivoing the finale (total watching time: 8 minutes), I heard him mention that they sent him to a ranch as a retreat, before he had to get back to work.

So, we all know the girls were sequestered until the show finished taping. Well, last week they showed linda getting into a cab after she left the first time. I'm thinking the footage we saw last week of her leaving, was actually the footage of her leaving for Austin. Just a thought.

Unless, David is one heck of an actor, he look so surprised when he saw the deed to the ranch as well as seeing the loot linda got. I think he was genuinely surprised at that. I would've loved to see the look on Cat's face when she finally found out.

P.s.--when would the post- JM2 show be shown? Haven't heard of any follow-up show.

FORT Fan
    I think David's and Linda's reactions were genuine re: the money, ranch, and each other. Despite the fact that he's a bit of a hick, he appears to be the most sincere, sensitive guy on any reality show. I just hope all Linda's neuroses don't have her flying back and forth to her home whenever she has a decision to make.

JM2 Endings

Well I guess it's congratulations to Linda Kazdova, winner of a cool $250 large and the affections of a Texas cowboy.

Even my cynical self agrees that I liked the happy ending, even though I was rooting more for Cat. I have stated in earlier posts that I am dubious of Linda being as "pure" as David thinks she is, but I am hoping he has insights that I do not.

I suspect that perhaps Cat's overt advances might have been too much for our hero, although Texas is not exactly short on forward women. Of course, he chose the one who ran away, I am reminded of a Heideggerian statement made by Donal Logue (see the picture immediately to the left) made in "The Tao of Steve":

"We pursue that which retreats from us."

It will be interesting to see if Linda stays here in Texas, Austin is not exactly known for it's modeling agencies. Whereas Cat being a DJ would have had no difficulty landing a job in Austin, which we Texans believe to be the music capitol of the world. There are a tons of outlets for people in the music business in Austin. So we will see if our hero (David) actually wins the heart of his European angel.

The ending was much more satisfying than last week's Bachelor Bob finale, where again the woman I was rooting for lost. Of course, I am 0-4 on the Bachelor and 1-1 on Joe Millionaire. Scripted or not, I am happier with this outcome than Bob Guiney's Kiss Every Chick in America Tour 2003 on ABC.

Jerome Morrow
    "Guests at a cocktail party in the Southern Hemisphere tend to circulate in an counterclockwise direction."

Frankly, I'm happy for them.

Something struck me as odd about Cat from the beginning. I still can't put my finger on it. She's damned hot, though.

Sometime in the new year, there's going to be a "Remeber them...?" byte on Entertainment Tonight, and I won't be surprised to hear they're still together.

When David arrived at the ranch they had him speaking in a voice over saying he was sent there to get used to being back in Texas.

searching for madness PrincessRight's Avatar
    According to David during the post-finale news interview, Linda wasn't told that she was supposed to show up that evening. Instead the producers had her on a plane to Prague. Apparently, the ending was scripted to create drama and suspense. So I'm assuming that Linda never intended to make David feel that she had rejected him because of the lie. She was merely following the producers' instructions. David looked very happy and I'm assuming that he and Linda are still together.

It was also announced that the producers are not planning to have another season of Joe Millionaire.
    "If the only prayer you say in your entire life is Thank You, that would be enough."
    Meister Eckhart
    "God can dream a bigger dream for you than you can ever dream for yourself."
    Oprah Winfrey

Quote Originally Posted by Candybar
    When David arrived at the ranch they had him speaking in a voice over saying he was sent there to get used to being back in Texas.
    that is the dumbest thing I've ever heard (sending David to a ranch to get used to Texas) you don't get reverse culture shock (coming BACK HOME) after only having been gone a few months (if he was even gone that long). The culture shock for Cowboy Dave was Italy and those European women who could smoke and drink anyone under the table in Texas (except rugby players) It was like night and day from Texas! He needed more time to adjust over there, instead of that embarrassing crash course in European geography, history, etc that he got from Paul during the first show. Texas is just a whole 'nuther country as we all know, but it fits like a worn glove no matter how long you've been away in my opinion. Not sure how it works experiencing Texas for the first time though, never been there myself since i was born and raised here. Anyone from Texas on this site who relocated? If so, your thoughts and first impressions? just trying ot figure out what Linda might be thinking of Texas.
    personally I think Linda will use the first part of that check to buy her a one-way ticket home. I think SHE will be the one having serious culture shock. David's home, and although he might miss Hurricane, he's got that goofy licky dog to keep him company now.

FORT Newbie
    They let David go to this ranch to wind down and get his head together before going to his original home. I thought this was sweet and they both got a wonderful gift besides each other. That ranch couldnt be a better gift for David. Now all he needs is a job. Good luck to them both, I think they are perfect for each other.

searching for madness PrincessRight's Avatar
    As of this time, US$250,000 is equivalent to 6,752,839.07 in Czech currency. Linda's an instant millionaire!
    "If the only prayer you say in your entire life is Thank You, that would be enough."
    Meister Eckhart
    "God can dream a bigger dream for you than you can ever dream for yourself."
    Oprah Winfrey

+ Reply to Thread