+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is David Dumb?

FORT Fogey
    A bit off subject...I saw Kathy Griffin do her stand-up act in Chicago recently. Her act is basically, her sarcastically making fun of celebreties and dishing gossip and either starting or fueling rumours.

If you recall the charecter she played on 'Seinfeld', a sarcastic comic who's entire act was ripping on Jerry, that is pretty much what her real life act is like too. Except she dishes on LOTS of celebs and not just one.

So, that is basically her schpeal. She is basically just sarcastic and likes to cut on people. Including herself. She did a whole bit on her "cosmetic enhancements". But she is very, very funny.

So whether or not she really feels that way about David, it is her normal schtick to just go to cutting and his lack of 'book lernin' is the easiest target to aim for.

I am sure David shouldnt take it too personally.

LG.
    I'd agree that David doesn't seem very sophisticated, but I think he has some good insights into people. He picked up on quite a bit of the motivations behind the women when making cuts. Even though he kept Olinda a lot longer than I would have (if I were a guy, and on a dating reality tv show starring European women ) he always made comments about how he was going to "give her a chance" even though she did some things that gave him doubts. He may not have been a star student in grammar school, but he can read people a lot better than some other reality tv dating show "stars" like say, Melana Scantlin, who stars in Griffin's Ordinary Joe and kicked the nicest guys to the curb early on.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Very Proud Grandpa! LoneStarSpur's Avatar
    Who the heck Kathy Griffith? Never heard of her.

-Randy (I'd love to be able to tell that to her face )

Quote Originally Posted by glfcrzygal
    I think Kathy Griffith couldnt even get a guy as good as David ..I like the guy. I think I would be bored if I dated him, but he is a great human...wish more guys were like them. I do I do !!!
    Kathy's husband would have fit in perfectly with the cast of Average Joe
    on the first night. He also was working a regular job as a computer technician when they were married. I have seen too much of her on talk shows and the various entertainment news shows. She seems to be very nasty. Ryan Seacrest and Jullian Barbarie have described her as psychotic. She had a run in with Ryan at an award show and made nasty comments about him on a radio show afterwards. Rosie's personality turned out to be not so rosy after she left her TV show. She really ripped on people during her stand up act. Only in show biz can you make a career solely out of ripping folks a part.

David is a terrible communicator. Just terrible. Really, no sense at all of how to day things. That note to Linda when he was telling her his decision--must have been written by someone else. And why didn't he just tell her those things? Because he couldn't remember it. At every one of those elimination ceremonies I thought--couldn't someone articulate tell David what to say and then he could say it?

Also--virtually every woman at the end, except Linda, was a wicked smoker. He seems health concious and he didn't seem like a smoker, so why wasn't that a turn off to him? (And Olinda! OMG! He really had no sense of refinement at all.)

I thought David and Linda were adorable together and they did seem to have a special spark, which was great. But I agree with the poster who said that Linda seems smarter than David and that she'll get bored soon.

Quote Originally Posted by overthetop
    David is a terrible communicator. Just terrible. Really, no sense at all of how to day things. That note to Linda when he was telling her his decision--must have been written by someone else. And why didn't he just tell her those things? Because he couldn't remember it. At every one of those elimination ceremonies I thought--couldn't someone articulate tell David what to say and then he could say it?

Also--virtually every woman at the end, except Linda, was a wicked smoker. He seems health concious and he didn't seem like a smoker, so why wasn't that a turn off to him? (And Olinda! OMG! He really had no sense of refinement at all.)

I thought David and Linda were adorable together and they did seem to have a special spark, which was great. But I agree with the poster who said that Linda seems smarter than David and that she'll get bored soon.
    That's entirely possible. David is sweet and unsophisticated which can be very endearing but Linda may become bored with it. My mother was from Europe and always said that American men were so cute and boyish. My father was a farm boy in the Army. She thought "Yee haw!" when he said the farm was about 200 acres. She was severely disappointed with what she got and the mariage ended after about 3 years. I sincerely hope it will be better for Linda and David but Linda will need to draw on substantial reserves to adjust. And if she doesn't, I was born on the farm and I've been horse-mad all my life. David, I'm yours, cutey!

David is not so much "dumb" as uneducated and lacking sophistication and worldliness. I was very surprised at first they picked him of all people - his looks are only average facially (but definitely superb body wise).

However, as I watched the show, I came to like his adorable shy-boy sincerity and lack of guile. He liked Linda the best from the beginning and Cat second and it was obvious to the very end. He never wavered in his feelings (unlike "Bachelor Bob).

I am glad he got the ranch - worth far more to him than Evan's $500,000. I hope he and Linda have a future - they are much alike and suit each other well. Good luck to them!

Quote Originally Posted by aname
    David is not so much "dumb" as uneducated and lacking sophistication and worldliness. I was very surprised at first they picked him of all people - his looks are only average facially (but definitely superb body wise).

However, as I watched the show, I came to like his adorable shy-boy sincerity and lack of guile. He liked Linda the best from the beginning and Cat second and it was obvious to the very end. He never wavered in his feelings (unlike "Bachelor Bob).

I am glad he got the ranch - worth far more to him than Evan's $500,000. I hope he and Linda have a future - they are much alike and suit each other well. Good luck to them!

I really liked how respectful David acted with the women, all the women. And the fact that there was no hiding his attraction to Linda was very sweet, unlike Bob.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Noreen
    Kathy Griffin- E online interview- calls David a "tard" so stupid he is not even sexy, so stupid it's offensive. I don't find David offensive a little childish at times but, not what I would label stupid. Is this the reason for the low rating no one likes the star and finds him offensive? Or are the girls just not what we have come to expect from watching other reality shows?
    Well, I do classify David as "stupid"--but in all fairness, I wouldn't be surprised if his southern accent and high pitched squeaky voice had a lot to do with my impression of him. If he had a deep, northern accent and said the same things he says now, maybe I would have come to different conclusions. I still feel that the content of what he says is pretty dumb though.
    From the projects to the White House...

Quote Originally Posted by smouzon
    Well, I do classify David as "stupid"--but in all fairness, I wouldn't be surprised if his southern accent and high pitched squeaky voice had a lot to do with my impression of him. If he had a deep, northern accent and said the same things he says now, maybe I would have come to different conclusions. I still feel that the content of what he says is pretty dumb though.
    I still don't get why, aside from the general rudeness of using the terms like "dumb" or "stupid" in relation to ANYONE, its not conceivable that David could be far less intelligent than average. Yes, many people from his part of the world speak with a drawl. Big deal--it certainly means nothing in relation to their intelligence. And many people, world-wide, are uneducated about wine or European geography, and yet are certainly not "dumb". And nothing inherently says that a rider in rodeos has to be dull. But his inability to express himself--to form coherent thoughts (what we saw was obviously edited to hell to even get ANY sense of what he was trying to communicate) is more of a sign. "Not being educated" has nothing to do with this. His respectful attitudes or manners have nothing to do with this. LG's post about his "insights" into the women is the only evidence I've really seen presented to counter this, and its far from definitive.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123