+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Linda or Cat?

Quote Originally Posted by Kahuna
    David and Cat's relationship seems to be driven heavily by physical attraction. That's not a bad thing but I think only Linda has the potential to make David "melt" inside... they seem to connect more on a emotional level and I think this will ultimately drive David's decision.

One striking similaritiy between Cat and David is their general level of discipline, both in their character and in their careers. Character-wise, David's southern conservative upbringing and that hard-body of his are sure evidence of self discipline. Cat's good ability to deal with the brunt of a lot negativity thrown at her from the other girls shows she's tuff stuff. Career-wise, David works long hours at a job he absolutely loves for little pay. I don't know if Cat is a radio or club DJ, but the club DJs I know are in it for the love of the music and many of them have second jobs to supplement their income.
    On emotional level perhaps.... but Linda didn't stuck by the man and spend the night outdoors like Cat had during the "camping date" remember? Thus I just have to question Linda's sincerity in terms of her "emotion" towards David. Seems to me she's playing him (and this show for that matter, ie she conviently disappeared when all the other girls had to endure the stress and baggage related to this show) like a violin.

Love has to be a 2-way streak... while Dave is apparently "madly" in love with Linda, I couldn't say the same vice versa. All I'm saying is the choice of Linda to be standing in the final 2 is just not right. There are alot better choices and more deserving.....

Quote Originally Posted by overthetop
    Honestly, if David sticks with either of them, I think he's in for a rough time. As a girlfriend, Linda will be jealous and really, really needy. Cat will be demanding and will eventually start treating him like she did the girls.

What did you all think about the preview for next week? Leading us to believe that his pick doesn't show up for her ring.
    Hate to say it but you're too right! The final 2 choices sucked but I'm rooting for Cat anyhow becoz she's lesser of the two evils.

I don't do speculations of shows.... learned not to expect anything from PH, JM1 etc

so to answer you honestly I don't know, we'll have to wait and see.

These two ladies were destined to be the final two. Before Linda left, David was clearly smitten and his feelings for her, probably would have intensifed and Cat because she knows how to play the "game" best. Let's not forget:

On the first group date, Cat took the "initiative" and sat next to David.
    Cat was the only one who spent all night at the campsite.
    Cat made the first move.
    Cat slipped into David's room in the middle of the night.

So, it wouldn't have made a difference whether Linda had remain in the game, because Cat was determined to win David over and she was going to do "whatever it takes". The sad thing is that for one so young, Cat is very adept "in keeping a guy happy".

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    i'm rooting for Cat- she'd make a great butt-end of this joke!
    Cat's holier then thou attitude warrants winning this whole thing and then having to face the crap that comes with "winning". Let 's see how the little money grubber- snotty nose B handles a poor Joe... enjoy your stay in Germany Cat- b/c you're not getting out anytime soon...
    and i'm not buying that all the other girls were mean to Cat first theory- there's a reason that EVERY single one of the girls hates her- i personally believe Cat has benefitted from fantastic editing (it must have been a tough chore to make her look civil)...

I liked Linda before she left but thought that her attitude when she returned was naive...she thought time stood still and she was still alpha dog. I have a feeling that whomever David picks, the final twist will be that he will reveal that he really is worth money. Or if he picks Cat and Cat ditches him, Linda still comes to see him.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by psucashcow
    I liked Linda before she left but thought that her attitude when she returned was naive...she thought time stood still and she was still alpha dog. I have a feeling that whomever David picks, the final twist will be that he will reveal that he really is worth money. Or if he picks Cat and Cat ditches him, Linda still comes to see him.
    The thing is you forget that Dave is just as naive.... and "Linda" apparently IS (hate to say it) still the alpha dog for Dave.... y else would he bump Petra for Linda's return?

But somehow Dave is blind..... in love? perhaps but whatever that is blinded him for the pursue of Linda, David is naive to the core! And he doesn't understand how to take cues from women.... or worse picks the ones who are more interested in his bank account than himself. Linda and Cat are just those women.

Again I don't do predictions so you could very well be right on the mark.

I think his heart says Linda, but his "Lil' Pardner" says Cat. In the end, he'll pick Hurricane. Just kidding! I think he's going to choose Cat. No reason why, really. Just a gut instinct.

I think the show should give him Hurricane as a gift, and fly him home on the cargo plane. David will pick Linda if she shows him a little affection on Mondays show. Linda must know what she's up against in that department and has to come thru or lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Noreen
    I think the show should give him Hurricane as a gift, and fly him home on the cargo plane. David will pick Linda if she shows him a little affection on Mondays show. Linda must know what she's up against in that department and has to come thru or lose.
    I think linda is stupid enough to think that David should have strong enough feelings for her to pick her even if she doesn't show any affection to him! I mean, they talked for a whole 2 hours!!! That should be enough for him!
    Reality TV

1. America's Top Model: Eva
    2. The Apprentice: Andy
    3. Survivor: Julie

Quote Originally Posted by NYGal
    These two ladies were destined to be the final two. Before Linda left, David was clearly smitten and his feelings for her, probably would have intensifed and Cat because she knows how to play the "game" best.
    I think that David has made a strategic mistake leading up to the final two. There are 3 key criteria he could use for eliminations: "most romantic/sexy", "best love/connection", and "most likely to make a good life partner and say 'yes' after hearing the truth."

He has kept the "most sexy" and "best love/connection", but neither of these do well in the last category.

None of the other women are sure bets for #3, but any of them would score better than Linda and Cat. The one that comes to mind is Petra, who I believe grew up on a farm. David may have had a chance with her. He has no chance w/ Linda or Cat; if they don't reject him immediately after hearing the lie, they will reject him within six months.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast