+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Linda or Cat?

cat is calculating and standoffish and covertly manipulative.
    linda is weak and needy.

david will pick linda cause she's safer and he can feel like he's rescuing her.

Neither of these two women would last 30 seconds on a ranch in Texas. For that matter, NONE of JM2 women would. I mean, holy culture shock!

I like Cat because she comes off as very poised and independent for her age, but it seems obvious to me she's just in this for fun to see if she can win.

Also, regarding all the boozing (one of the Euro posters please back me up on this) - my dad is Italian and the amount of wine he consumes has blown away many of my North American friends. Where he's from they really do drink the stuff like water (it's not about getting loaded). Olinda's swigging from the bottle was way over the top, but I've only seen the other women sipping from their glasses. It may seem excessive to those of us on this side of the Atlantic, but it seems to be just a cultural thing.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I agree with the poster who says Cat drinks too much (or so it apprears) and is playing David with alcohol. She seems to be a very smooth and sneaky in her ways. I always wonder what's going on in that head of hers.
    Linda has some nerve wanting back on the show and acting like David is her long lost lover. I liked Linda before she left but she's expecting too much from David. I think she was acting hard to get by snubbing his kiss. She seems to have trouble with communication.
    Be that as it may I don't care who "wins" although I'm betting on ol' Hurricane.

I think he'll pick Linda too.

Linda is needy, really insecure, but David is smitten with her. She doesn't have a realistic sense of social stuff at all. that she's all put out that David may have kissed another girl is SO unrealistic. I'd worry if he hadn't kissed one of the girls by now.

Cat--she's some sort of mystery. she seems to have social skills or she would have been rude or short with David by now. So if she does get that people must behave with each other, why doesn't she understand that when she's around the other girls? It's so weird. Anyone would be polite to get thru living in the house. When Petra told her she thought it was rude that Cat wouldn't say anything to her for an hour during dinner, I thought that Cat must get off on giving people around her the "silent treatment." It is punishing to those around you to do that, but Cat really had nothing to gain by being that way with the other girls.

Honestly, if David sticks with either of them, I think he's in for a rough time. As a girlfriend, Linda will be jealous and really, really needy. Cat will be demanding and will eventually start treating him like she did the girls.

What did you all think about the preview for next week? Leading us to believe that his pick doesn't show up for her ring.

I don't think David would give Linda reason to be jealous once this show is over, and they could actually be quite happy. Their personalities fit together. He just does not appear to be a flirting player type. Sure, this show format basically forces him to kiss several girls, but I really do not think he would be doing anything even remotely considered cheating in real life. Of course never say never, but he just seems like he would be one loyal partner...
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by averagejane
    Also, regarding all the boozing (one of the Euro posters please back me up on this) - my dad is Italian and the amount of wine he consumes has blown away many of my North American friends. Where he's from they really do drink the stuff like water (it's not about getting loaded). Olinda's swigging from the bottle was way over the top, but I've only seen the other women sipping from their glasses. It may seem excessive to those of us on this side of the Atlantic, but it seems to be just a cultural thing.
    I agree. Europeans love to drink wine (especially in Italy )... If that makes them alcoholics, well I don't know, maybe.
    You have to realize that drinking in Europe is totally different than drinking in the US. Drinking in Europe is a social thing, having a good glass of wine over dinner is almost a must. If you visit somebody they will ALWAYS offer you a drink. Also the "legal drinking age" is a very flexible thing... Drinking is a social event, you grow up surrounded by it. You basically learn how to drink socially, in moderation. Of course there are always exceptions, but I haven't seen the girls on the European show getting out of control over alcohol like on some of the American shows (i.e. For Love or Money...).
    Alcoholism is a serious problem and it should be treated that way, but I think Americans go way overboard here. In the States drinking is considered a huge tabu until you are 21 so people will get wasted just because it's "cool". Sending highschool kids to alcohol rehab classes, I mean come on people... To me that is just ridiculous. Learning how to drink responsably, and not drinking and driving will NEVER happen by banning it. Consequently a lot of American kids have NO sense of when it's enough and often drink as much as to pass out... I have experienced that many times since I have been here. Anyway, it's a cultural thing so that won't change.

Cat does drink a little much in my opinion (or at least it seems so), so I understand why someone would think that she is an alcoholic.

Quote Originally Posted by overthetop

So if she does get that people must behave with each other, why doesn't she understand that when she's around the other girls? It's so weird. Anyone would be polite to get thru living in the house. When Petra told her she thought it was rude that Cat wouldn't say anything to her for an hour during dinner, I thought that Cat must get off on giving people around her the "silent treatment." It is punishing to those around you to do that, but Cat really had nothing to gain by being that way with the other girls.

What did you all think about the preview for next week? Leading us to believe that his pick doesn't show up for her ring.

I agree with everything said except the part about Cat. I think Cat was reacting to being ganged up on by all the girls when Olinda was in the house. Because the remaining girls after Olinda left had sided with Olinda against her, she didn't trust either one of them. It was her way to control her emotions by not reacting to what was said to her and avoiding confrontation. I probably would have reacted much the same way if someone had sided with the alpha female and attacked me, then wanted me to be nice to her when we were alone as Petra did. I wouldn't feel very comfortable with her and not obliged to be nice to someone I knew didn't care for me.

I think it is amusing that the two left are the ones that were attacked by the other girls. It seems like divine justice somehow. Those were my two bets from the first day watching his reactions to both of them.

My gut feeling is that he'll pick Linda (although I think he should pick Cat - they have obviously had a physical relationship and he feels more comfortable with her). But Linda has his heart. Unfortunately for our boy, she will bolt when she finds out he lied to her and has no money. She may be upset about the money, but I think she will be more upset that he was involved in the elaborate lie and will feel she cannot trust him. He will be left standing and waiting and no one will show up (it certainly looks that way from the what they showed in the trailer for next week and what was said).

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Sky Blocks Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by overthetop
    Cat--she's some sort of mystery. she seems to have social skills or she would have been rude or short with David by now. So if she does get that people must behave with each other, why doesn't she understand that when she's around the other girls? It's so weird. Anyone would be polite to get thru living in the house. When Petra told her she thought it was rude that Cat wouldn't say anything to her for an hour during dinner, I thought that Cat must get off on giving people around her the "silent treatment." It is punishing to those around you to do that, but Cat really had nothing to gain by being that way with the other girls.

Honestly, if David sticks with either of them, I think he's in for a rough time. As a girlfriend, Linda will be jealous and really, really needy. Cat will be demanding and will eventually start treating him like she did the girls.
    My thoughts exactly. At first I was giving Cat the benefit of the doubt--maybe she's just shy and wasn't interacting with the other girls for that reason. But even in a one-on-one situation with Anneke and Petra, she was standoffish and downright rude when they were being friendly and making basic small talk. Cat is so wonderful on the dates with David. But I've come to the conclusion that it's likely she's acting, and as you said, will eventually, and probably rather soon, start interacting with David the way she interacts with the other girls.

David and Linda do seem to have a strong mutual attraction. I liked Linda from the beginning. She always seemed down-to-earth. When the other girls were mocking the idea of a cowboy, she said something like, well, I'll just have to wait and see what he's like. However, her whole departure thing was weird--leaving because the other girls were jealous. And, her return is weird--thinking that the whole game stopped while she was gone and David didn't develop feelings for these other girls.

I have to go with Linda though--the connection seems there.

Wish Petra was still here instead of Cat--I'd have a hard time choosing between Petra and Linda.

If he picks Linda she'll dump him before the show is over.

If he picks Cat, I bet she tries to make it work for a few days.

cat would stick with it cause she does want to leave berlin and money or no, he can help her do that. i dunno that linda would have the spine to move 6000 miles away from home. i think her insecurities would send her fleeing again. but i still think david will choose her.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast