+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Olinda somewhat vindicated

Olinda somewhat vindicated

I guess it is no secret that I'm not part of the "let's trash Olinda" party that has beeing oging on here the past week. I didn't like the way that Olinda talked about Cat at the end, she got very nasty. However, from this weeks episodes it seems that Cat indeed had it coming. She was very rude when ignoring Petra at the lunch. Petra seems, to me, to be a good natured person at she didn't like Cat at all. Yeah, Olinda took it too far, but she wasn't the only one. I do not like Cat at all, and I think she's the real villain on this show. She's like LeeAnn from the bachelor with all this "I'm not here to make friends"-attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by astrogirl_2100
    I guess it is no secret that I'm not part of the "let's trash Olinda" party that has beeing oging on here the past week. I didn't like the way that Olinda talked about Cat at the end, she got very nasty. However, from this weeks episodes it seems that Cat indeed had it coming. She was very rude when ignoring Petra at the lunch. Petra seems, to me, to be a good natured person at she didn't like Cat at all. Yeah, Olinda took it too far, but she wasn't the only one. I do not like Cat at all, and I think she's the real villain on this show. She's like LeeAnn from the bachelor with all this "I'm not here to make friends"-attitude.
    I have to disagree with this statement... If I was trashed by a large group of women who constantly told me how much they hated me, I would stop trying to talk with them, and just tell them to shut up! Although Cat may have said some things that other people thought were rude, there was no reason to gang up on her. If you have a problem with something someone says, tell them after they say it, not in a group bashing session! I think Cat was just fed up with all of the girls, who I do think were jealous of her, and decided not to waste her time talking to them!
    Reality TV

1. America's Top Model: Eva
    2. The Apprentice: Andy
    3. Survivor: Julie

I don't agree. Both Petra and Anique joined Olinda in trashing Cat, whether they agreed or were afraid of being on the receiving end of Olinda's nasty, jealous smack talk. If I was Cat I'd tell 'em what they could do with their olive branch.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I thought Cat was incredibly classy and self-restrained when she didn't react to all the nastiness around her. I hope David picks her!
    Et in Arcadia Ego

I agree with you guys that trying to deal with a rude person by ganging up on him/her is not the best way to go about it, but shutting up and saying nothing is not my way of doing things either. If someone was rude to me and hurt my feelings I would pull them aside and tell them. If they were still rude, I might talk to my friends about them to try to figure out if there was something wrong with me or the rude person. Which would most likely end up in a trashing if the rude person was rude to everybody. Am I really the only person seeing things that way?

FORT Fogey
    Astrogirl, I think what happened here was, Olinda decided that since Cat wouldnt play her game and follow her like the other lemmings, that she would ostracize her. So Olinda basically said "Cat is rude" and some of the other girls simply believed it to be so.

Its possible that Cat was simply shy and that is why she did not associate with some of the other girls early on. Or she may have just felt that she didnt like the way the other girls carried themselves and decided not to associate with them. Whatever her motives, someone shouldnt be forced into being friendly with people she chooses not to associate with.

So when the other girls tried to cozy up to her after Olinda's departure, she simply had a "screw you" attitude. Its a tough call, a really big person may be willing to forgive and forget and other people carry the scars of hazing (and yes they were hazing her) for years and are not so quick to forgive their tormenters.

So while I agree that Cat appeared snobbish and aloof in last night's episode, I feel that it may have been more of a defense mechanism than outright rudeness.

As for Olinda, I am sorry, but nothing can excuse her actions, especially the threats of physical violence and constant trashing of people (and Cat is not the only person she spoke negatively of).

She is just low class to the bitter core. If it wasn't Cat, she would have chosen another victim (like Linda had she stuck around and not asked to leave).

I pretty much agree with you Astrogirl. I do not think Olinda was all that evil, she was just extremely straight forward (and crossed a line there) with what she personally thought about Cat. I have never liked Cat, she always had this cold aura around her. They both are arrogant. Olinda is arrogant the way she made fun of Cat in front of everyone, and Cat is extremely arrogant the way she thinks she is above everyone else, nothing classy about that in my eyes. I do not wonder at all why they were picking on her, I am sure she caused it all by herself (with her smug faces and suggestive talking and "meaningful" silences, who could stand that), it was not a matter of jealousy. To Olinda's defense I have to say that Olinda was entertaining, Cat is not even that, she is just catty.
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Daddio
    Astrogirl, I think what happened here was, Olinda decided that since Cat wouldnt play her game and follow her like the other lemmings, that she would ostracize her. So Olinda basically said "Cat is rude" and some of the other girls simply believed it to be so.
    Okay, I'm just not seing this at all. I'm not saying you are wrong, but that's not the show I saw. I don't know what she did wrong, I just somehow feel that Cat rubbed Olinda the wrong way. I do not see the other girls as followers the way you do. Most of them, I think, would have the integrity to stand up for themselves and state their own mind. I guess we have to respectfully disagree on this one.

My day has turned night.. Atlantic's Avatar
    I do not believe Cat is doing anything wrong.

When people are mean to me and I genuionly hate them, I just ignore them, with the occasional, "hi" or something like that.

Olinda and everyone was completely mean to Cat and I would do the same thing to the women. Ignore them!!

The only problem I see with Cat is the fact she told Linda all the things she did and knew that Linda was hurt. But than again, what is Linda doing back? She had her chance.....something smells fishy and it ain't Cat!!

Am I the only one that thought Linda was the most pretty and sweetest person on the show in the begining, but now I think Cat is the hottest one on the show!!

I would like to know more about Cat's background. I know she wants to work in the music industry and wants to get out of Berlin. What kind of guys did she date in the past? Her past jobs? Family life?

She seems to have gone through a lot in her life.

Cat has become my favorite on the show. She is keeping the show entertaining. I think she has handled the bad behavior of the competitors very well. It is obvious that they have no qualms about lashing out at anyone that is considered a threat to their weak positions. What amazes me is that people can be so nasty in front of cameras. It makes you wonder how ugly do they really become when they don't have a world wide viewing audience.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast