+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Olinda somewhat vindicated

Quote Originally Posted by croftchrism
    I have to disagree with this statement... If I was trashed by a large group of women who constantly told me how much they hated me, I would stop trying to talk with them, and just tell them to shut up! Although Cat may have said some things that other people thought were rude, there was no reason to gang up on her. If you have a problem with something someone says, tell them after they say it, not in a group bashing session! I think Cat was just fed up with all of the girls, who I do think were jealous of her, and decided not to waste her time talking to them!
    hey, you're my hero. that is EXACTLY what i feel. rock on cat

Quote Originally Posted by joeguy
    I do wonder if Cat isn't so insecure that she doesn't know how to get along with the other ladies. Or she doesn't want to get along with them cause she sees them as nothing but compitition for david.
    I am not really sure that insecurity has anything to do with it. During the first show, she liked the other German girls, and was upset when they all got voted out. I think she just realized that she wasn't going to be friends with them all, so didn't try!
    Reality TV

1. America's Top Model: Eva
    2. The Apprentice: Andy
    3. Survivor: Julie

Olinda is really overbearing and likely turn someone as refined as Cat off almost immediately. Cat got on Olinda's bad side right from the start. Why would Cat make any attempt to befriend Olinda and her crew? Olinda is the kind of person that needs to attack someone. She attacked Cat, she attacked Linda when David was giving her too much attention and I'd guess that Olinda is a big reason why Linda left. Cat saw what happens to girls that get too close to David, so why would she volunteer all this information and make herself even more of a target?

Do I think that Cat treated everyone with the respect they deserved? No. But then, I can see why Cat would associate Petra and Anique with Olinda. She has every right to be distrustful of them. Guilt by association.

Personally, I loved Petra and I thought she was his best choice.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Uh-huh..yeah..riiiight... Warhol's Avatar
    I am not really sure that insecurity has anything to do with it. During the first show, she liked the other German girls, and was upset when they all got voted out. I think she just realized that she wasn't going to be friends with them all, so didn't try!
    One thing that isn't getting much attention here (unless I'm simply overlooking it) is the culture clash that's likely taking place among the contestants.

Specifically, German culture, much like that of the U.S., is very competitive. Whereas the cultures of most, if not all, of the other countries represented on the show are significantly more laid back. Therefore, it's entirely within the realm of possibility -- indeed probable -- that, in addition to any feelings she may or may not hold for David, Cat is far more driven to *win* the game, for the sake of winning, than any of the other contestants. And this may be something that rubs the other women the wrong way; being as it is against their cultural ethic.

For all I know -- and this is just speculation -- this may be the reason why so many of the other women accused Cat of being dishonest and/or rude. Because she was strategically "playing the game" (using gamesmanship) while they essentially weren't.

Granted, reality TV isn't exactly a foreign concept in Europe (no pun intended). So every contestant should know that it isn't just a fancy, televised vacation, but a contest of sorts. But even so, certain deep-seeded personal values, such as "every man for himself" versus "communal well-being", are undoubtedly influenced at least somewhat by the environment one lives in. So it's feasible that these apparent personal conflicts are in fact cultural conflicts.

Quote Originally Posted by Warhol
    For all I know -- and this is just speculation -- many of the other women accused Cat of being dishonest and/or rude. Because she was strategically "playing the game" (using gamesmanship) while they essentially weren't.
    You hit the nail on the head. She has been playing "the game" from Day One. She's admitted it several times. She said that she likes the fact that, "the other woman are just playing around and are not being serious". While the others were cultivating friendships, Cat was busy "cultivating" David. Who was the first to sit next to him? Who spent all night at the campsite? Who flirted shamelessly with him and offered to give him some exercise? Who went to his room in the middle of the night? I don't think any of the other ladies would even think about going into a bathroom after David. Cat means business.

Either way she is going to be mightly ticked, considering how hard she has been working. If he picks Linda, she will be ticked and if he picks her and then tells her he is broke, he'd better duck.

Quote Originally Posted by NYGal
    You hit the nail on the head. She has been playing "the game" from Day One. She's admitted it several times. She said that she likes the fact that, "the other woman are just playing around and are not being serious". While the others were cultivating friendships, Cat was busy "cultivating" David. Who was the first to sit next to him? Who spent all night at the campsite? Who flirted shamelessly with him and offered to give him some exercise? Who went to his room in the middle of the night? I don't think any of the other ladies would even think about going into a bathroom after David. Cat means business.

Either way she is going to be mightly ticked, considering how hard she has been working. If he picks Linda, she will be ticked and if he picks her and then tells her he is broke, he'd better duck.
    If Cat does think of this as a game, would she really care if David doesn't have the money he is suppose to have? Athough she is my favorite person on the show (I liked Linda until I realized that she had to spine!!!), I think that she may be using this show to see how attractive she is compared to other women. She may not like David, but like the fact that he is more attracted (at least physically!) to her more then the other girls! If that is the game that she is playing, she may not care less how much he is worth, as long as the entire television viewing audience knows that she is the best of the bunch

Just a random though!
    Reality TV

If Cat does think of this as a game, would she really care if David doesn't have the money he is suppose to have?
    Good point. Cat told David that she wants to leave Berlin and pursue a career in the music business, so I guess it doesn't matter whether he has money or not, just as long as he can be of assistance. I am sure she wouldn't mind staying in Texas for as long as it takes to get a green card and then it's on to New York or Los Angeles. A pretty girl like Cat who is extremely skilled in the art of seduction and "knows how to keep a guy happy", should have no problem making it in the music business or show business for that matter.

Can she sing/dance? Looks alone won't make it nowdays unless she has big buck backers to finance her. Think David would be inclined to support her career? She may know how to keep a guy happy but so does 2 million or so other will-a-bees

Quote Originally Posted by Noreen
    Can she sing/dance? Looks alone won't make it nowdays unless she has big buck backers to finance her. Think David would be inclined to support her career? She may know how to keep a guy happy but so does 2 million or so other will-a-bees
    Surely, you have seen Cat. The woman is not only drop dead gorgeous, but she is extremely skilled in the arts of seduction and manipulation.

I can only imagine what she would be like on a show like "Survivor".

Quote Originally Posted by NYGal
    Surely, you have seen Cat. The woman is not only drop dead gorgeous, but she is extremely skilled in the arts of seduction and manipulation.

I can only imagine what she would be like on a show like "Survivor".
    They should have cast her instead of ostin!!!
    Reality TV

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast