+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Olinda somewhat vindicated

I have so many opinions on this ... I go back and forth ... Cat's evil, no THEY are, no Cat is ... then I remind myself that editing can do all kinds of things. We're not shown everything that happened, and we're not shown everything in exact order either. I tend to believe that Olinda was vicious, because "You can't edit in something that wasn't there", but we also don't know if Cat's doing mind games by being deliberately rude. She seemed to talk a LOT more when Linda returned.
    I'd make such a horrible juror ... !!
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by astrogirl_2100
    I guess it is no secret that I'm not part of the "let's trash Olinda" party that has beeing oging on here the past week. I didn't like the way that Olinda talked about Cat at the end, she got very nasty. However, from this weeks episodes it seems that Cat indeed had it coming. She was very rude when ignoring Petra at the lunch. Petra seems, to me, to be a good natured person at she didn't like Cat at all. Yeah, Olinda took it too far, but she wasn't the only one. I do not like Cat at all, and I think she's the real villain on this show. She's like LeeAnn from the bachelor with all this "I'm not here to make friends"-attitude.
    I agree with you about Cat's part.... i think she's "evil" plain and simple..... but i think she deserves Cowboy Dave alot more than Linda because Linda is worse than "evil"..... she's just an emotional unstable gold-diggin bitch! At least Cat is honest with herself and everybody.... Linda just thinks too much.... she missed her opportunity and it should've been her loss..... it's not fair to the other girls. Plain and simple.

If Dave could find the spark between Petra and him they would've made the perfect couple! Petra is class all the way..... she has a great sense of humour.... doesn't smoke or drink too much...... isn't emotional like Linda..... the only fault she has is basically she isn't as physically attractive as say Linda or Cat or Anique.... with me anyone?

Oh yea..... i want to add this too..... Germany wins! Germany wins!

At least against those Dutch....

haha i loved the world war 3 reference....

There was something about Petra's mouth that I didn't like ... the way it was shaped, the way she kissed people ... reminded me of my grandma and it creeped me out. Also, her eyes looked old. Not skanky-old, like Olinda, but older than 20s. JMO
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

David is an emotional dude. The man cried when he let Linda go. He didn't have the sense or balls to take her aside to ask her what was going on. She wasn't strong enough to tell the other girls to go to hell. He let her friend go as a strategy to get closer to her, what a knucklehead.

Remember how they all laughed when they heard he was a cowboy and how they changed their tune when they heard he was worth $80 million. People act differently when money is involved. Cat has a game plan she wants the money not the honey. Linda likes David but doesn't want to share.

Olinda focused on anyone David liked and bashed the crap out of them and got the rest to join in. Olinda thought Cats boobs we're fake and asked her about them. I'm surprised she didn't grab them and check for her self. We do know that Olinda made Cat cry when only four girls we're left and she had Linda crying at one point but with all the editing we didn't get the whole story.

Editing or not Olinda was funny but she also was a backstabbing & in your face bitch. The whole package!

1 Spoiled Rotten Dog! RedStickLA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by averagejane
    I don't agree. Both Petra and Anique joined Olinda in trashing Cat, whether they agreed or were afraid of being on the receiving end of Olinda's nasty, jealous smack talk. If I was Cat I'd tell 'em what they could do with their olive branch.
    Petra may not have been doing the trashing but she sure was laughing and egging Olinda on. Then when the others are gone she wants to be friendly and talk....I don't think so. I could not believe that after Petra and the others were so rude and ugly to Cat that she is going to sit there and tell Cat that she was being rude for not talking to her...you got to be joking! I would have been doing some talking but it sure would not have been "friendly"

Uh-huh..yeah..riiiight... Warhol's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by k1w1
    I agree with you about Cat's part.... i think she's "evil" plain and simple..... but i think she deserves Cowboy Dave alot more than Linda because Linda is worse than "evil"..... she's just an emotional unstable gold-diggin bitch! At least Cat is honest with herself and everybody.... Linda just thinks too much.... she missed her opportunity and it should've been her loss..... it's not fair to the other girls. Plain and simple.

If Dave could find the spark between Petra and him they would've made the perfect couple! Petra is class all the way..... she has a great sense of humour.... doesn't smoke or drink too much...... isn't emotional like Linda..... the only fault she has is basically she isn't as physically attractive as say Linda or Cat or Anique.... with me anyone?
    Kudos K1w1 for saying EXACTLY what I was thinking.

Out of all the women on the show, Petra probably came closest to what I would deem to be a "perfect" personality....at least as far as a potential girlfriend, etc. goes. Since she seemed to have a very nice combination of intelligence, humor and "always look on the bright side" positive attitude. And, frankly, she wasn't exactly difficult to look at either; just, like you said, not quite as physically attractive as several of her extremely attractive cohorts (put her in a room full of average looking women and she'd probably look hot by comparison).

The other "contestant" I liked for much the same reason was Anique -- although I only picked up on it fairly late in the game. Aside from her obvious physical beauty (which admittedly might bias my sentiments a bit), I liked her combination of intelligence, humor and enthusiasm only slightly less than Petra's. And, honestly, although some here have seen fit to criticise her for her comment about money, I ignored it. Because, as I see it, context is everything. And her comments were edited in such a way that there was absolutely no context surrounding them. So I tend to think that the comments were said in the midst of a light-hearted conversation and were merely edited later to make her look bad.

Well....that's my 2 cents.

Actually - Petra DOES smoke. She fibbed to David about smoking and then Fox treated us to a little collage of scenes of Petra puffing away. (It was kinda funny.) Maybe she was just trying to fit in with the cool kids
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

It seemed to me that Olinda became more and more unstable as the show went along. I think she looked around at the competition, realized she was going to be eliminated sooner or later and started to take out her frustrations on the apparent front runner, Cat.

It also appeared near the end that she was getting high on more than just alcohol. Maybe she had a little coke stashed in her bags?

Although she was highly entertaining, it was a relief to see her go.

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    I do wonder if Cat isn't so insecure that she doesn't know how to get along with the other ladies. Or she doesn't want to get along with them cause she sees them as nothing but compitition for david.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast