+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any Hunches about the "Surprise Twist"?

FORT Newbie

Any Hunches about the "Surprise Twist"?

Anyone have any hunches about the "surprise twist" we've been promised at the end of the show? Let me suggest this guess, just to get the conversation started:

At the end of next week's two-hour series finale (i.e., after 100 minutes of old footage), David decides to declare his love for ... Cat ... and tells her the truth. "I don't have $80,000,000. I barely have twenty bucks in my wallet."

Cat goes off into the other room to ponder her decision, while David waits through at least two commercial breaks to learn what it is.

Will she return to him? No. The one who comes through the door, having been told the truth and choosing to accept his ring, is ... Linda.

Just my $.02 worth.

Very Proud Grandpa! LoneStarSpur's Avatar
    Sounds reasonable.

I think Linda turns out to be rich.

-Randy (not really...no idea what's going to happen, but it should be entertaining)

If I were in Italy Italian Idol's Avatar
    I think the producers are going to give Dave Smith the 80 million dollars as a prize ....................... yah right! I don't think so.
    "I come from humble grounds. I was never spoiled, so I know how to appreciate things given to me"

david will reveal he's not rich (to linda) and she will leave. he then reveals to cat he's not rich YET but will have 80 million on his 25th birthday (like the premise) but he isn't 25 yet. she dumps him for being a child and goes looking for a 26 year old multimillionaire

I think no one will show up at all.

I'm guessing the producers think we'll be shocked.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Maybe the surprise twist is that these women were only prentending to be as dumb as they appeared to be. Now that would shock everyone including Paul. "I really did think that all of you were just a bunch air head euro trash." Paul would say to them as he comes out of shock. "We might be euro trash, but we are smart euro trash." One of the girls would say back to him. Now that would be good t.v.
    Fox style.
    Last edited by palmer62; 11-18-2003 at 02:29 PM.

In a preview not already shown, Linda is seen comforting an obviously distraught Cat. So, I think David picks Linda, and when he tells her he is broke, she dumps him citing the lying factor. Cat who would do anything to get out of Berlin shows up and he proposed to her instead.

Very Proud Grandpa! LoneStarSpur's Avatar
    All the girls are actors and David's being played for a schmuck.

-Randy (Fox would never, ever steal an idea from another network. Never, I say!)

Are these spots becoming? chompstick's Avatar
    David chooses whoever and then tells her he's poor. She thinks about it and decides she loves him anyway and will accept his ring. She walks into where David and Paul are waiting, and everyone's happy. Then Paul offers her a million dollar check instead of being with David, and she takes the money and runs.

I think David is screwed either way. When he admits that he is poor Cat will dump him because of the money factor, and Linda will dump him because of the lie.... that's just what I think though. Besides long distance relationships don't really work out (except for me and my hubby. )

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast