+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Opening theme song?

Opening theme song?

Has anyone pinned down the theme music from the opening of the show? It sounds vaguely familiar. Like a knock off from The Virginian or The Big Valley. I am too young to know, of course....

Very Proud Grandpa! LoneStarSpur's Avatar
    I have no idea, but I sure remember being in love with Linda Evans when I was about 12. LOL

hmm...does it sound like the "City Slickers" music? Can't remember...it sounds like every western show theme song ever.

-Randy

Quote Originally Posted by LittleSister
    Has anyone pinned down the theme music from the opening of the show? It sounds vaguely familiar. Like a knock off from The Virginian or The Big Valley. I am too young to know, of course....
    Why do you assume that the music has been used anywhere before? I'm a composer/musician/producer/engineer, and I can tell you that most new shows by far use original compositions. That's not to say that the theme isn't necessarily remmniscient of some other work, but that's not unusual either.

I'm not sure who composed the JM2 theme, but I'm not familiar with it, and I would definately venture to say that it's an original commission.

If anyone cares anymore...it just came to me last night, it's a knockoff of the theme from "Dallas", the TV show from the '70's (JR, Bobby, the Ewing clan). The opening bars are identical.
    Maybe it's a Fox thing (remember Paradise Hotel's painful butcher of Eddie Money's "Two Tickets to Paradise").
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Thank you averagejane! I do believe you are right! I knew I had heard it somewhere else. Even to my untrained ear....

The first time I heard the theme song I cracked up because it is such a rip-off from Dallas! And really, this show cannot begin to compare to Dallas!!!!
    Darn Kangaroos!! I am le tired.

I was trying to place it to! Good to know where it is from. I will let my housemates know. When we first heard it, all of us almost died on the floor laughing.

+ Reply to Thread