+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did we miss an episode??

FORT Newbie

Did we miss an episode??

Ok I'm a little confused. With the show ending next week and not all weeks showing 2 episodes like planned, does that not mean we missed something? Like tonight for example they showed before the show Cat saying Petra did not want David to kiss Cat and that Petra asked him this. But I never saw it in the actual show. I might be going crazy but I was looking for it, and did not see it. Also when they were showing clips of the season there was someone screaming at David, I thought this was Petra, but now I'm thinking maybe it was Cat and we will see it next week. Which would have been a major spoiler, but I could have sworn it was Petra. Someone please clear this up so I know I am not insane

Regarding show count, I can't say.

Regarding preview clips, it is pretty common for all of these reality tv shows to uses a clip in a preview but never show that clip in the actual show. They also show preview clips out of sequence w/ the actual shows, so it is possible that some of these are yet to come. Even the Petra clip could yet happen if, like the first JM, one of the women is allowed to stay around to chat while the final decisions are make.

(I forget the woman's name who was allowed to stay and chat--smoke--w/ Sarah while Sarah and Zora were the remaining two.)

I was wondering about the scenes where Anique said, "I asked David not to kiss Cat"; and where Petra is shown throwing something and yelling, "I hate you, I hate you"!

i actually remember anique saying "i asked david not to kiss cat." but i don't remember seeing the preview of "I hate you, i hate you" so i can't say if i saw it on the show or not.

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    Quote Originally Posted by lildebi123
    i actually remember anique saying "i asked david not to kiss cat." but i don't remember seeing the preview of "I hate you, i hate you" so i can't say if i saw it on the show or not.
    I remember them both and looked for them and never saw either scene. but that one lady sure was ticked off at David, thats for sure.

ooooh actually i do remember the "i hate you, i hate you" preview. when did they show that preview?? they definetly had it at the beginning of the season too right?? yeah, i don't remember that in the actual show. i bet she was talking to cat though.

FORT Newbie

what about the missing episode though??

ok so we may or may not have missed some scenes. but no one has actually addressed how fox was going to show 2 episodes a week from the beginning. We did not have 2 episodes every week, and I thought the show was originally scheduled to end next week, so would that not mean we missed an episode or 2? how many weeks were there with just one episode? And where did the second episode from those weeks go?? Could it be they had non elimination episodes that they simply did not air. Oh and the I hate you screaming scene was shown at least once when previews for the entire season were shown.And if it was before Fox scaled back to one episode a week, maybe they did not air some episodes and that is where that scene is, or it is next week. I dunno, someone clear up the extra episode issue please!!!
    Last edited by toshncali; 11-20-2003 at 04:17 AM.

I believe Fox began showing back to back episodes when their "highly anticipated" SKIN went bust. Previously there were two shows, one on Monday and one on Tuesday. I'm thinking the clips we wanted to see were just teasers and there were no intentions of showing the actual clips once we were hooked on the show.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by speedbump
    I believe Fox began showing back to back episodes when their "highly anticipated" SKIN went bust.
    Considering how much $$$money$$$ FOX spent on producing, casting, filming and promoting "Skin" - one can only imagine just how DISMAL the ratings must have been to axe the show after only a few weeks.

FOX really felt that this show was going to be a HUGE hit, and they planned to build around it as an anchor show. It must have been an enormous vacuumous black hole in their Monday night schedule for them to pull the plug so quickly. I imagine that maybe they will try and give it another rebirth at some point as a mid-season replacement or over the summer on some night when no one watches TV anyway. I just cant see them eating the loss.

I feel for Ron Silver who is a wonderful charecter actor.

Quote Originally Posted by Daddio
    Considering how much $$$money$$$ FOX spent on producing, casting, filming and promoting "Skin" - one can only imagine just how DISMAL the ratings must have been to axe the show after only a few weeks.
    According to news reports at the time, Skin was axed and JM2 went to double episodes because Fox was losing 2 million viewers on Monday nights (6 million for JM2 to only 4 million for Skin). The ratings for both shows were very disappointing, so Fox decided to cut its losses by cancelling Skin and going with double episodes of JM2 on Mondays just to get it over with.

Also, by switching to the once a week double show format, there will be one less JM2 episode than originally scheduled. But rather than cutting out anything in the middle, it is thought that the "missing" episode is just the recap show, ala JM1, before the grand finale. That suits me fine. When I want to watch a recap, I use my Tivo. (And when I want to read a recap, I check in with our own Goddesses Of Recaps, Bumpkin and L.G.)

I'm just thankful Fox didn't pull the plug entirely. I guess I'm out of step with the rest of the country on this one, but JM2's my all-time favorite reality show. It's going to be hard, though, to watch Linda get her heart broken. No matter whether she "wins" or "loses," I think she's a genuine sweetheart who doesn't deserve to be lied to. I'm hoping there's at least some sort of paycheck in it for her to cushion the blow.
    Last edited by Captain America; 11-20-2003 at 11:35 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast