+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is David Really Rich? (MAJOR SPOILERS)

Is David Really Rich? (MAJOR SPOILERS)

I dont know.....but my mom heard somewhere that his parents are millionaires. I dont know how resourceful she is. So i was wondering if you guys have heard anything. It would be a really great twist.

Yes, there is an article posted before the show aired, here somewhere (by me), that David's father is an oil multimillionaire, and David lives in a trailer on his property.

i also read somewhere that his parents have money. i wish i could remember where. it said something about the only reason he could be a rodeo guy and make no money is cause he doesn't have any pressure to succeed because his parents are well off and supportive and he will inherit things.

TV Guide is where you read it. With their headline "Is Joe Millionaire Really Rich?" on the front page.

Quote Originally Posted by John
    TV Guide is where you read it. With their headline "Is Joe Millionaire Really Rich?" on the front page.
    I think someone must have money. Rodeo'ing doesn't make a person rich...the true cowboys I know pay for their own travel all the time and there's no guarantee of a prize at all. The successful ones I know make more money from endorsements and appearances, believe it or not. Even the redneck crowd has their stars!

I've always been curious about this $11,000 he says he makes. Is that before travel and hotel expense, equipment and clothing (which is all tax deductible)?

It makes sense if he really is rich after all, because for being such a "klutz" (altho cute) he seems to have no trouble at all "playing rich" .... I remember last season, Joe M (forgot his name in the process lol...) had severe problems keeping up the facade & slipped a few times even ....
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

LG.
    I hope David really is rich, and I'm not quite sure why. I just like him and want him to not have to be some dirt poor guy who is going to have to take a job at the gas station after his back is so trashed from the rodeo that he can't do that for a living anymore when he old, like um, 30-something. Damn, I'm 30-something.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Well, your parents having money is a lot different from YOU having money.
    So far it has seemed to me that David was not "raised rich" -- i.e. he doesn't act like he can take money for granted. He seemed aghast at the cost of Olinda's sunglasses, for example. So if his parents have money, maybe that's a relatively new development in their lives, or maybe they were just really good at raising their son to know the value of a dollar.
    Or maybe I'm being snowed...
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Would his mother drink wine out of a cardboard box if they had money? Unless it will be new money in his pocket on his real 25th Birthday.

yeah! i read that in TV Guide too. my guess is that he wasn't rich before. well like he was rich, but he didn't have the money. like when he was talking to cat about the sunglasses, on the voice over he said something like, "I have to remember that $300 isn't a lot to a millionaire." he really was acting like it "was a lot." but i DO think that he's rich. and they tell like maybe the last two or last three that he's NOT rich. then, whoever still wants him will be it and he really IS rich.
    go cat

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast