+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is David Really Rich? (MAJOR SPOILERS)

LG.
    in another thread we talked about how it is likely that he'll become entitled to an inheritance or trust when he turns 25, as that was his cover story, and David is currently 24 years old.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Sky Blocks Champion
    I don't think he's rich. He doesn't act it. When they showed clips of his parents (in the first show?), his parents lived in a very modest house, with modest furnishings.

This article provides some interesting speculation on David and his family's net worth with tidbits of tabloid gossip.

http://www.realitytvworld.com/index/...ory.php?s=1963

A Houston article had interviews with some people that went to high school with David. One guy said that David's father bought him a $38,000 car while in high school. This article has been archived for pay or deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Kip
    I don't think he's rich. He doesn't act it. When they showed clips of his parents (in the first show?), his parents lived in a very modest house, with modest furnishings.
    This doesn't mean anything. Just because someone is rich doesn't mean they have to live like it...especially if they grew up poor.

That said, I don't think he is rich...in fact, I seem to remember this rumor about Evan, too.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

As I heard it in an interview, he really does make $11,000 a year, but is supported by his parents. (those are his words)
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

Liquid Graffiti liquid graffiti's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kip
    :stupid

The funny thing is, you don't really need to show off all the money you've got so that people can see that you're rich. And yes there was an article saying that his parents were rich and that he lives in their ranch.

What throws me off is his demeanor. He doesn't speak well, he's unpolished (except the "sir" and "ma'am" thing), he holds his utensils like a lumberjack, he walks like a cowboy, and he doesn't appear well-educated.

He may be loaded, but I guess it goes without saying that money can't buy you class.

Liquid Graffiti liquid graffiti's Avatar
    I totally agree, the past joe millionaire had more class than this guy now. I guess that the girls on the show don't really know him, as for the contrary, if it was all American girls he would've probably got no chance with them, and his cover would've by now be wide open.

I guess I have to disagree... at least David can pop bottle of champagne without injuring someone

Eight episodes in, I think I've given up on comparisons between David and Evan. Surely David seems uncultured, but he really is trying very hard (his history lessons and attempts to be a good host to the girls). I think I chalk their differences up to age and maturity as much as anything.

Uh-huh..yeah..riiiight... Warhol's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn
    What throws me off is his demeanor. He doesn't speak well, he's unpolished (except the "sir" and "ma'am" thing), he holds his utensils like a lumberjack, he walks like a cowboy, and he doesn't appear well-educated.

He may be loaded, but I guess it goes without saying that money can't buy you class.
    Actually, I think David has a lot of class. He's nice, he seems to treat people well and he also appears to have good intentions. And that's pretty much what class is defined by. However, what he doesn't appear to have is *sophistication* -- which is something money can very much help provide via education, travel, cultural exposure, etc. So it seems rather doubtful to me that his family really is rich. Because if that were the case, it strikes me as more than a bit odd that he consistently comes across as such a sheltered neophyte (albeit a very nice, good-natured one).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast