+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Bye, Bye Olinda - Finally

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddio
    I am sure it was there all along. Its just that in the earlier episodes there were more girls to give a little screen time too and just by attrition alone some of Olinda's actions had to wind up on the cutting room floor.

Each week as the number of girls dwindled, each remaining girl received more screen time and more of their true personalities were displayed.

By the time the group was down to six and we were seeing a combinations of one on one dates and clips of "meanwhile back at the villa", each girl was getting a lot more individual screen time and we saw the "real them".
    Yes, I too am glad that Olinda is gone. At first I didn't think much about her threats to CAT,just thought she was being over dramatic, but now that I have read a few of these posts and really put some thought to it, there was definitely a potential for danger there.

As far at the cow tipping, well I live in Texas, in a large meadow,surrounded by cows. All of our neighbors are ranchers and if you could see these gentle creatures who never would hurt anyone. It does indeed make me mad that someone would do that, round here , you better be careful about sneakin into someones field and messin with their cows, you might get an ass full of lead on the way out.

Quote Originally Posted by Cindirella
    Back home the only people I thanked for the good food were my mom and my grandma. I guess that's just the way it is.
    I'm going home for Christmas, and I will indeed thank my mom for the food. My moms cooking is so good, I can hardly wait

When do average catholics pray? Only in Church? That's the way it works fro protestants, at least where I'm from where the official state religion is Lutheran-evangelic (although you can have any religion you want).

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    looks-wise she has a weird looking mouth and upper lip, bad skin, is too skinny, saggy boobs, has skeletal chest with wierd bones poking out in her sternum.
    this comment makes no sence at all. she did not have boobs!!!!!

The only time she was even half-way pleasant was around David - which further proves that she is phony and two-faced.
    She wasn't two-faced...Cat was. If you don't believe me, just ask Olinda...she will back me up.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by astrogirl_2100
    I'm going home for Christmas, and I will indeed thank my mom for the food. My moms cooking is so good, I can hardly wait

When do average catholics pray? Only in Church? That's the way it works fro protestants, at least where I'm from where the official state religion is Lutheran-evangelic (although you can have any religion you want).
    Cool. I wish I could go home for Christmas. I miss my family sometimes...
    I don't know, my family is not very religious. But most people pray in church, or silently in introspection, like when they are alone, before bedtime etc... Praying is really a personal thing - there aren't any strict rules I don't think.

BTW, I never heard of cow-tipping, and I grew up in the country surrounded by farms. Cows were never too interesting to me tho... I had a few friends who used to like to paint on them (i.e. put McDonalds signs on them), but that's it. I just don't quite get it what the big deas is - for someone that uses cows for meat and eats it... It could be considered equally cruel - but I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumpkin
    The cow-tipping story had me

As I hear tell, cows lock their knees when they sleep. So you can sneak up on them and push them over pretty easily.
    Ok, I finally had to post in this forum. I was born and raised in Montana...and we NEVER went cow-tipping. It's an urban myth...or maybe a country myth. We joke about it to "city-folk", but none of us ever even tried it, even people I know who live on cattle ranches. I can't imagine being stupid enough (or drunk enough) to attempt to sneak up on a 1500 pound bovine.

While I'm sure some moron (or group of morons) has actually tried it and some states have laws against it (to protect stupid drunk people), none of the cows I ever met sleep standing up. In fact, some ranchers predict weather by the cows...if they are lying down, it's gonna rain. Cows can lie down, and do lie down for deep sleep.

Here's a link about the subject:

http://www.skeptic.com/jr5-09.html

GG

Well, at least we got you to post in the JM2 forum!
    (shower's that way -----> )

I googled cow-tipping this morning and was amazed by the number of websites which discuss the subject.

It does appear to be an urban legend which has been fallen for more often than snipe hunting. (though believe it or not, I've met a number of adults who have never heard of snipe either. Their indoctrination leads to much hilarity).

Still, many folks *swear* they've done it, generally in a drunken lather. For our readers general edification, here are some sites on cow-tipping:

How to Cow Tip
    http://www2.hot1.net/~sdorsey/cow-tip.htm

The Cow Tipping Song
    http://www.cs.umb.edu/~eugene/cow.html

An Online Support Group - FACT (Friends Against Cow Tipping)http://www.bradstratton.com/FACT/

Back on topic, Kristyna told this story to David with great sincerity. If David is aware of the urban legend (and presumably he knows the difficulty of taking down a cow/bull with a *rope*) then he immediately knew Kristyna was an idiot. And I wish the producers had played that moment up more.
    Last edited by Bumpkin; 11-14-2003 at 12:42 PM. Reason: Edited because I'm responding to GG and my G was poor.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumpkin

Back on topic, Kristyna told this story to David with great sincerity. If David is aware of the urban legend (and presumably he knows the difficulty of taking down a cow/bull with a *rope*) then he immediately knew Kristyna was an idiot. And I wish the producers had played that moment up more.
    Oh, he's smart enough not to give up our secret to the "citified" folk. Once the secret got out about snipe-hunting, we had to go to Plan B (cow-tipping). Of course, there are still people who try and pet the buffalo and bears in Yellowstone, so heh heh...plenty o' suckers left.

Back on topic...I love the name Old Linda--fits her perfectly. She looks like she tans a lot and drinks a lot, so I'm guessing she could be 26 as she claims. Can you imagine what she'll look like at 40??? We can call her Old Leather Linda then.

I have to tell you all this and then no more from me about cow-tipping, I swear...
    I got suspicious after reading the post from Grammar Goddess so I asked my hubby if he had ever actually done it. "Oh sure," he says. So I asked him how many guys it took to actually tip the cow, and he said, "Just one." I commented on how heavy cows are, and he said, "Oh, yeah, but you take a running start when you go at them..."
    So is that bulls**t or what? (if you'll pardon the pun)...
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I wonder if something happened to make Olinda this way...

Mental note: The dress she worre when she got booted off was absolutly hidious...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast