+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Bye, Bye Olinda - Finally

IMO Olinda seemed more obnoxious than the others from the beginning. But having someone that is obnoxious always makes for better TV, right?

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by astrogirl_2100
    While I would never make fun of someone praying before a meal, it is kind of weird. I'm European, and the only people I've met that prays before meals are Americans.
    That is a very interesting point you make. And I mean that honestly and sincerely and not sarcastically.

I am no geneologist nor do I have any facts or figures in front of me, but I would guess that the overwhelming majority of people in the U.S. are of European decent - whether it be German/Irish like myself, or Italian, English, French, Polish, Ukranian etc. (Lets not forget the only indigenous people in American are Native American Indians). This country was founded by European imigrants who emegrated from their homeland, bringing along their beliefs and customs with them.

I am not overly religious myself nor do I pray before meals - except at Thanskgiving, Christmas, Easter etc. But I always thought that most of the traditions that continue on in through generations here in the U.S. - especially regarding religious beliefs and practices - were those tradtions that were carried over from the old country.

But I guess things change everywhere.
    Last edited by Daddio; 11-11-2003 at 06:35 PM.

Ding Dong, OLINDA'S gone!!!! Woohoo!!

Didn't like her ever. Only 'good' thing she ever did on the show was pitch in and muck out the stalls. She's obviously intimidated by the younger women, Linda and Cat, I was Thrilled when she didn't get her DIAMOND necklace.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Ms O was even raggin on the hostess (name?) saying she wore the same black outfit twice. Then ? comes in an wow's them with that hot pink number. LOL Paul does not seem to be a happy man these days.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Noreen
    Ms O was even raggin on the hostess (name?) saying she wore the same black outfit twice. Then ? comes in an wow's them with that hot pink number. LOL Paul does not seem to be a happy man these days.
    I liked that Olinda's professions was shown as "Freelance Fashion Designer" - which no doubt translates to "Unemployed and puts together all of her own outfits" (obviously - judging by that color-blindness test chart dress she wore to her final necklace ceremony as well as some of her other fashion choices).

Quote Originally Posted by Daddio
    That is a very interesting point you make. And I mean that honestly and sincerely and not sarcastically.

I am not overly religious myself nor do I pray before meals - except at Thanskgiving, Christmas, Easter etc. But I always thought that most of the traditions that continue on in through generations here in the U.S. - especially regarding religious beliefs and practices - were those tradtions that were carried over from the old country.

But I guess things change everywhere.
    I think that we sent the very religious people to America To me, America is a very religious country. I am Scandinavian, and we are well-know as being not very religious. Most people belive in God, but they don't go to church except for Christmas and they don't pray on a regular basis (those who do are seen as _very_ religious). To me religion is a private matter, much like sex, you don't go around and advertise your preferences unless you are among very close friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Noreen

Hubby commented ... Paul's just hoping the check clears.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Olinda did not grate on my nerves and seem like a wrinkled horror until last night. I think it was the two hours back to back that sent me over the edge. David said himself that she was not his type. I do think the producers kept her around as long as possible. I think she was hand picked for the gladiator date by the producers because they thought she would be the biggest cut up in underwear and garb which she was right up to almost cutting David's hand off. I knew she was psychotic reality TV history after she broke that sword and almost sliced David. I could not sit through two hours of Olinda or her one-on-one time with David at the hotel which must not have gone any better since she got the boot. I did not like how Cat was treated. I enjoyed that Cat was much more feistier than Linda and put on a good chase of David much like a Cat after a mouse.

Olinda will probably be a big hit in Sweden. She may become a Swedish soap opera villian. She wouldn't even need to learn the script. She could just play herself.

Paul is really being wasted on Joe Millionaire 2. This show would be so much better if he was given a chance again to showcase his wit.

I lost any fondness for Olinda early on when they showed her at breakfast with a hangover, wearing dark glasses, smoking, complaining about the early hour, looking like she was 50 years old. Yuck!

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    One little clip I forgot about too that epitomized OLd-Linda's hag nature...when she was finished packing her stuff and she was walking around announcing that she WAS finished as if she was a princess or something. Had flashbacks to Heidi in JM1 doing the bad French translation and saying bread baggage

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast