+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: This vidcap seems (???) to indicate the 'retrurn of Linda'....

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by funnygirl422
    Yeah, but I also see her bitch-slapping David when the truth comes out. German women as a race have very low tolerance levels.
    Spunkezine ist good, yah, yah! And here’s to Cat having a VERY finely engineered version of it to survive the harpies...and to David having a VERY high tolerance for pain as he gets the beatin' he deserves!

Quote Originally Posted by NYGal
    That scene was from the second show when the other two German ladies were cut. Cat was very upset when they left.
    just wondering, did the people from the same countries know each other before the show?? like linda and the blonde woman she was friends with?

Quote Originally Posted by lildebi123
    just wondering, did the people from the same countries know each other before the show?? like linda and the blonde woman she was friends with?
    It's possible that some of the ladies met during the "auditions", but I get the feeling some knew each other before. You would always see Olinda and Lina with their heads down or backs turned to the camera whispering to each other; Linda seemed especially close to Karolina and Krystina; Cat always sat or stood next to Johanna and Alessia was sad when Yasmina was eliminated, but we never saw her communicating with Giada.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by lildebi123
    It was mentioned by another FORT member in another thread that Petra was a veteran of other European 'Reality TV' shows. If this is correct, then it stands to reason that many of the other girls - if not all - are also actresses, models, wannabees etc. Fox probably just contacted a casting/modeling agency in each country and asked them to send over half a dozen girls between the ages of 20-30 (or that at least "claimed" to be in that age group - Olinda) with good- but not perfect - English skills, to be part of an American televion show, and thus the cast was chosen.

FOX probably found this to be a much quicker, a much safer (from an ease of production standpoint) and most of all a much CHEAPER way of casting the show than by actually holding "open auditions" to novices and non-actresses in each country.

Its sad and borderline fraud when these 'Reality TV' programs stock the cast with professional actors and actress - no matter if they are D level or not.

But I have to admit it makes $ense. Imagine the cost of flying the producers to cities throughout Europe to hold open auditions, accommodations, meals, camera crews, renting places to hold the auditions, and then going back again for the final cutdowns etc. It would cost a pretty penny. And then you arent sure if you will get people who will be camera shy, boring, unpredictable, not open to producer direction etc.

So much safer and cheaper for the producers to make a few phone calls to local casting agencies in Europe who would salivate to get a few of their starlets faces and figures on American TV. Heck the casting agencies probably even paid to fly the girls to and from Italy and put them up on their own until the final group was chosen.

Just a theory.

If 'Reality Shows' work this way - and I think we all agree that many do. Then maybe they would be better suited to call them something other than 'Reality'. I'd still watch them and they would still be entertaining but a little more open and honest about what they really are.

ahhh i see. ok thanks guys!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123