+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Can Linda come back?

FORT Newbie

Can Linda come back?

Wouldn't it be a great twist if Linda came back?

I think there is a spark between her and David. He is smitten by her and she may feel more comfortable with less girls around. She could come back when there are two girls left and explain to David why she asked to go.

To be honest I do not particularly like the idea of Linda coming back. She chose to leave, David chose to let her go. We simply can not know everything Linda was thinking about when she asked to be let go, maybe she did not want to end up on a ranch in United States however rich the ranch owner would be. Maybe part of her "I let others influence me so easily" also meant that she realized in this fantasy setting she was beginning to like someone she would have never imagined dating in real life. Yes, she said she had no will/strength to fight it, but since she chose to leave she obviously did not think David was the (only) one for her and one must respect her decision (same with David). Sparks fly everyday between people yet majority of them do not end up together, attraction simply is not always enough.
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

, well said Tirlittan.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirlittan
    To be honest I do not particularly like the idea of Linda coming back. She chose to leave, David chose to let her go. We simply can not know everything Linda was thinking about when she asked to be let go, maybe she did not want to end up on a ranch in United States however rich the ranch owner would be. Maybe part of her "I let others influence me so easily" also meant that she realized in this fantasy setting she was beginning to like someone she would have never imagined dating in real life. Yes, she said she had no will/strength to fight it, but since she chose to leave she obviously did not think David was the (only) one for her and one must respect her decision (same with David). Sparks fly everyday between people yet majority of them do not end up together, attraction simply is not always enough.
    So will you be upset when she does?

My day has turned night.. Atlantic's Avatar
    No way will I be upset, but they better make it look good. I mean, its kinda unfair to just ask somebody to come back, this is after all a competition of sorts. But as long as its nicely done, than I wouldn't mind it one bit. Than again, what if he falls for someone else?

Oh, and are you saying she IS coming back? I was geniunely moved by last nights episode. I could feel Davids pain. And Linda is sooooo innocent. (Thats the way its being portrayed anyways) I can't see how it could work out if they did get together, unless of course David decides to supplement his income by the entertainment industry, than.....I think it could work. Both of them would have to find some middle ground. David with his hobbies, Linda with whatever hers is, but in the end they both come back home to a classy place.

Actually, I think thats what David wants. I think David loves his cowboy image, but I think deep down he wouldn't mind one bit to "upgrade" or change his lifestyle to something more elegant.

I don't know. Doesn't it break the rules of the exploitive Reality show if they allow two people with a genuine "connection" to hook up, despite crummy rules and situations crafted to keep them apart?

Think about it. If Linda had stayed the show would have become all about Linda and David sitting in a tree. :-) I have no idea if Paul actually overheard the girls working on her to quit (that comment definitely could have been added later to make us think he did), but if he did, wouldn't it have been perfectly within the rules (and the precidents set on this show) for him to tell David? And he didn't. Either because he DIDN'T hear that stuff, or because the producers were allowing the pressure on her or (gasp) perhaps had even done something subtly to cause it.

At this point, I thought she was classy enough, and even with the power of editing I still think maybe actually sweet enough, that she deserves off the train wreck.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    At this point, I thought she was classy enough, and even with the power of editing I still think maybe actually sweet enough, that she deserves off the train wreck.
    Yeah, I have to reluctantly agree with you. :stupid

David did the only thing he could do when she asked to be eliminated. And now we have to move on.

Sob.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion
    Krom, I wondered the same thing...if the producers engineered Linda's departure because David was so obviously focused on her.

But then again, there's the surprise twist! And they did it (repeatedly) on Paradise Hotel, which is when I quit watching.
    What would have been funny in the suspenseful moments leading up to him not choosing Linda would have been flashbacks to Amy's fit when being kept on P-Ho after asking to leave! (just something that occurred to me at the time)
    One by one, the penguins are stealing my sanity

CurvesForum

David's first mistake was asking her to talk about what was bothering her in front of all of the other girls, if he had half a brain (unfortunately he does not) he would have taken Linda away from the group to talk to her considering how serious this issue was, but of course he just further ostracized her by trying to get her to reveal what the real problem was.

His second mistake was not having the intelligence to realize this had nothing to do about him and by him asking, "I hope this has nothing to do with what I said or did?" typical response, yet not much thinking going on there.

She might come back for shock and awe value (ratings), and maybe that is why the producers chose not to inform David of why she was leaving and let him boot her.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast