+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Can Linda come back?

Linda is the one returning. I rewatched the first show to preview this season's coming attractions. Almost everything they previewed have already been shown, except for Linda and David kissing infront of the Villa and Linda comforting a very distraught Cat. I am a sucker for a "happy" endings, and there can be no other for David except with Linda. He finds Cat "fresh" and "forward" and "too touchy, feely", he is intimidated by Anique's beauty and feels most comfortable with Petra because she grew up on a farm, but he did say he can't express how much he is "really, really attracted" to Linda.

Quote Originally Posted by NYGal
    Almost everything they previewed have already been shown, except for Linda and David kissing infront of the Villa and Linda comforting a very distraught Cat.
    Yeah, that shot of Linda comforting Cat. I know there were other possible explanations offered, but none of them made as much sense as Linda returning.

And then when JGold asked a few weeks ago if we would be upset when Linda returned.

Like the Bob Dylan song, you don't have to be a weatherman...

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by NYGal
    Linda is the one returning. I rewatched the first show to preview this season's coming attractions. Almost everything they previewed have already been shown, except for Linda and David kissing infront of the Villa and Linda comforting a very distraught Cat. I am a sucker for a "happy" endings, and there can be no other for David except with Linda. He finds Cat "fresh" and "forward" and "too touchy, feely", he is intimidated by Anique's beauty and feels most comfortable with Petra because she grew up on a farm, but he did say he can't express how much he is "really, really attracted" to Linda.
    David obviously still has strong feelings for her. In the first show Mon. night, when the girl on the boat ride in the rain brought up Linda, it obviously threw David for a loop and affected him emotionally.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Kip
    David obviously still has strong feelings for her. In the first show Mon. night, when the girl on the boat ride in the rain brought up Linda, it obviously threw David for a loop and affected him emotionally.
    Oddly enough though, if you will recall, David became upset when the other girls brought up Linda and at one point he said something to the affect of "I didn't have any strong feelings for Linda, I didn't get to even know Linda". That is not a verbatim quote but he said something very similar to one of the girls when they were on a private date standing in front of some building.

He could have just been acting macho and downplaying his real feelings for her and the fact that she hurt him when she asked to leave. David is not a very convincing liar and it is obvious that he did have the hots for Linda.

Off subject - David seems very, very conservative when it comes to "physical" interaction with the woman and seemed very uncomfortable with Cat's advances. He also didn't answer his door when Cat dropped by in her silk nighty looking for a booty call, even after she repeatedly knocked and rang the bell.

Combine this with David's strong religious beliefs and...

Anyone but me suspect that David may be a virgin?

I just hope Linda really wants to return, and she just won't politely say 'yes of course' because she is asked to.
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Daddio
    Oddly enough though, if you will recall, David became upset when the other girls brought up Linda and at one point he said something to the affect of "I didn't have any strong feelings for Linda, I didn't get to even know Linda".
    David was genuinely hurt when Linda left. I wouldn't be surprised if they had to call someone in to speak with him. When he told Cat, "I didn't really know her", you could tell that he just didn't want to talk about it. I am sure he was upset with himself for falling so hard, so fast because it caused him to get burned. Poor, sweet David.

FORT Regular
    Linda would be the only logical choice to come back. Any other girl would be taking the chance of being rejected a second time by David. I don't see any of the others coming back He never rejected Linda.

I posted this in another thread, but let me repeat it here since this thread looks like the proper place...

I don't think it a coincindence that so many of the women have asked David about Linda. I suspect that the producers were trying to determine if they dare introduce a twist to bring her back, and in so doing planted the vision of Linda in the simple minds of the women. I imagine that one of their usual daily on-camera interviews went like this...

* Does David like you?

* Do you think he likes you MORE than he liked Linda?

Each would be quick to ask David about Linda next time they were alone.

I don't buy all this interest in Linda as random. Clearly indirect foreshadowing by the producers.

Quote Originally Posted by Daddio
    Off subject - David seems very, very conservative when it comes to "physical" interaction with the woman and seemed very uncomfortable with Cat's advances. He also didn't answer his door when Cat dropped by in her silk nighty looking for a booty call, even after she repeatedly knocked and rang the bell.

Combine this with David's strong religious beliefs and...

Anyone but me suspect that David may be a virgin?
    I doubt he's a virgin. Religious just doesn't mean virgin, especially for a guy. He was in a suite; when Cat knocked on the door, he was probably in bed, not dressed, in another room. It could have been anyone at the door--he probably put on pants before coming to the door. She got impatient and went in. I conclude nothing from that.

I do get the impression that he isn't very used to the forwardness of these gals, but frankly, even I'm surprised by some of the things they say and do on camera.

I doubt that he is a virgin, but he is very shy. Two previous girlfriends (interviewed in magazines) have said he is shy, but responds when the women is the aggressor. Some men who lack confidence in their appeal to women, need the reinforcement of being the pursued rather than the pursuer - his enthusiastaic response to Cat's advances would indicate this is the case.

I think he is much too sweet for these girls.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345