+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Can Linda come back?

Quote Originally Posted by jgoldstein2000
    So will you be upset when she does?
    More along the lines of being disgusted if it is done by producers to add spice to the show. David hardly needs to be confused any more than he is already.

But, if it would be David and Linda both requesting the return against producers plan/will, then it would be kind of romantic (ending to the show, it really would need to end right there). It just depends whose initiative it would be.
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

Liquid Graffiti liquid graffiti's Avatar
    I really liked Linda a lot. Why did he let her go ?? That's not good. Now I hope he stays with Cat.

So will you be upset when she does?
    Hey, wait a minute. What do you mean "when she does"?

Methinks you may have some insider info given your Czech connection.

On second thought, don't tell me. I'm still going through Linda withdrawals as it is.

Well, Linda is a model...so you might see her again somewhere someday. Of course, if she really wants to be a supermodel she's going to have to toughen up a bit, because those fashion shows can get nasty behind the scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kip
    Krom, I wondered the same thing...if the producers engineered Linda's departure because David was so obviously focused on her.
    I had the exact same thought. David was obviously smitten with Linda and really wasn't interested in any of the other ladies, so they had to do something to prolong the suspense. It wouldn't do for the viewing audience to know by the second show who his final choice would be. Why were the other ladies upset that David asked Linda to go for a ride and weren't upset when he asked Kristina and Cat? I honestly believe that someone pointed out to the other ladies that David was paying a lot of attention to Linda. I believe her departure was engineered.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by NYGal
    I had the exact same thought. David was obviously smitten with Linda and really wasn't interested in any of the other ladies, so they had to do something to prolong the suspense. It wouldn't do for the viewing audience to know by the second show who his final choice would be. Why were the other ladies upset that David asked Linda to go for a ride and weren't upset when he asked Kristina and Cat? I honestly believe that someone pointed out to the other ladies that David was paying a lot of attention to Linda. I believe her departure was engineered.
    The idea that the producers engineered her leaving is ridiculous... she was legitimately stressed out....

even without feeling pressure from the women there was alot of pressure assoicated with just being there...

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I'd love to see her come back at the end if the girl who "wins" rejects him when he tells her of the money, and in walks Linda accepting it all.

Hey, they've done it in every other reality show (and now even Survivor :Grrr), why not here?
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

The idea that the producers engineered her leaving is ridiculous...
    I keep forgetting that there is no "tinkling" involved when it comes to reality shows. Thanks for the reminder!

FORT Newbie
    I too think it's very unlikely that the producers forced Linda out (and if they did, it was a huge miscalculation.) Deep down the viewers of these shows want to see 2 people end up happy. Yes, we love the fighting, the controversy, the cattiness, etc, but when the first JM finale aired everyone was on the edge of their chair praying for him to pick Zora, since we knew she was the best match.

David and Linda were such a good match we could see it even after only a couple episodes - the ending would have been great had she stayed in. They'd have it all - the excitement from those crazy European girls, and two people end up together that really seem to like each other. Through judicial editing (which they're so good at) the producers could have even placed doubt in our mind that Linda was a slam dunk. They probably already do this on shows where it's obvious that the "star" is only really interested in a certain person.

Anyway, I hope she comes back. No ending without David and Linda could ever be as satisfying.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by NYGal
    I keep forgetting that there is no "tinkling" involved when it comes to reality shows. Thanks for the reminder!
    I'm assuming that was sarcasm...

Of course reality TV shows are "tinkered" with... especially since they are edited before we ever see them.... but the producers did not "force Linda" out... she was stressed out for reasons that we can only understand a little bit...

1 point that has not been mentioned is that maybe she was stressed out because of how much she liked David... maybe that was complicated for her.

She also clearly missed Karolina.

Also, these Central European women are not used to the kind of reality TV show competition that we have come to take for normal.

For what it's worth... I believe Linda's leaving played out much like we saw it on TV. I think, however, that they made it seem 100% about the other women when that was only part of it.

My 4 cents...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast