+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Can Linda come back?

I completely agree that David should have pulled her aside and spoken to her about her decision before he made his. Maybe she wouldn't allow that. Maybe the other girls wouldn't allow that.

David deserves someone that likes him and is willing to stand by him or follow her heart or She's not willing, she's easily influences, she's weak, etc.

What the hell would she do when she realizes this is all fake? My guess is she sure as hell wouldn't stand by him. David deserves someone stronger than that. Hopefully he'll find that with some of the remaining girls.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

The one part of that I have to disagree with is the "David deserves" part. We really have no idea what he deserves, I think. Based on what we've seen, he seems like a nice guy... but we've been fooled before, haven't we?

Obviously we are also jumping to conclusions about Linda based on limited information as well. I want to believe she's this nice pretty sweet model/waitress who got in over her head. But I should probably know better. :-)

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    The one part of that I have to disagree with is the "David deserves" part. We really have no idea what he deserves, I think. Based on what we've seen, he seems like a nice guy... but we've been fooled before, haven't we?

Obviously we are also jumping to conclusions about Linda based on limited information as well. I want to believe she's this nice pretty sweet model/waitress who got in over her head. But I should probably know better. :-)
    She is a sweet girl who got in over her head! These girls had no idea what they were getting in to. They were eseentially quarantined. They don't share American ideals based around competition.

But she will be fine...

My guess - Linda doesn't come back, but they add Charla to the cast during the last week of sweeps. Amazingly, even though Charla was a big Joe Millionaire fan, she falls for David's ruse and believes he's a millionaire! At the end, he picks Charla and she picks him. The producers give her a million dollars to do with as she pleases. She keeps it all, leaves David hanging and returns to her trailer in Minnesota.
    Not laughing, just rolling on the floor!

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    i'd feel bad for Linda if she did come back... she got out of a train wreck without even realizing it! How bad would David feel if by some twist she does get back in the game and she is ultimately the brunt of this 80 million dollar hoax.

the best bet for David would be to pick the biggest money grubber of the lot- expose her for what she is- make her look like a fool, and then after the dust settles, find a way to reconnect with Linda.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by GasCanInc
    Wouldn't it be a great twist if Linda came back?
    I liked Linda too but this is a game of elimination and not a game of coddling fragile egos or hurt feelings. So you have to practice tough love. So to Linda I would have to say, "Linda baby, if you can't take the heat then get out of the human petrie dish and don't let the door hit you in your exceptionally fine ass on the way out of the Villa".

It's the same with that muscle bound but totally whimpass Osten on Survivor. What would it say to the Survivors roughing it out and busting their humps if in a "strange twist" Osten was allowed to rethink his decision to leave and be allowed to return after he pouted for a little while and pampered his temple.

People like this will run and hide from every challenge they face in their life and dont deserve to win a game of cutthroat. Not even if they are cute and cuddly.

You are an adult and you need to be prepared to be held accountable for the decisions you make. Zero tolerance, Nuff said.

PS: If David and Linda are really that hot to trot for each other they could simply exchange telephone numbers and agree to start dating, say, six months after the show is over. David isnt likely to marry and of the other women anyway. There were no stipulations that Zhora and Einstein had to get married or anything to get their $ and they have both gone their seperate ways and into seperate arms.
    Last edited by Daddio; 11-04-2003 at 02:13 PM.

"Zhora and Einstein"!

sad thing though is that this David makes Evan look like Einstein- he is the reason the show is falling apart- he has NO social skills, cant stimulate conversation, and comes off as a complete DOLT!

Wasn't that the reason people watched? Because Evan had no social skills or redeeming qualities whatsoever?
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

it's the "stimulate conversation" part that bothers me... for once i want to see him jump up on Hurricane and say something profound... instead we get the same drivel over and over again...

"Perfect" sounds better to me than everything is "amazing" from all the other shows.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast