+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: SPOILERS - 10/28 Episode Discussion

Joeguy, I don't disagree with your point, but let's not go there exactly.

I was as surprised as the rest of you that David said he was Catholic.

I have to believe he was testing the girl's reaction with saying grace. He didn't say it as one who was used to praying out loud. If that makes any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumpkin
    Joeguy, I don't disagree with your point, but let's not go there exactly.

I was as surprised as the rest of you that David said he was Catholic.

I have to believe he was testing the girl's reaction with saying grace. He didn't say it as one who was used to praying out loud. If that makes any sense.

Maybe all the stress brought out his Catholic guilt and he had to do something, instead of being like Bobby the Bachelor and saying that he was screwed he probably thought that he'd better pray!

On Hiatus
    I haven't had a lot of time to focus in on this JM, but the little I've seen has kind of left me empty. I can't seem to keep the girls straight (of course, I had that problem in JM1) and it's just...weird.

Perhaps the problem is that in all of the two episodes I've caught (about 30 minutes total), I have yet to see much of David.
    "Ashleigh": I just think it's sleazy. It's dirty.
    Matt: Welcome to television!
    -The Joe Schmo Show

I agree that he was probably doing it just to test the girls reactions...praying that is....

I know that my family (which is a religiously blended family, but does have Catholics) prays outloud (well, one person says the prayer outloud while the rest keep their heads bowed and either follow along quietly or say it in our heads) at family gatherings, which I guess could be considered "special occassions"......so it wasn't weird to see him pray like that to me, but he did make it seem like it was more a test of the ladies than a Supper Prayer.

It seemed to me that Tereza was the only one who acknowledged his "custom" with sincerity (she apologized for taking a bite of her food before they prayed), which I felt was a genuine reaction from her ("Oh #@$% I ate before we prayed, I'm going to burn for that....") He said he cut her for bringing up the money first, which I didn't think she was the one who did.....I'm going to have to go back and re-watch that......And she apologized for swearing....I thought she might have been a good match for him, but ah well...
    I'm a little too rough, but it's too late to be good

Quote Originally Posted by WyldeChylde77
    I agree that he was probably doing it just to test the girls reactions...praying that is....

I know that my family (which is a religiously blended family, but does have Catholics) prays outloud (well, one person says the prayer outloud while the rest keep their heads bowed and either follow along quietly or say it in our heads) at family gatherings, which I guess could be considered "special occassions"......so it wasn't weird to see him pray like that to me, but he did make it seem like it was more a test of the ladies than a Supper Prayer.

It seemed to me that Tereza was the only one who acknowledged his "custom" with sincerity (she apologized for taking a bite of her food before they prayed), which I felt was a genuine reaction from her ("Oh #@$% I ate before we prayed, I'm going to burn for that....") He said he cut her for bringing up the money first, which I didn't think she was the one who did.....I'm going to have to go back and re-watch that......And she apologized for swearing....I thought she might have been a good match for him, but ah well...

Ya and wouldn't you know that we are now gonna have to wait longer to find out who Dave is gonna cut for being blasphemous now that Fox is onlly showing it on Mondays.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789