+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: SPOILERS - 10/28 Episode Discussion

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by psucashcow
    I wish he had kept Tereza and booted Anique. Anique's butt is probably on the line next, unless someone else makes another inquiry about the $$$ and gets booted first. She definitely acted very distant at the ceremony.
    i've been rooting for Anique since the beginning and have been watching her very closely so far... she doesnt say much- until someone/something gets her riled up... holy cow- she was really grilling him at the bike ride/picnic about the horse and the inheritance! i think she is onto him- it just seems that if anyone were to figure out the truth- my $$$ is on Anique. She doesn't seem like she believes the whole charade yet...

I liked Tereza as well- think she got the boot b/c she went on a cursing rampage when they were talking about their sins? Maybe David is more perceptive and judgemental then we thought?

Lina is by far the most annoying! She is nonstop busting his chops (Ma'am, religion, howdy, etc...)!

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by oneTVslave
    I also think it was very tacky and disrespectful of Olinda and anyone else to make fun of David's beliefs and saying grace before dinner.

I don't mean to offend anyone here, but I have to ask - if you were very religious, how would you justify being the star of a show like this? A show that is built on lies and deceit? Wouldn't the Catholic church frown upon something like that? I am not a religious person, so I am just theorizing, but it just seems really hypocritical to me. Of course, maybe he isn't very religious but just says grace out of his tradition and upbringing. Or maybe if he asks to be forgiven for his sins before every meal, he is absolved and can go about his merry way telling all the lies he wants.
    Again, I am not trying to offend - just food for thought...

I think he was probably trying to gage their reaction to religion being a part of his life. He was able to see the reactions to his praying. He even mentioned that Olinda seemed to be "cracking" him about it.I would imagine that would tell a lot about someones character and would help him decide who to eliminate. I don't find it offensive that if he is religious and prays before a meal and then goes along doing lies. I pray before each meal, I am not a particularly religious person, just the way a lot of people in the south are raised. I don't mind that he is on a show where the main thing is a lie. If I am not mistaken the last women standing, will probably get a nice check from FOX!!! I would imagine that going into this it would not be a sure thing that the woman he picked he would end up marrying anyway. I mean I would imagine that FOX probably without spilling the beans had to tell these women that end the end the choice to actually marry would have to be mutually agreed upon by both parties, so there is no guarantee that David would even want to marry the last girl standing, just cause he picks her to to go the end... see what I mean. If this year is like last year, they will both walk away with money. Right?

Quote Originally Posted by THINBOUND
    If this year is like last year, they will both walk away with money. Right?
    You are correct, I imagine this year will end the same way...
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

FORT Newbie
    One comment on David's prayer before meals. The prayer he uses is NOT the traditional Catholic grace, so I was surprised to hear him later say he was Catholic. I am not sure where/how he came up with the prayer he is using, but normally Catholics do not mention sin as part of thanking God for their meal.

The traditional prayer If memory serves) is:

Bless us, oh Lord, and these, thy gifts, which we are about to receive from thy bounty through Christ, our Lord. Amen.

FORT Newbie
    I told my daughter that if they do a JM 3, then they should find the ugliest, disgustingly mannored, REAL rich guy and then let him really pick from a group of women. Let's see what the women are willing to put up with for money. There are just some people I would not want to get physical with no matter how much money they have. I think that would be a funny one to watch!!!! Let's see how much they want the BLING,BLING!heheheheh...

You are correct, I imagine this year will end the same way...
    At least the walking-away bit....

Quote Originally Posted by Bard Guy
    One comment on David's prayer before meals. The prayer he uses is NOT the traditional Catholic grace, so I was surprised to hear him later say he was Catholic. I am not sure where/how he came up with the prayer he is using, but normally Catholics do not mention sin as part of thanking God for their meal.

The traditional prayer If memory serves) is:

Bless us, oh Lord, and these, thy gifts, which we are about to receive from thy bounty through Christ, our Lord. Amen.

Yes, so true. He made it up, it's probably because it's out of habit not because he is really religious. I'm catholic and attended catholic school for nine years, yet grace is never said at our family table unless it's a special occasion. Most of my friends are the people that attended catholic school with me and I know that they don't say grace as well unless a special occasion.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I actually don't think that makes him less religious. There are a lot of people who don't attend church that consider themselves religious.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Quote Originally Posted by BravoFan
    I actually don't think that makes him less religious. There are a lot of people who don't attend church that consider themselves religious.

Maybe he's one of those that say that "you don't have to attend a church to pray". I know that I don't attend church as much as I used to but I think I've become more spiritual, and i still consider myself a good catholic.

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    A show that is built on lies and deceit? Wouldn't the Catholic church frown upon something like that?
    Uuummmmm these are the ones that covered for the child molesting priest for How Many Years??????? lies and deceit? they wrote the book

+ Reply to Thread