+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: SPOILERS - 10/28 Episode Discussion

Being from the south, I've known a lot of folks who couldn't gracefully make their way in a restaurant with real cloth knapkins - but who had plenty of horse sense. I am beginning to think that for all his aw shucks ma'am and "Mr. Paul" routine, David has plenty of horse sense.

I've really been surprised by his observations about the girls. No, he's not a good liar, and he's uncomfortable with the lies he's already told - but since when is *that* a character flaw?

The whole saying grace thing really threw me. He could have handled that differently if he felt strongly about saying grace before a meal (and I've never once asked forgiveness for my sins during a dinnertime prayer.)

Even funnier was the reaction of the girls tho. "he's so religious!"

Google is fun. (And, at this point, a little more entertaining than the show).

http://probullstats.com/forums/viewthread.php?tid=635
    FOX Broadcasting Partners with RodeoNetwork.com
    Ashley Yegan from FOX contacted me. FOX TV Network is looking for a single, tall, handsome cowboy who is ready for adventure to participate in the biggest reality relationship show ever. They’ll be sending ONE lucky man to two of the world’s most romantic destinations in search of that special someone. This is going to be a huge show for FOX for next season.

They NEED a Cowboy with a sense of adventure and a readiness for love. If this is you please call Jeremy or Isabel at (323) 851-1060. Tell 'em RodeoNetwork.com sent ya!
    p.s. plug in "david smith" Bellville TX and you'll find a lot.

Uh-huh..yeah..riiiight... Warhol's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill_in_PDX

He did say Water Burger fluff... I am sure I really don't want to know what that is.
    Actually...just for clarification purposes....he said "Whataburger". It's a South/Southwest U.S. fast food chain.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    How many times during each show does David say "Perfect"? Everything is "perfct". No it's not David! I'm tired of hearing "Perfect"!

Okay, rant over - continue

Unklescott - I am so glad to see I'm not the only person who was starting to cringe at the "Perfect"s. I know I'm in the minority, but I liked Evan better, but hey, I always preferred the construction worker to the cowboy in the Village People, too. Short, blond with a Texas accent - not my type. Tall, dark and a little dense - PERFECT!
    Sing & dance the night away!

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirlittan
    To the religion, Europeans usually do not go to church weekly, it is not a social gathering place like in America.

.... Actually it can tell a lot about their true level of interest in him; do they bother trying to understand/accept/respect his odd (in their eyes) behavior or not.
    Thanks for the info...who woulda thunk I could learn something new from a reality show? I obviously don't expect everyone to follow religion (to each his own), but the way these girls all acted, granted it was a cross section of 8 girls from various countries, I was very surprised how much they were all taken aback by what he was doing. I wasn't prepared to see such "shock and awe" by something so innocent. I wanted to see at least one girl that didn't think twice about it, but I never saw it as they all look confused; the only girl that said it was nice was Giaeda (sp?) but she admitted she has never seen a man do that before.

As far as their level of interest, I would agree it is a pretty good indicator....Anique, I think, was the one rolling her eyes up in the air and Olinda was just plain rude about it. Like you said, even if they don't agree with it or understand it, they could at least show some manners.

Now that's about the most serious post I've done lately, so back to reality!

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumpkin
    Being from the south, I've known a lot of folks who couldn't gracefully make their way in a restaurant with real cloth knapkins - but who had plenty of horse sense. I am beginning to think that for all his aw shucks ma'am and "Mr. Paul" routine, David has plenty of horse sense.

I've really been surprised by his observations about the girls. No, he's not a good liar, and he's uncomfortable with the lies he's already told - but since when is *that* a character flaw?
    I could not agree more!!! I am from Texas and grew up with guys like David all my life!! I have a pretty thick southern accent, married into a European family and have forever been made fun of my accent and "country gir" roots!(In a loving way!!). That is just the way we speak and it can make us sound ignorant, when there is so much more underneath the surface!!!

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I was really annoyed at Olinda for her reaction to David's beliefs and saying grace. So f-ing rude to make fun of him. Based on that alone (without considering how much of a freak she is) I was wanting him to boot her.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Yup- Olinda is definitely a skanky girl. But, we all saw that right away. He, however, knows only what he sees and he sees something else.

I haven't watched last night show yet, but read the recap. Their reaction to him saying grace is interesting, but even if you aren't religious, you can be polite about it. His strong religious beliefs may turn a few girls off, but I bet they'll stay since they think he has $$.

I also think it was very tacky and disrespectful of Olinda and anyone else to make fun of David's beliefs and saying grace before dinner.

I don't mean to offend anyone here, but I have to ask - if you were very religious, how would you justify being the star of a show like this? A show that is built on lies and deceit? Wouldn't the Catholic church frown upon something like that? I am not a religious person, so I am just theorizing, but it just seems really hypocritical to me. Of course, maybe he isn't very religious but just says grace out of his tradition and upbringing. Or maybe if he asks to be forgiven for his sins before every meal, he is absolved and can go about his merry way telling all the lies he wants.
    Again, I am not trying to offend - just food for thought...
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by oneTVslave
    I don't mean to offend anyone here, but I have to ask - if you were very religious, how would you justify being the star of a show like this? A show that is built on lies and deceit? Wouldn't the Catholic church frown upon something like that?
    David didn't really know what he was getting into when he signed up.
    He's looking at this as if it some sort of a game as opposed to a dating type game where he may actually find a potential wife. I cannot imagine him believing that one of these women would agree to marry him after the deceit. There is very little room for forgiveness with these European women. I am expecting fur to start flying any time now.

+ Reply to Thread