+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: American girls were better...

I'm not a fan of the underlying impetus of the show: that women are golddiggers.

Cat is by far the hottest, but not my type.

Interestingly, I've also found the European women skinnier. Is it the smoking?

Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn
    I'm not a fan of the underlying impetus of the show: that women are golddiggers.

Cat is by far the hottest, but not my type.

Interestingly, I've also found the European women skinnier. Is it the smoking?
    No, Americans tend to be more overweight than Europeans. I don't mean all of you, but as a general tendency. Maybe it's the food Americans eat? The fattest people I have ever seen are Americans, no contest. Not that any of them are ever on reality shows, except Ralphie May.

Quote Originally Posted by astrogirl_2100
    No, Americans tend to be more overweight than Europeans. I don't mean all of you, but as a general tendency. Maybe it's the food Americans eat? The fattest people I have ever seen are Americans, no contest.
    Tell me about it... Never seen so much obesity around me in my whole life. I have been skiny since ever, but after I moved to the US I gained 10 pounds in a year (with NO change in my lifestyle, and I cook my own food). Must be something they put in the food here!!!

Also check this out:

Scientists have found out WHY Americans are more overweight than French (European).

In France 7% of population are overweight. In the United States 22% of the population are struggling with obesity. French with their croissants, cheeses and pates consume more fat than average Americans. So why the discrepancy? A study has been conducted by scientist at the Penn State University in Philadelphia and CNRS in Paris. The study was published in Psychological Science Magazine.

The study included 11 comparable restaurants, fast food restaurant chains and pizzerias in Paris and Philadelphia. The answer to the "French paradox" is very simple. Americans eat a lot more food than the French. In the U.S. the food portions are in average 25% larger in size, and 72% larger in Chinese restaurants. In Paris the average weight of a served meal was 277 grams, in Philadelphia 346 grams.

The situation is similar in supermarkets. In the United States food products are sold in bigger packages and bulk. Chocolate packages and bars are 40% heavier in the United States. Soft drinks are served in 50% larger cups. The size of hot dogs is 63% smaller in France. Even in American cook books you will find larger servings per individual than across the Atlantic.

Also, most urban Europeans don't own a car, and even though public transportation is, ahem, transportation, the walks to the bus stop or subway add up. Americans never walk anywhere.

I think the girls this time are so much prettier than the first season. (Prettiest from the first season: That redheaded girl who was 3rd. Prettiest from this season: Anique)
    Et in Arcadia Ego

Quote Originally Posted by Cindirella
    Tell me about it... Never seen so much obesity around me in my whole life. I have been skiny since ever, but after I moved to the US I gained 10 pounds in a year (with NO change in my lifestyle, and I cook my own food). Must be something they put in the food here!!!
    The free refills on softdrinks at restaurants aren't excatly helping me either. I also gained about 10 pounds when I came here, and I too cook my own food.

Quote Originally Posted by SpyRI
    Also, most urban Europeans don't own a car, and even though public transportation is, ahem, transportation, the walks to the bus stop or subway add up. Americans never walk anywhere.
    Also, if Americans say are shopping at a strip mall at a store in one end of the mall, they would most likely drive to get to a store at the other end, whereas Europeans would definitely walk.

Agreed on the fat Americans thing. It is cultural, I imagine.

And yet, more of the European girls smoke (hell, all of them, from my view). Smoking is an appetite supressant. Cat picks at her food that, as a French-Canadian, is not only a faux pas but a sin bordering on a turn-off.

Our strip malls are bloody huge though. I've never seen a power centre in Europe.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123