+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 10/27 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

I mentioned this on the recap thread, but did any one else catch David's misuse of the word uppity?
    Reality TV

1. America's Top Model: Eva
    2. The Apprentice: Andy
    3. Survivor: Julie

Quote Originally Posted by croftchrism
    I mentioned this on the recap thread, but did any one else catch David's misuse of the word uppity?
    David misused a lot of words last night. I find it quite charming. It's better than hearing the neanderthal-like mutterings from Evan Marriott.

Quote Originally Posted by croftchrism
    How did he misuse it? I thought he said that Olinda seemed uppity, but he found her attractive and wanted to give her a chance. Am I just stupid or did I miss something? Please explain...
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by oneTVslave
    How did he misuse it? I thought he said that Olinda seemed uppity, but he found her attractive and wanted to give her a chance. Am I just stupid or did I miss something? Please explain...
    He used the term "uppity" to mean outgoing, upbeat...hyper, if you will as opposed to snobbish.

Quote Originally Posted by funnygirl422
    He used the term "uppity" to mean outgoing, upbeat...hyper, if you will as opposed to snobbish.
    Huh. I guessI thought he meant he found her snobbish, but attractive enough to give her a chance. What do I know?

It's not like the guy is a genius, but he does seem to be nice. Certainly less skeezy than Evan Whats-His-Face. I think he has already blown his cover with the line about flying his horse overseas. Once people realize you are lying about one thing, they suspect you would lie about other things as well. How hard would it be to say you bought the horse in Italy? You are a millionaire, remember?
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oneTVslave
    Huh. I guessI thought he meant he found her snobbish, but attractive enough to give her a chance. What do I know?
    OTS, that's the way I had interpreted it as well.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

LG.
    he used "uppity" again in 10/28, in the same "I'm giving her a chance anyway" context, so I think David knows what it means. Which of course is high faluting
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Quote Originally Posted by LG.
    he used "uppity" again in 10/28, in the same "I'm giving her a chance anyway" context, so I think David knows what it means. Which of course is high faluting
    I thought that he used it as a complement again her, as in he was giving her a chance because she is uppity.... but you could be right, and I missed what he meant since I am going on the assupmtion of his low IQ now!!!
    Reality TV

1. America's Top Model: Eva
    2. The Apprentice: Andy
    3. Survivor: Julie

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345