+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Next Joe Millionaire Does Horrible Rating

Maybe many of the potential viewers remember the scam last year when the previews said that Joe would pick the final person, but in fact the show was complete fill, delaying the actual final another week. Many people on the boards vowed never to watch JM again.

Unlikely that had much effect.

One problem I see is the 8:00 pm (Eastern Time) time slot--this is pretty uncommon for a Reality TV show. Many people I know that planned to watch tuned in at 9:00 pm only to see that it was already over.

Finally, I think that the concept of this show makes it a bit unpleasant to watch. It is one thing to watch a show where people are trying to find love. It is quite another to watch a show built around a huge lie. It is the sort of train wreck you watch once because you can't believe that someone would actually do such a thing, but you don't have much desire to watch that train wreck again.

FORT Fan
    The ratings for episode 2 of "Next Joe Millionaire" are in, and the results aren't pretty. "Joe" lost literally half a ratings point from its debut last week. It premiered to a 4.6 rating last week and drew a 4.1 rating last night (10/27).

Fox can find some minimal comfort in the fact that rating actually increased from a 4.0 during the 8:00 half hour to an 4.2 for the 8:30 half hour. That is usually a good sign, because it means more people were watching it when it went off than when it started.

The real test will be Tuesday night, and how well "Joe" does on Tuesday. If the ratings are similar to Mondays, Fox may wish that November comes and goes quickly. No doubt network executives are counting the days until "American Idol 3" begins in January.

the problem with this show...

1. David Smith (this guy is a punk)

2. David Smith (this guy is a punk)

3. Paul Hogan (this guy is annoying)

4. Paul Hogan (this guy is more annoying than Chris Harrison)
    5. The "Allissia" chick --------------> disgusting

6. David and Co. apparently didn't rehearse his story beforehand, not to mention horses/airplanes issue

David is concerned about who he is gonna let go...why??? the show is a scam David....you are not looking for a wife....you are scamming some euro golddiggers man, get a clue and stop calling these broads maam...David all you have to do is eliminate the ugliest broads 1st then the ones with the bad attitudes next

Fox shoulda recruited a thug for JM2, that would have made great television

My day has turned night.. Atlantic's Avatar
    I've been thinking as why this Joe millionaire has bad ratings compared to the previous ones, or even to the Bachelor.....

Its because of honesty and love.

Watching the first Joe Millionaire, they tricked the women about the money, but it was unique and different. This time on the other hand, its just plain stupid, though I watch it and like it. But people want to see real romance and tears, not something fake. And unfortunatly Fox edits (more than other networks) their shows. Just compare Bachelor to Joe Millionaire. Bachelor is much better and more honest, though they still edit theirs to.

I think this is the last of the Joe Millionaire series..........
    "I am the darkness given form."
    Angel of Nights

"And I am choas reborn, let us see who is greater."
    The Endless Ocean

Quote Originally Posted by Atlantic
    I've been thinking as why this Joe millionaire has bad ratings compared to the previous ones, or even to the Bachelor.....

Its because of honesty and love.

Watching the first Joe Millionaire, they tricked the women about the money, but it was unique and different. This time on the other hand, its just plain stupid, though I watch it and like it. But people want to see real romance and tears, not something fake. And unfortunatly Fox edits (more than other networks) their shows. Just compare Bachelor to Joe Millionaire. Bachelor is much better and more honest, though they still edit theirs to.

I think this is the last of the Joe Millionaire series..........
    I agree that this will be the last JM. As for editing, while Fox is the master of editing, I have a feeling the current Bachelor editors served internships with Fox because this season's manipulations were worthy of Oliver Stone conspiracy theories. With JM, there were already so many lies either spoken by David or premised by Fox, the editors could have let the cameras run and aired the results. The show might have been more entertaining. The only thing I will miss about no more JM is that Paul will be unemployed.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

I agree that this will be the last JM.
    I hope you're right. As much as I enjoyed watching both series, I have this sneaking suspicion that we're gonna see a JM3 set in Central or South America. I hope I'm wrong on this one.

FORT Regular
    Both JM1 and JM2 were great reality shows, I don't understand the low JM2 ratings. 6 million for the debut, how did the finale do? JM1 had 40 million for the finale. Were women just tired of being portrayed as golddiggers all over the world, as if they really aren't? What percentage of viewers for each JM were female? With Europe and America hating each other these days wouldn't a Texan cowboy fooling Euros be ideal for ratings? Rupert Murdoch rules. Did Fox leak Sarah Kozer's bondage video and Parix Hilton sex tape? Great timing. JM1+2 was so much more fun than Bachelor and others with no twist like Big Brother.

Cat should have won, she was the best. Fox editing must have been much worse than usual because there was no way David was going to pick Linda based on what we saw. The whole thing must have been scripted, especially Linda's second return after Fox told her about the $250,000 and needing a happy ending, how much is the ranch worth?

One problem with JM2 is that David could barely string a sentence together and a mumbled one at that.

So the majority of the show was expecting to ride on the speaking skills of European women with english as a 2nd language.
    The only one that saved the show was Olinda.

If there is one thing average joe American's find a turn off, its subtitles.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. A lot of people were put off by the first show and that's probably one of the reasons they didn't watch the second. For example, the men in my office were shocked that Evan picked Zora over Sarah. They said that "no guy in his right mind would pick plain and boring Zora over hot Sarah". The producers went overboard in the making of "Saint" Zora and the "tarnishing" of Sarah. Plus who could forget that bait and switch at the end, where they led us to believe that the winner was going to be announced that week and then changed it to the next. I just think people were fed up and weren't going to fall for it again. Shame really, because personally I enjoyed the second Joe much more than the first.

Quote Originally Posted by NYGal
    Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. A lot of people were put off by the first show and that's probably one of the reasons they didn't watch the second. For example, the men in my office were shocked that Evan picked Zora over Sarah. They said that "no guy in his right mind would pick plain and boring Zora over hot Sarah". The producers went overboard in the making of "Saint" Zora and the "tarnishing" of Sarah. Plus who could forget that bait and switch at the end, where they led us to believe that the winner was going to be announced that week and then changed it to the next. I just think people were fed up and weren't going to fall for it again. Shame really, because personally I enjoyed the second Joe much more than the first.
    I think you hit the nail right on the head. No one watched this show from the very beginning, which to me means it wasn't so much a rejection of this particular program as much as a rejection of the concept of doing it a second time.

And I completely agree with you that JM2 was much more enjoyable than the original. David was so much more likeable than that doofus Evan. The girls were way hotter. The locale was better. And the ending, as scripted as it appeared to be, was much better. Having two episodes per week really helped, too, as it was easier to keep track of the girls and their personalties.

Shame, what a shame.
    Last edited by Captain America; 11-26-2003 at 11:52 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12