+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ignorant Comments from the Ladies of JM2

Ignorant Comments from the Ladies of JM2

During the first episode alone thie girls of JM2 had many ignorant comments about americans, texas, and cowboys. Their lines were almost as bad as some of Jessica Simpsons'. Some of my favorites included (not exact):

*We will live on a ranch and eat ranch dressing
    *What is a rodeo? It is a festival of horses
    *Texas is just filled with small towns where everyone knows each other.

If you would like to add your own or comment on these please feel free to do so.

Admittedly, there were some unintentionally funny lines that showed some of these women's ignorance of America.

However, how many of us could even say "we will live in a villa and eat Italian Dressing" in Italian? Or French? German?

Do you know what the Palio is? Hint: it is not a disease for which we now have an innoculation.

How often do you hear jokes about how European women don't shave (huge generalization that is totally wrong)?

I laughed when I heard these comments too, and then realized that they study and learn so much more about our country than our children will ever know about theirs.
    OK, off the soapbox now !

Quote Originally Posted by AIWANNABE
    During the first episode alone thie girls of JM2 had many ignorant comments about americans, texas, and cowboys. Their lines were almost as bad as some of Jessica Simpsons'. Some of my favorites included (not exact):

*We will live on a ranch and eat ranch dressing
    *What is a rodeo? It is a festival of horses
    *Texas is just filled with small towns where everyone knows each other.
    This is just an example of European cynical humor that makes fun of American arrogance and ignorance... The main point is to get on an equal level of dumbness of an avarage American when it comes to knowing other cultures.
    I use it sometimes to mess with my husband (who is American), and I am not.

On the other hand, noticing that a number of girls on this show appear to be really low class (trash, golddiggers - you name it) I wouldn't be surprised if some of them were really that stupid.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    They all seem arrogant and ignorant to me. I look forward to seeing them embarrass themselves all season and laughing at them.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Teeny
    Do you know what the Palio is? Hint: it is not a disease for which we now have an innoculation.
    Hi Teeny,

Palio is Italian for "horserace" ...the Italian version of the Kentucky derby? Or perhaps even loosely to "rodeo"? An Italian festival of horses if you will? LOL
    Last edited by Daddio; 10-22-2003 at 10:51 AM.

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    What has me perplexed is how Charlie's Angels relates to rodeo and cowboys?

Quote Originally Posted by ineedalife
    I think they cut her line short, she probably went on continuing to explain the connection. Very odd editing at that point I must say. Probably all these little "blurps" are more or less edited out of complete context, as usually in reality TV. These blurps are now what makes this show interesting to an American viewer.

The whole concept FOX is introducing this time around seems to me is 'A sweet innocent American guy battling his way through an army of European harpies and eventually winning their hearts. At that point these harpies will shed their scaly skins and turn into princesses made of sugar and spice. Happy End.'
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by ineedalife
    I thought that when trying to explain what a rodeo was to one of her fellow contestents she said "Didnt you see the Charlie's Angels movie?"

I didnt see either of the movies myself so I just assumed that one of the two Charlie's Angels movies had some sort of rodeo scene in it and that is what she was referencing.

Quote Originally Posted by BravoFan
    They all seem arrogant and ignorant to me. I look forward to seeing them embarrass themselves all season and laughing at them.
    That's exactly the impression I got of these women. I think Paul was a little stunned by their nightly drinking and carousing until all hours. You think they would have picked up on the notion that getting up at 7:30 a.m. for breakfast at 8:00 is something that is going to be a standard at this house.
    Also, the reaction when they are told about eliminations (in previews for next week) the way the women reacted to that news. It cracks me up that they think they have signed up for a vacation to live the life of the rich and glamorous for a month.

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddio
    I thought that when trying to explain what a rodeo was to one of her fellow contestents she said "Didnt you see the Charlie's Angels movie?"

I didnt see either of the movies myself so I just assumed that one of the two Charlie's Angels movies had some sort of rodeo scene in it and that is what she was referencing.
    Nope. I remain perplexed. Worth a good laugh anyway.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast