+ Reply to Thread

Thread: did anyone notice???

did anyone notice???

i don't know if it was just us or what - but, my husband and i just finished watching the first episode of jm2 and near the beginning when his mom is talking about him, we swear she says something like, "he's sweet and kind. EVAN will make some girl a good husband." we rewound it like 20 times and ... is it just us???
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by broken_pryncess
    i don't know if it was just us or what - but, my husband and i just finished watching the first episode of jm2 and near the beginning when his mom is talking about him, we swear she says something like, "he's sweet and kind. EVAN will make some girl a good husband." we rewound it like 20 times and ... is it just us???
    I didnt notice it but maybe she is saying "...and EVEN will make some girl a good husband" Maybe they think he is an underacheiver and are just using positive reinforcement statements aloud hoping even they will then believe them. LOL

Or maybe she was referencign JM I

i don't know... odd.
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

FORT Fan
    If your television is equipped with closed captioning, use that fuction to see what his parents were actually saying. Or you could watch the pilot episode again. Fox will re-air the episode on Saturday at 8:00 p.m., if there is no game 6 of the World Series.

we don't have closed captioning - we've got the episode taped and have watched that part over and over - it really sounds like she calls him "evan". ???

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by broken_pryncess
    we don't have closed captioning - we've got the episode taped and have watched that part over and over - it really sounds like she calls him "evan". ???
    Hmmmmmm....

OK, here is a thought (warning: conspiracy theory ahead as well as a possible spoiler).

David is actually a twin and his brother is named Evan. Mom was saying that she felt that "Evan" would make someone a wonderful husband and FOX either mistakingly forgot to edit this out or they didnt think anyone would be as sharp as broken pryncess and catch it.

BECAUSE; the surprise "twist" on Joe Mill 2 will turn out to be that David is actually just acting as a doppelganger and will in reality be screening the women for a bride for his twin Evan.

It will also be disclosed - in another surprise "twist" - that David does actually only make $11,000.00 a year and lives in a trailer on his parents estate.

However, "Evan" - the more cerebral of the twins - received an MBA and is actually slated to take over the family's oil business once daddy retires and is worth over 100 Million already.

All of these twists and turns will be lost in the translation however, when Hostess Samantha attempts to explain them to the Eurogals and hilarity and follie will ensue.

Viewers will actually see smoke rising from the ladies big hair as their sleep deprived and liquor and nicotine soaked brains short circuit as they attempt to asborb all of this infomation.

In the final surprise "twist" Evan will propose to Hostess Amanda. Who actually turns out to be his first cousin. They will walk down the aisle to the strains of "Dueling Banjos" thus providing a fitting end to a fitting show.
    Last edited by Daddio; 10-24-2003 at 02:10 PM.

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddio
    Viewers will actually see smoke rising from the ladies big hair as their sleep deprived and liquor and nicotine soaked brains short circuit as they attempt to asborb all of this infomation.
    Sort of like a fem-bot?

+ Reply to Thread