+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Disturbing?

  1. #1
    Bigfoot love DWTS! RickiRick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    333

    Disturbing?

    The entire concept of designing a show around a serious lie designed to mess with people's deepest emotions and ambitions for the sole purpose of entertaining an audience disturbs me.

    Makes me feel dirty to watch it.

  2. #2
    RESIDENT JEDI MASTER Stargazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    On a Rocky Mountain High
    Age
    38
    Posts
    11,928
    Then don't
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

    "I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

  3. #3
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    1,116
    Quote Originally Posted by RickiRick
    The entire concept of designing a show around a serious lie designed to mess with people's deepest emotions and ambitions for the sole purpose of entertaining an audience disturbs me. Makes me feel dirty to watch it.
    Try not to let it bother you RR. If you think about it, any "fictional" story is a lie and a sad movie for instance in a lie desinged to tug at heart strings of the audience. The only difference between that and a show like Joe Mill is that its the charecters who are being deceived and not the audience.

    But any this case, if you saw the first episode of Joe Mill 2 it would be hard to have any sympathy for most of these women anyway. They all made sour, disappointed faces when they heard that their "Prince Charming" was a cowboy. They didnt perk-up until they heard he was worth 80 million. Then they were all smiles and woo-hoos and ride-em cowboys.

  4. #4
    Fort Freak! funnygirl422's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Age
    48
    Posts
    2,591
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddio
    But any this case, if you saw the first episode of Joe Mill 2 it would be hard to have any sympathy for most of these women anyway. They all made sour, disappointed faces when they heard that their "Prince Charming" was a cowboy. They didnt perk-up until they heard he was worth 80 million. Then they were all smiles and woo-hoos and ride-em cowboys.
    I agree with you here Daddio. I didn't see one of these girls that was interested in David until the $$ was mentioned. They all deserve this and I hope they realize how greedy and self-centered they are when it is all said and done.

  5. #5
    FORT scientist astrogirl_2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Nivå, Denmark
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,237
    Quote Originally Posted by funnygirl422
    I agree with you here Daddio. I didn't see one of these girls that was interested in David until the $$ was mentioned. They all deserve this and I hope they realize how greedy and self-centered they are when it is all said and done.
    I think David deserves what he gets, if you lie about how much money you have, how can you expect anyone to be honest with you? Actually, David seems like a sweet guy, but why would he go on television and lie to 14 strangers?

  6. #6
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    1,116
    Quote Originally Posted by astrogirl_2100
    Actually, David seems like a sweet guy, but why would he go on television and lie to 14 strangers?
    Fame, fortune (that's not daddy's), a chance to be a spokesmodel for Chaps Cologne, Stetson Cologne, maybe the next Marlboro Man, interest in a movie career, maybe he will break out a guitar and we will discover he sings too...

  7. #7
    In my own Reality Karkar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    The Lone Star State
    Age
    44
    Posts
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddio
    Fame, fortune (that's not daddy's), a chance to be a spokesmodel for Chaps Cologne, Stetson Cologne, maybe the next Marlboro Man, interest in a movie career, maybe he will break out a guitar and we will discover he sings too...

  8. #8
    Playin' Fair VectorWega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    407
    Quote Originally Posted by astrogirl_2100
    I think David deserves what he gets, if you lie about how much money you have, how can you expect anyone to be honest with you?

    Typical female response.

    It's good to see David takin' one for the team to expose women for the money grubbers they are. Good Work David!


  9. #9
    FORT scientist astrogirl_2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Nivå, Denmark
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,237
    Quote Originally Posted by VectorWega
    Typical female response.

    It's good to see David takin' one for the team to expose women for the money grubbers they are. Good Work David!

    I guess you're right, there are bad people of both sexes. Can we agree that both lying about money and caring if a guy has money or not is wrong?

  10. #10
    Bigfoot love DWTS! RickiRick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    333
    Quote Originally Posted by stargazer401
    Then don't
    Well, I can't argue with your suggestion. I'm just wondering if anyone else thought this show seemed more "over the line" than the usual Reality TV fare.

    I just keep imaging what it must be like to be a producer on site:

    David: Sir, I can't continue this lie any more! I want out!

    Producer: David, David, David, you signed this agreement with Fox TV, we've gone to a lot of trouble and expense to get these women here...

    David: But, Sir, it just isn't right to lie to all these women! They think that I am going to make their life into their dreams!

    Producer: David, remember that they all signed an agreement, so they don't have any right to expect anything you say to them is actually true. If they have dreams of a wonderful life with you, it is their fault for dreaming.

    David: Yes, Sir, but it seems so wrong. I didn't realize how hard this would be.

    Producer: Think of it as doing your patriotic duty to entertain the USA!

    David: Yes, Sir.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.