+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Did You Happen To Catch His........

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunnyoil
    [B]BELT BUCKLE ???
    It said: MSU
    Does that stand for "MOO State University"?
    Just wondering
    Maybe it stands for "My Secret Unwealthyness"

FORT Newbie
    I think it stands for Midwestern State University.....its in wichita falls, TX

Look out here I come!!!! jodimax's Avatar
    Or it could stand for Murray State University (In Kentucky)
    or Missouri State University

The possibilities are endless... but I think Daddio is probally right...

Quote Originally Posted by jodimax
    Or it could stand for Murray State University (In Kentucky)
    or Missouri State University

The possibilities are endless... but I think Daddio is probally right...
    Actually...it is probably from McNeese State University in Louisiana. On the rodeo circuit, usually the top performer at a rodeo in each event wins a buckle. I don't know if he ever attended McNeese State or not. But sometimes these cowboys receive scholarships to college...he might have gone to McNeese and then ended up at Wharton. They both have rodeo teams.

Just my two cents....I'll have to look at it in the next show. I missed it last night.

I read that he went to college on a "rodeo scholarship". I am frankly amazed that such a thing exists.
    Also, he hasn't graduated.

FORT Fogey
    Funny that so many people felt the initials on Joe's belt buckle represented a college.

Was it just me? David seemed like a great guy but not exactly college educated. LOL

I know, I know what you are thinking, if you were to quiz to 75% of college football or basketball players in Div I ball, they likely wouldn't be able to spell Cat if you spotted them the C and T.

Other than my joke - I would have guessed that the initials stood for some governing body or association on the rodeo circuit - and that they award belt buckles for rodeo victories, just like the various boxing and wresting associations award belts. WWF, WWA, WBA, WBF, WBI etc, etc, etc. All of those initials are displayed on the winners belts.

He did say he had won rodeo events before so it stands to reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    I read that he went to college on a "rodeo scholarship". I am frankly amazed that such a thing exists.
    Also, he hasn't graduated.
    That happens to a lot of guys that receive rodeo scholarships. They get going on the college circuit and then the pro circuit concurrently. Once they start winning the big money on the pro tour ($11,000 isn't the big money)...it becomes like an obsession to keep rodeoing...so they let college slip by.

Quote Originally Posted by Daddio
    Funny that so many people felt the initials on Joe's belt buckle represented a college.

Was it just me? David seemed like a great guy but not exactly college educated. LOL

I know, I know what you are thinking, if you were to quiz to 75% of college football or basketball players in Div I ball, they likely wouldn't be able to spell Cat if you spotted them the C and T.

Other than my joke - I would have guessed that the initials stood for some governing body or association on the rodeo circuit - and that they award belt buckles for rodeo victories, just like the various boxing and wresting associations award belts. WWF, WWA, WBA, WBF, WBI etc, etc, etc. All of those initials are displayed on the winners belts.

He did say he had won rodeo events before so it stands to reason.
    No I would say I'm 99.9% sure it came from a McNeese State University rodeo. But I'll check on it...

In the "David Smith" thread, I've specified which college David attended...

Quote Originally Posted by John
    In the "David Smith" thread, I've specified which college David attended...
    But I was referring to him going to McNeese State for a rodeo there and winning the buckle. He attended Wharton...but he could have won the McNeese State Rodeo on the college circuit.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast