+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Did You Happen To Catch His........

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Karkar
    But I was referring to him going to McNeese State for a rodeo there and winning the buckle. He attended Wharton...but he could have won the McNeese State Rodeo on the college circuit.
    Ahhh that makes sense, sort of a combo of both of our theories. Sorry I didnt catch that in your original post karkar.

In addition, I own sweatshirts from Notre Dame, Northwestern, and Northern Illinois University and a jacket from Illinois State University and I never attended any of those schools.

I also own a belt buckle that says the Rolling Stones and I was never in the band. LOL Well there was that one time Keith got so wasted he couldnt play and they pulled me out of the audience to play his guitar parts but I digress.

But seriously, maybe the belt buckle was a gift or rememberence from a departed family member or friend and he wears it as a tribute.

LG.
    or maybe he was losing his pants at the rodeo one day so another cowboy loaned it to him, and David forgot to return it and can't remember who that kind stranger was, but still wears his belt to this day . . .
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

That happens to a lot of guys that receive rodeo scholarships. They get going on the college circuit and then the pro circuit concurrently. Once they start winning the big money on the pro tour ($11,000 isn't the big money)...it becomes like an obsession to keep rodeoing...so they let college slip by.
    Yes, but I still don't understand the concept of a "rodeo scholarship." Are there colleges at which rodeos are like football? Like, they have a lassoing team? Would you get the scholarship to come rodeo for that school? I'm not trying to be snarky here, I have just never heard of such a thing and don't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Daddio
    But seriously, maybe the belt buckle was a gift or rememberence from a departed family member or friend and he wears it as a tribute.

I can tell you right now...no "real" rodeo cowboy would wear anyone else's buckle. They only wear the ones that they win. Trust me.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by LG.
    or maybe he was losing his pants at the rodeo one day so another cowboy loaned it to him, and David forgot to return it and can't remember who that kind stranger was, but still wears his belt to this day . . .
    Of course (daddio snaps his fingers). Leave it to LG to be the voice of reason. Bravo LG.

I think we all have aquired things that way over the years. Who doesnt have someone else's borrowed umbrella or swim trunks in their closet this very minute?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    Yes, but I still don't understand the concept of a "rodeo scholarship." Are there colleges at which rodeos are like football? Like, they have a lassoing team? Would you get the scholarship to come rodeo for that school? I'm not trying to be snarky here, I have just never heard of such a thing and don't understand.
    Yes, these colleges have rodeo teams. I believe it is pretty much the same as a football scholarship...4 years of eligibility and all that. They have rodeos at all of the schools, where they get points and then they have a College Rodeo Finals. It is big time.

Of course (daddio snaps his fingers). Leave it to LG to be the voice of reason. Bravo LG.

I think we all have aquired things that way over the years. Who doesnt have someone else's borrowed umbrella or swim trunks in their closet this very minute?
    Heck, I have borrowed underwear on RIGHT NOW!

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    Heck, I have borrowed underwear on RIGHT NOW!
    Yeah I meant to ask you when you planned to return them to me Lucy. No need to wash them first by the way. (oh that was bad!)

Yeah I meant to ask you when you planned to return them to me Lucy. No need to wash them first by the way. (oh that was bad!)

I thought if you didn't mind, I'd lend them out to some of the girls on JM. I got the impression some of them didn't have any...

Yes, these colleges have rodeo teams. I believe it is pretty much the same as a football scholarship...4 years of eligibility and all that. They have rodeos at all of the schools, where they get points and then they have a College Rodeo Finals. It is big time.
    Huh. I had never heard of that. Amazing. Is it easier to go on to the professional circuit if you do well on the college circuit? I guess it would be. Well, thanks, Karkar. You learn something new every day.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast