+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How did they pull it off?

How did they pull it off?

One thing that I have been wondering about is how they recruited and auditioned these girls. Obviously they could not do another JM in the States since nobody would fall for it, so Europe, OK. But I am still certain that the girls didn't know exactly what they were going into. Anybody can do a little online search and learn what the show is about regardless of where they live.

Since Europe is made of different countries, there isn't a common international media that would give a large spectrum of girls the same chance to apply... What did they do? Did they have assigned agencies pick out girls for the show on the streets of major EU cities or sumthing?
    Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Cindirella
    One thing that I have been wondering about is how they recruited and auditioned these girls. Obviously they could not do another JM in the States since nobody would fall for it, so Europe, OK. But I am still certain that the girls didn't know exactly what they were going into. Anybody can do a little online search and learn what the show is about regardless of where they live.

Since Europe is made of different countries, there isn't a common international media that would give a large spectrum of girls the same chance to apply... What did they do? Did they have assigned agencies pick out girls for the show on the streets of major EU cities or sumthing?
    Just curious.
    The new guy said that he had to tell his mom that he was on a show called European Dream Date or something stupid like that. So, that's probably what they told the girls the name of the show would be. You are also probably right that some were 'recruited'.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

FORT Fogey
    Like the first season of the show, they told a different name of what the show was, like Dream Date or something to that effect.

According to next week's TV Guide, they gave all of the potential girls lie-detector tests to see if they'd heard of the first JM.

I can just see that "who wants to marry my dad" guy showing up and administering the test!
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

We have to relaize people in other countries do not watch television as much as Americans. and if they do it is old reruns. alot of the the girls meation the show Dallas, just because we are watching Joe Millionaire the people in the Republic may see that show two or three years later. They may not like American TV.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by kesha74
    We have to relaize people in other countries do not watch television as much as Americans. and if they do it is old reruns. alot of the the girls meation the show Dallas, just because we are watching Joe Millionaire the people in the Republic may see that show two or three years later. They may not like American TV.
    FACT: The girls in the Czech Republic did not know they were going to be on Joe Millionaire nor did they know what JM was... this much I know.

Quote Originally Posted by kesha74

American channels do not broadcast in European Cable channels. Also, some channels buy only so called quality programming (having usually won awards) and I can assure you that Joe Millionaire would not qualify I do not find it impossible at all that the girls have not heard about Joe Millionaire. All that Dallas talk was probably more of a funny stereotype picture that bonded them all together, just something fun to talk about that everyone knew something about.
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

I think i heard somewhere that the presumed show was going to be called "Looking for Love" which i think was the same title that they used in "For Love or Money".

Yeah, in Europe their still watching 1989 episodes of the bold and the beautiful so I don't think they saw JM lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast