+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 10/20 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    Beats me. My impression is that he didn't really think this through. Obviously he knows nothing about European women going into it. Or Europe itself, for that matter.
    I think Fox is paying him SOMETHING to be on this show, and for an $11,000-a-year rodeo cowboy, that would be incentive enough.
    Evan Mariott got 500 grand out of being Joe. Maybe that's the incentive. But it just doesn't jibe. David does seem like a nice guy, not a playa. Unless he's a really good actor. Intercultural dating is different than dating someone from the same background. Your partner will question you on everything you take for granted and vice versa. You learn a lot, but is David the type who would enjoy something like that?

Quote Originally Posted by astrogirl_2100
    Evan Mariott got 500 grand out of being Joe. Maybe that's the incentive. But it just doesn't jibe. David does seem like a nice guy, not a playa. Unless he's a really good actor. Intercultural dating is different than dating someone from the same background. Your partner will question you on everything you take for granted and vice versa. You learn a lot, but is David the type who would enjoy something like that?
    My impression so far is: no. I wouldn't think he'd like that at all. David could be a lot more open-minded than I'm giving him credit for, but based on my own experiences with southern good-ol-boys, and again judging David solely on the hour-minus-commercials that we've seen of him, I would think he wants a girl who'll cook the dishes his mama cooks and go to church on Sundays and be a little wild in bed but not too kinky, and who'll do the laundry and clean the house and raise the kids. So far I haven't seen any hint that David is anything other than the aw-shucks boy we've seen so far. I think he'd have trouble finding common ground with a girl from north of the Mason Dixon line, much less Europe.
    Then again, most southern men I know would have trouble, at age 24, letting Daddy pay their upkeep and rodeo fees. So maybe money really is a strong incentive for him. I read he didn't know it was Joe Millionaire he was going to play until after he was chosen.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    Poo on baseball! (which IMO is the world's slowest game
    You obviously haven't seen televised golf, which is akin to watching grass grow.
    Or bowling.
    Or darts.
    Or curling.
    Or the newest Olympic "sport" ... playing bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality
    Did anyone notice how they all took their purses with them when they went out front to meet David?
    Looked like a line-up at a legal brothel in Nevada ... not that I would know, mind you ...

Hey if things don't work out with these European girls, we could hook him up with Christine (the virgin) from the Bachelor. Bob got rid of her the first night. She seemed pretty sweet and innocent. Oh and in her bio - she likes to ride horsies too.

don't forget that watching a conservative country boy chase around with a bunch of euro girls is inherently intersting b/c there built in conflict. i don't think there's anything more to it than that.

I love the premise of this version of Joe Millionaire.

Coupla things:
    The culture clash will be great indeed - and hopefully, both David and maybe some of these women will show us how wrong stereotypes can be. David was enthusiastically *trying* to learn how to say "hello" and "How are you" in various languages. He seems to have an open mind about things that are different than what he knows. Of course he'll seek solace and reassurance in the familiar (aka, his horse when he rode up to the women and immediately became shy/awkward) - but I am betting and hoping that he'll allow himself to embrace(!) that which is unfamiliar. Like self-assured European women. As an American woman who has spent time travelling solo and meeting/hanging out with European women, I find that they are a blast - love to have fun, are confident, bold and super direct.

Tereza is my favorite so far - she's the one who talked about passion being more important than the money, or the fact that he is a cowboy.

Lastly, reality TV shows don't typically take off on the first episode - it takes time to build and audience and create the addiction that we here on FORT are oh-so-familiar with!

we didn't get to watch this monday night, but we taped it. just finished watching it and it was horrific. this guy actually makes evan look like a scholar. and i don't even know where to begin with this bunch of girls... trash is the only word that comes to mind. i've never seen that many stupid people all in one room.
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

Quote Originally Posted by Teeny
    Tereza is my favorite so far - she's the one who talked about passion being more important than the money, or the fact that he is a cowboy.
    I liked her too. Especially her comment "The guys I usually date are artistic loosers. But I loved every single one of them." I think that was meant to be slightly sarcastic and making fun of her own lovelife, yet admitting that's just who she is.
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality
    Did anyone notice how they all took their purses with them when they went out front to meet David? Smoking at the table? That is something you wouldn't see in the good ole USA. And some of their clothes looked like something I'd be cleaning the house in. EEWWW
    I did notice that! I thought to myself, geez, they're ready to go shopping and partying already!

+ Reply to Thread