+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 10/20 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by astrogirl_2100
    What excatly is wrong with having sex?? Someone explain this to me, please.
    Absolutely nothing. I would suggest that everyone do it as often as they possibly can.

Fox apparently none too happy with the initial ratings of JM2. The network came in fifth last night, behind the WB network. I could tell by looking at the spoiler thread that not many people were watching it. Could be a short-lived show!

LG.
    Nah, Fox won't cut it off early. Fox doesn't do that to its reality tv shows, unlike some networks *hisssssss, ABC and The Mole 2, CBS and the long-delayed TAR 4, hisssssss* Fox might move it around a bit but I'm pretty sure it will air. They just won't add any of the "fluff" reunion and recap shows that they might have added if the show was a big hit to drag the finale out to November sweeps. As it is, it will die a slow death on Fox and then never to be seen again, like so many Love Cruises and Mr. Personalities before it.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Quote Originally Posted by Daddio
    Absolutely nothing. I would suggest that everyone do it as often as they possibly can.
    If they protect themselves and all parties are consenting adults I really don't see what's wrong with it. But I know that some poeple think sex outside marriage is wrong, and I just don't understand why. I really don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Norm601
    Fox apparently none too happy with the initial ratings of JM2. The network came in fifth last night, behind the WB network. I could tell by looking at the spoiler thread that not many people were watching it. Could be a short-lived show!
    It rather disappoints me that more people aren't watching (and posting: what am I supposed to do with my time, work?! C'mon, people!). I found last night's episode highly entertaining, and the personalities of David and the girls made for a refreshing change from the bland people we're seeing over and over again on reality shows. I hope the ratings pick up.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm601
    Mondays are a tough night. You have tried and true sitcoms on CBS, Fear Factor on NBC, ethnic comedies on UPN and Seventh Heaven on WB (not to mention Antiques Roadshow on PBS).

So I dont think they would be too discouraged by the ratings. They certainly had to be going into it with the appropriate expectatio

FORT Fogey
    If they protect themselves and all parties are consenting adults I really don't see what's wrong with it. But I know that some poeple think sex outside marriage is wrong, and I just don't understand why. I really don't.
    You may recall that you and I were also in agreement on this issue in the "virgin" thread for Bachelor IV Astrogirl.

Sigh - Alas, it is just one of those issues - like religion and politics - that you will never get a concencus group opinion on. There are always going to be a gazzillion sides and opinions to the issue and everyone is going to feel strongly that their opinion is the most sound. And for them it is and I respect that.

So it is definately one of those "to each his own" subjects but also one with the most finger pointing and judging. Nothing anyone can do. Its been that way since the dawn of civilization when it comes to the subject of sex.

Quote Originally Posted by Daddio
    You may recall that you and I were also in agreement on this issue in the "virgin" thread for Bachelor IV Astrogirl.

Sigh - Alas, it is just one of those issues - like religion and politics - that you will never get a concencus group opinion on. There are always going to be a gazzillion sides and opinions to the issue and everyone is going to feel strongly that their opinion is the most sound. And for them it is and I respect that.

So it is definately one of those "to each his own" subjects but also one with the most finger pointing and judging. Nothing anyone can do. Its been that way since the dawn of civilization when it comes to the subject of sex.
    This is all true. But judging from what David said last night about wanting a nice girl, and making all sorts of assumptions based on him being a southern boy, I expect that he has definite opinions regarding the promiscuity (or whatever) of girls he dates. Judging solely on what I've seen of him so far, it's my guess that he would react negatively to a girl who had slept with many men.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    This is all true. But judging from what David said last night about wanting a nice girl, and making all sorts of assumptions based on him being a southern boy, I expect that he has definite opinions regarding the promiscuity (or whatever) of girls he dates. Judging solely on what I've seen of him so far, it's my guess that he would react negatively to a girl who had slept with many men.
    So why did he think going to Europe to find a girl was a good idea? I know this is a stereotype, but I think it is a lot easier to find a "puritanical" girl in the states than in Europe. You can find a lot of nice girls in Europe, yes, but they will be European

So why did he think going to Europe to find a girl was a good idea? I know this is a stereotype, but I think it is a lot easier to find a "puritanical" girl in the states than in Europe. You can find a lot of nice girls in Europe, yes, but they will be European
    Beats me. My impression is that he didn't really think this through. Obviously he knows nothing about European women going into it. Or Europe itself, for that matter.
    I think Fox is paying him SOMETHING to be on this show, and for an $11,000-a-year rodeo cowboy, that would be incentive enough.

+ Reply to Thread