+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 10/20 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by RickiRick
    The previews implied that the the women were not yet aware that they will be sequentially eliminated and asked to leave the mansion. They apparently go into some sort of panic when they realize they are not friends, but competitors.

Perhaps they were selected not only because they are unfamiliar with Joe Millionaire, but also completely unfamiliar with Reality TV in general.
    I noticed that too. They seem very upset by it. But surely they knew they would be competing against each other in some way -- I mean, only one of them could get the guy, whether the others are eliminated one by one or all at once at the end.

On Hiatus
    No argument here... those women are nasty... seems like Fox wants American women to feel superior to Europeans. I hope they don't get this show in Europe, cause these women make Europeans look real bad (much worse than they are in reality I'm sure)
    This brings up something I was thinking about the other day. In a day and age where America comes under intense fire because of our love of money and corporate leanings, isn't it sort of tacky to do this show on women who potentially might be from areas where this idea is prominent?

And then after I saw how stupid they are making them look, I then got really uneasy watching the whole debacle. I'll probably keep watching just because I'm bored and have no life, but if it doesn't stop bugging me like this, I might give it up.
    "Ashleigh": I just think it's sleazy. It's dirty.
    Matt: Welcome to television!
    -The Joe Schmo Show

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by ineedalife
    I loved the one girl with the "Cowgirl" shirt! That was great! Thanks for reminding me about that clip.....
    Not to sound like a consipiracy theorist (ok TO sound like a conspiracy theorist since I often do)...this girls having a "CowGirl" t-shirt at the ready somehow rubbed me the wrong way.

What are the odds that of all of the t-shirts that a European woman would pack - when she already knows that there will be some degree of luggage limitations - would be a "CowGirl" shirt when - ta da- they suddenly find out that the show just happens to be about a CowBoy.

I could see her having a NYPD NYFD or I Love LA or a Hard Rock Cafe or Harley Davidson or some other of the thousands of American Icon touristy type of t-shirt. But for her to "just happen" to have a "CowGirl" shirt just seemed too much of a coincidence for me.

Perhaps not all of these women are as in the dark as we are being led to believe.
    Last edited by Daddio; 10-21-2003 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by YCan'tAngieRead
    This brings up something I was thinking about the other day. In a day and age where America comes under intense fire because of our love of money and corporate leanings, isn't it sort of tacky to do this show on women who potentially might be from areas where this idea is prominent?
    I don't find it tacky. I'm proud of our "love of money and corporate leanings."

In America, you are what you make of yourself. Your "birth" does not matter.
    And our corporate leanings, commitment to capitalism and respect for property
    rights are responsible for most of the advances in technology, science, health care,
    etc. in the world.

I'm proud that David is our ambassador to these girls. Perhaps a sweet
    (if not too intellectually gifted) cowboy can teach them that any honest
    work, no matter how humble, is worthy of respect.

I just wish the boy didn't do bronco busting. It's the one rodeo sport
    that I can't abide. I know they say it doesn't hurt the horse, but I
    can't stand to see the hysterical horses that miraculously calm down once
    they take off the belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Daddio
    What are the odds that of all of the t-shirts that a European woman would pack - when she already knows that there will be some degree of luggage limitations - would be a "CowGirl" shirt when - ta da- they suddenly find out that the show just happens to be about a CowBoy.
    Okay, Daddio I feel the need to talk you off of this ledge...the shirt she was wearing can be found at any K-Mart, Target, Wal-Mart, etc. around the world. I'm thinking it was a coincidence and boy did she luck out. She was the first one to call him a "freak" when she found out he was a cowboy. I hope she's one of the first to go because she rubbed me the wrong way, but she's good for a few laughs and quotes.
    Last edited by cali; 10-21-2003 at 07:37 PM. Reason: to fix quote tags

On Hiatus
    In America, you are what you make of yourself. Your "birth" does not matter.
    Eeeeeyeaaah...I'd argue with you on this one, but it'd be off topic. So I won't.
    "Ashleigh": I just think it's sleazy. It's dirty.
    Matt: Welcome to television!
    -The Joe Schmo Show

FORT Fogey
    [ QUOTE] Okay, Daddio I feel the need to talk you off of this ledge...the shirt she was wearing can be found at any K-Mart, Target, Wal-Mart, etc. around the world. I'm thinking it was a coincidence and boy did she luck out. [/QUOTE]

OK, FG I will give you that. I guess it could be just an extemely uncanny coincidence.

But if it turns out that next season Joe III turns out to be a farmer and one of the girls shows up with a "Plow me with your John Deer" t-shirt then we are gonna have a serious sit down you and I. LOL

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    I can't believe I missed the first episode for a horribly lame MNF game. Augh. Must tune in tonight and get caught up - everyone's posts have me hooked already.

And Bill, I think you're right about the producers "stacking the house" this time - totally makes sense.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayner
    And Bill, I think you're right about the producers "stacking the house" this time - totally makes sense.
    Speaking of "Stacking" the house - did any of you other guys besides me (and any sexually open mided ladies too) thoroughly enjoy the many, many, many gratuitous shots we were treated to early in the show?

We were treated to the ladies in the pool...getting out of the pool... getting back into the pool...getting back out of the pool...having trouble getting out of the pool and having to linger on the side of the pool while the camera zoomed in on their backside...bending over in tank tops while they unpacked their suitcases....and bent over and upacked their suite cases...and bent over and unpacked their suitecases...

Quote Originally Posted by Daddio
    We were treated to the ladies in the pool...getting out of the pool... getting back into the pool...getting back out of the pool...having trouble getting out of the pool and having to linger on the side of the pool while the camera zoomed in on their backside...bending over in tank tops while they unpacked their suitcases....and bent over and upacked their suite cases...and bent over and unpacked their suitecases...
    First of all Daddio, you're quote earlier about John Deere had me on the floor dude!

Secondly, yeah, I noticed and I am happy to announce not too much silicone in this bunch as far as I can tell. My question is about coverage of a different kind. Why do girls get the "boy shorts" bottoms for their bathing suit and then proceed to wear them like a thong? I'm sure some of you guys were "shifting uncomfortably" last night toward the end of the show, but it wasn't for the same reason I was.

+ Reply to Thread