+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 101

Thread: 10/20 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

  1. #91
    Under Investigation Tirlittan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2,092
    Taking your purse was a funny observation, I would have never caught that. I take my purse everywhere, I have noticed that Americans do not carry it with them, but well, I am not one, so I tend to do what I am used to do and it makes me very uneasy if I don't have it with me. It is interesting what people see watching this show, it really brings out the differences between cultures.
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

  2. #92
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Overland Park, KS
    Age
    73
    Posts
    2
    European women who speak English this well, with the jobs they have, have a lot of international experience and are much, much more sophisticated than he is in any type of social situation. He hasn't travelled much and probably hasn't experienced the many different types of cultural experices these women bring to the table. So, with the social, socio-economic, and cultural differences, I feel sorry for him. He's waaaaay in over his head!

  3. #93
    FORT Newbie Gaia23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by astrogirl_2100
    I liked these girl a lot. Americans: this is what nothern european girls act like when they go south on vacation. It's a tradition. Sort of like spring break. I never did it, but I know girls who did it, and they are not bad people by any means. They're just there to have fun. And I wouldn't call in promiscuity. What excatly is wrong with having sex?? Someone explain this to me, please.
    Sorry! Did not mean to mean 'cheap' in any way but just that it's a different mindset and I was trying to explain it in language Americans would understand. Germany has Big Brother contestants having sex on T.V. and the U.S. barely has kisses. The european show tries to promote sex in the house whereas the American show brings in the ex-es!

  4. #94
    MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    2,909
    Quote Originally Posted by Teeny
    The culture clash will be great indeed - and hopefully, both David and maybe some of these women will show us how wrong stereotypes can be.
    JM2, a lesson in world peace. Kind of gives you the warm and fuzzies...

  5. #95
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    1,116
    Quote Originally Posted by ineedalife
    JM2, a lesson in world peace. Kind of gives you the warm and fuzzies...
    Or world "piece" as the case may be.

  6. #96
    FORT Fogey aname's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,320
    Quote Originally Posted by KJC 13
    I'm sorry, but I think he is way too sweet for these women. They are gonna eat him up and spit him out. (And not the good kind either)
    I absolutely agree! He is way too sweet and unassuming, he is also much less sophisticated and worldly than these women. He is in TROUBLE!!

    I hear his daddy is actually an oilman and rich. Is this true or supposition? Will he inherit or get a trust at a certain age? What is true and what are lies? Very interesting.

    Actually, I think he is a cutie - respectful and kind of shy, with a gorgeous body (face is okay too). However, he is still very young and probably not ready for anything serious. This will be quite an experience for him. American girls will seem tame and after these babes.

  7. #97
    FORT Fan Spad1918's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    319
    So far from what i saw on the premirere episode, this is going ot be one entertaining show. The guy's a good natured rube who's just trying to make it (both financially and socially-if you know what I mean). Most of the woman are trash talking low class golddiggers, but aside from the Italians, who I thought were a bit ruff in the face for the most part, were incredibly beautiful women. I remember a scene of Johanna that showed off how ample she was. Aside form that my early faves are the ones with the loser artsy bf's, the czech model who has to see the their faces to feel a connection, the ones form the netherlands, and the more quieter Swedish chick, you know the one who said that Texas has many small villages and later on she said that she both admired and found it funny that he was a rich cowboy.

  8. #98
    FORT scientist astrogirl_2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Nivå, Denmark
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,237
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaia23
    Sorry! Did not mean to mean 'cheap' in any way but just that it's a different mindset and I was trying to explain it in language Americans would understand. Germany has Big Brother contestants having sex on T.V. and the U.S. barely has kisses. The european show tries to promote sex in the house whereas the American show brings in the ex-es!
    You're right about the BB things, there was no sex in the 1st and 2nd Danish Big Bother, and the producers were really desperate and sent in more and more alchohol, but nothing happened I think the Belgians are the ones that are really crazy, with sex on BB i mean. I remember hearing something about 4 couples having sex on the same night on the Belgian BB, and they couldn't air that episode on primetime (you can't show porn in primetime, only really late at night). Anyway, I still think that the girls on Joe Millionaire are just there to have a good time, like they normally would on a vacation (drinking at night, sunbathing at day). I liked that there were no theatrics when they saw the house (as in Melissa yelling "Oh my God, it's a castle"). I haven't seen anyone in this group who are as shallow as Melissa and Heidi from JM 1.

  9. #99
    FORT Newbie Gaia23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by astrogirl_2100
    You're right about the BB things, there was no sex in the 1st and 2nd Danish Big Bother, and the producers were really desperate and sent in more and more alchohol, but nothing happened I think the Belgians are the ones that are really crazy, with sex on BB i mean. I remember hearing something about 4 couples having sex on the same night on the Belgian BB, and they couldn't air that episode on primetime (you can't show porn in primetime, only really late at night). Anyway, I still think that the girls on Joe Millionaire are just there to have a good time, like they normally would on a vacation (drinking at night, sunbathing at day). I liked that there were no theatrics when they saw the house (as in Melissa yelling "Oh my God, it's a castle"). I haven't seen anyone in this group who are as shallow as Melissa and Heidi from JM 1.
    I totally agree! They don't have as many reality T.V. dating shows in Europe so these girls don't know how to 'act'. There are so many U.S. shows like this one that everyone appearing on them knows how they are supposed to conduct themselves, okay I lie, there are a few scary exceptions like Lee-Ann on the current Bachelor. These girls are out to have a good time, hence drinking the house out of champagne. They have no concerns about getting drunk and making idiots out of themselves.

  10. #100
    Sillius Maternalus SillyMamma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    181
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddio
    Or world "piece" as the case may be.
    Thanks for the giggle!

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.