+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TV Guide asks: Is "Joe" Really a Millionaire?

TV Guide asks: Is "Joe" Really a Millionaire?

There's an interesting article in next week's TV Guide printed magazine. Apparently, David Smith's father really IS rich from oil, and David himself admits that because of that, he's never really had to work because his dad takes care of him.

Apparently, the jewelry is worth more, and the women are taken on "nationality dates", which are themed around the home country of each girl.

That is very interesting. So, I wonder if TV guide ruined a "final" twist? Maybe they were going to reveal to the girls that he really is a millionaire after they choose.
    If not, what is it with FOX not being able to find real poor guys? The last one went to private school for gods sake.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    Very interesting! It could explain why he is able to survive on $11000 per year! I missed the first part of last night's show....did they show David eating Bic Macs and sleeping on a sofa like Evan? Unless they showed proof of his standard of living last night, well.....

Quote Originally Posted by ineedalife
    Very interesting! It could explain why he is able to survive on $11000 per year! I missed the first part of last night's show....did they show David eating Bic Macs and sleeping on a sofa like Evan? Unless they showed proof of his standard of living last night, well.....
    No Big Macs or sofa for this boy. He's all about sleeping in the bed of his truck. Probably because of all the traveling he does for the rodeo, but he does have a dog and his parents take care of it while he's gone. I wonder if the parents would take care of his wife too? Also, when David's mom said that he would make some lucky girl a wonderful husband? I just couldn't help but wonder in what capacity.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    There's an interesting article in next week's TV Guide printed magazine. Apparently, David Smith's father really IS rich from oil, and David himself admits that because of that, he's never really had to work because his dad takes care of him.
    Maybe this season the joke(lie) is on us the viewer. Samantha did talk about trust funds that David was to receive after they/he reached maturity or something to that affect.

Perhaps she was speaking the truth and this seasons "Twist" is that Joe really is rich.

FOX would love that as it would save them from having to present any prize money at the end of the show as he would already be loaded. And this time the girl would have to stick with him to get any of it since its his.

Quote Originally Posted by funnygirl422
    No Big Macs or sofa for this boy. He's all about sleeping in the bed of his truck. Probably because of all the traveling he does for the rodeo, but he does have a dog and his parents take care of it while he's gone. I wonder if the parents would take care of his wife too? Also, when David's mom said that he would make some lucky girl a wonderful husband? I just couldn't help but wonder in what capacity.

I would just go to all the rodeos with him. Lots of wives, even with kids do that. Atleast until the kid becomes school age. Oh, I would have to bring my dog too.

Quote Originally Posted by DressageRider
    I would just go to all the rodeos with him. Lots of wives, even with kids do that. Atleast until the kid becomes school age. Oh, I would have to bring my dog too.
    Yeah, but then you would considered a "buckle bunny" and he's not really into those as he told us last night. Granted, the couple they showed on last night's ep were NOTHING like the 14 awaiting him at the mansion.

Quote Originally Posted by funnygirl422
    Yeah, but then you would considered a "buckle bunny" and he's not really into those as he told us last night. Granted, the couple they showed on last night's ep were NOTHING like the 14 awaiting him at the mansion.
    I don't think you would be considered a "buckle bunny" if you were just following a man you were already dating. I think the "buckle bunnies" are women who go to the rodeos looking to pick up cowboys there.

BTW, I have been to a couple of small-scale rodeos (NOT as a buckle bunny, thank you!) where they rode bulls instead of horses, but the funniest thing was that during intermission they had this thing called "mutton-busting" where little kids put on a football helmet and clung to the back of a sheep (the sheep was running around) till they fell off. The one who hung on longest won. I would never let my child do that, if I had one, but it was still pretty funny to watch. Did you know sheep can jump? I didn't.
    Last edited by Lucy; 10-21-2003 at 01:36 PM.

FORT Fogey
    On a completely separate and personal note - I think rodeos are cruelty to animals and should be outlawed. Especially the things like calf-roping, bull tackling (or whatever it is called when they jump off of their horses and grab the bulls by the horns and twist their necks until they fall), bronc riding and bull riding.

Whenever I see a rodeo guy getting bounced around or gored by a bull I say "serves him right".

Now back to your regulary scheduled discussion of Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Daddio
    On a completely separate and personal note - I think rodeos are cruelty to animals and should be outlawed. Especially the things like calf-roping, bull tackling (or whatever it is called when they jump off of their horses and grab the bulls by the horns and twist their necks until they fall), bronc riding and bull riding.

Whenever I see a rodeo guy getting bounced around or gored by a bull I say "serves him right".

Now back to your regulary scheduled discussion of Joe.
    Agreed, Daddio. Eventually rodeos will probably go the way of bear-baiting; once a popular "sport", now fallen into oblivion because of its cruelty.
    NOW back to JM....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast