+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TV Guide asks: Is "Joe" Really a Millionaire?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    Agreed, Daddio. Eventually rodeos will probably go the way of bear-baiting; once a popular "sport", now fallen into oblivion because of its cruelty.
    NOW back to JM....
    Now are you guys are going to take away "cow tipping" too?
    Actually, rodeos will be around as long as there are cowboys. They are not being cruel to these animals. You have to look at it in a different perspective. In this case, David, our newest bachelor, is trying to "break" a horse so that is user friendly. Speaking of David, do you think he'll actually find true love with this group?

Quote Originally Posted by Daddio
    On a completely separate and personal note - I think rodeos are cruelty to animals and should be outlawed. Especially the things like calf-roping, bull tackling (or whatever it is called when they jump off of their horses and grab the bulls by the horns and twist their necks until they fall), bronc riding and bull riding.

Whenever I see a rodeo guy getting bounced around or gored by a bull I say "serves him right".

Now back to your regulary scheduled discussion of Joe.
    I live in a fairly rural area. We have LOTS of cowboys, cows, ranches etc. I am not a huge fan of rodeos, though I will say, I LOVE bull riding. Recently though, I did attend what is called a ranch rodeo. It works like this. There are teams that are made up of 4-6 cowboys. They usually all work at the same ranch. The events are then based on what a cowboy might actually have to do in the course of a days work. Catch a hurt calf and tend to it's injuries. Milk a mommy cow because a young calf can not nurse. Round up the heard and move them to another location. Anyhow I think you get the idea. What amazed me, is a lot of what you see in a regular rodeo, is what cowboys use in everyday work. They have to be able to rope that calf etc. So now I can see how rodeos got their start and where the various events come from. I don't agree with necessarily doing it just for the fun of it, but I don't think rodeos will be going away any time soon.

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    There's an interesting article in next week's TV Guide printed magazine. Apparently, David Smith's father really IS rich from oil, and David himself admits that because of that, he's never really had to work because his dad takes care of him.
    Also, didn't David reply when asked about whether or not he was ever married- that he had a girlfriiend and that she lived with his parents on their ranch. I dont know what exactly constitutes a ranch... but it sounds like a whole lot of land and pretty expensive to me.

Quote Originally Posted by QuinntheEskimo
    Also, didn't David reply when asked about whether or not he was ever married- that he had a girlfriiend and that she lived with his parents on their ranch. I dont know what exactly constitutes a ranch... but it sounds like a whole lot of land and pretty expensive to me.
    What kind of weird arrangement is that? "My girlfriend lives with my parents in their house on their ranch while I live in a trailer out back." WTF?

On a completely separate and personal note - I think rodeos are cruelty to animals and should be outlawed. Especially the things like calf-roping, bull tackling (or whatever it is called when they jump off of their horses and grab the bulls by the horns and twist their necks until they fall), bronc riding and bull riding.

Whenever I see a rodeo guy getting bounced around or gored by a bull I say "serves him right".

Now back to your regulary scheduled discussion of Joe.
    OK Ok...I do understand where you are coming from and I definitely don't want to get into a true debate about rodeos...but...

Most rodeo producers (the people who put on the rodeos) must take extraordinary care of their animals to actually have a good rodeo. Think about it...if the horse, cow, etc. weren't cared for they wouldn't "perform." If the animal can't perform...the success of the event to entertain spectators would be nil. Unless you are involved or actually attend rodeos most people have the same thoughts that you have. I'm not condemning those thoughts...to each his own. But I do know that all of the successful rodeos owe it all to the livestock.

Pssst...it is called steer wrestling...and I can promise you that the steers are not harmed in any way. They are bigger than the cowboy.

NOW back to your regulary scheduled discussion of Joe.

I believe Evan ate Whoppers not Big Macs. Often you can find Whoppers for the low low price of $1 which would explain how Evan was able to afford them.

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    Quote Originally Posted by VectorWega
    I believe Evan ate Whoppers not Big Macs. Often you can find Whoppers for the low low price of $1 which would explain how Evan was able to afford them.
    Yeah but you can buy Big Macs for $.99

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    Quote Originally Posted by Karkar
    Pssst...it is called steer wrestling...and I can promise you that the steers are not harmed in any way. They are bigger than the cowboy.

NOW back to your regulary scheduled discussion of Joe.
    Being a Texas girl myself and seeing one of the world's largest rodeos year after year, the only thing I've seen that looks like it hurts anybody is if the cowboys get the boot onto their booty or the poor little calves being pulled around by their tail by high school students. That has to hurt, but then again, the calves usually get the better end of the stick....

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Um maybe this discussion is better suited to Current Events . Back to how David survives on 11K . Oh I know, daddy is rich .

...bull tackling (or whatever it is called when they jump off of their horses and grab the bulls by the horns and twist their necks until they fall)...

The proper term is "steer wrestling".

"Bull tackling" ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12