+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The New Host, Samatha

The New Host, Samatha

I was watching Good Day Live today and they showed a clip of the show. There's a new host and her name Samatha. She looks just like Alex IMO. I just hope she has more than 1 minute per episode. So sad.

LG.

Only picture I could find of Samantha has her in the middle.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

I agree ... if they are going to have a host besides Paul, let her have more than a 3 second shot in each episode.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by SpyRI
    Samantha seems nice, but where did she come from? I can't tell if I've seen her before, or if it's just that she looks so much like Alex. And what happened to Alex McLeod?
    Alex probably went back to her old show on HGTV. Samantha appears to be much younger that Alex.

Alex was written out of much of last season's shows to make room for more footage of Paul the butler - who really stole the show.

Good news for Samantha is that this year they knew going in that Paul would get a lot of face time so they likely wrote around this and found a way to get her more than the requisite 2 minutes and episode that Alex wound up with last year.

Alex has no show to go back to. Paige Davis took her role.

Alex did a 2-episode test run of a travel show with Phil Koeghan, which was actually pretty good.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    Alex has no show to go back to. Paige Davis took her role.

Alex did a 2-episode test run of a travel show with Phil Koeghan, which was actually pretty good.
    Ah, thank you John. My bad - mucho appreciado.

Just out of curiosity, does anybody know, is Alex the first host/hostess of a Reality TV show to be replaced (whether it be because they quit or were fired) after the first season of a show?

I cannot recall any off of the top of my head but there are so many shows and so many hosts.

No, but we can only hope that Monica Lewinsky joins the ranks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumpkin
    No, but we can only hope that Monica Lewinsky joins the ranks.
    Hopefully, that entire show never comes back. Ew.
    I'll do graffiti if you sing to me in French

LG.
    Oh come on, dancing around with guys in colored masks and dragging them off to a dark room for some groping . . . Mr. Personality was, um, unique.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by LG.
    Oh come on, dancing around with guys in colored masks and dragging them off to a dark room for some groping . . . Mr. Personality was, um, unique.
    I would want to be the guy in the yellow mask...not only would the girl be hard pressed to vote off Tweety Bird, but I after being in the dark groping room I could say "I tawt I just taw a pussy...cat" and not have the sensors cut it from the show.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast