+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pictures of the Ladies - Alessia, Anique, Cat & Giada

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by ineedalife
    Still far better wages to most 3rd world countries. I hope they are able to define "rich" as they go along in this process.....
    Well, technically ineedalife, there are no "Third World" countries in Europe. There are a number of "Second World" countries - especially in Eastern Europe.

But "Third World" countries are pretty much only located on the Contients of Africa, Asia (including India and the surrounding nations), South and Central America, portions of the Middle East as well as a few scattered Island Nations.

But your point is still well taken.

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    Okay, thanks for the geography/sociology lesson..... I just have images of "Eastern European" countries in my head. Some of those women could form their own football league.

FORT Fogey
    Okay, thanks for the geography/sociology lesson..... I just have images of "Eastern European" countries in my head. Some of those women could form their own football league.
    Ah my pleasure and don't sweat it my friend. I only happen to know this stuff because I am a travel writer and need to know it for my job.

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    Quote Originally Posted by thais
    3rd world countries in Europe?!?! gees, what the hell are you guys talking about? Have you ever even been there, learned, read anything about it before making such comments?!? It's simply amazing. You guys just confirmed the opinion I had about the US... Do you realize that the way 80% of Americans live is way under the poverty level in France for instance. Actually, most of the US look like a 3rd country to Europeans, kingdom of uneducated trash of all ethnic backgrounds. Sorry guys, but that's exactly how it looks like.
    Don't get all fired up. It's just a figure of speech and in good fun-just like people automatically think everyone from Texas are uneducated cowboys (like this show will help). I do have personal experience having hosted some foreign exchange students from Germany and Slovakia; there are vast economical/cultural differences even within the same country just like the U.S. For example, East Germans are far different from West Germans. There are 2 girls we hosted and they were from remote village towns in East and south Germany; on the other hand, we also hosted a girl from West Germany and she was a party girl just like the show. The girl we had from Slovakia said that they would never dream of making even $6-7K per year in wages over there!

Moral of the story, we ALL should not fall victim to stereotypes.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by thais
    3rd world countries in Europe?!?! gees, what the hell are you guys talking about? Have you ever even been there, learned, read anything about it before making such comments?!? It's simply amazing. You guys just confirmed the opinion I had about the US... Do you realize that the way 80% of Americans live is way under the poverty level in France for instance. Actually, most of the US look like a 3rd country to Europeans, kingdom of uneducated trash of all ethnic backgrounds. Sorry guys, but that's exactly how it looks like.
    If you look closely Thais, you will see that I said that there were NOT third world countries in Europe - only second world countries - which their indeed are.

Ineedalife made a simple mistake, I corrected him and he thanked me for it. That is how we learn and help each other here in the arrogant and ignorant U.S.

Incidentally, where did you obtain the information in your educated and no doubt well researched comment that 80% of the U.S. lives below the poverty level of France?

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddio
    Ineedalife made a simple mistake, I corrected him and he thanked me for it. That is how we learn and help each other here in the arrogant and ignorant U.S.
    If you look back in my post, my reference to 3rd world country was with regard to "WAGES" and had nothing to do with race, ethnicity, etc. Fact is, there are some countries in Europe that have very poor economies and they are grateful to have a job. My heart goes out to them because I could not imagine feeling lucky enough to make a few thousand per year and work so hard.

Play nice, folks. Some of you are walking that fine line between healthy debate and member flaming.

There are 2 girls we hosted and they were from remote village towns in East and south Germany; on the other hand, we also hosted a girl from West Germany and she was a party girl just like the show. The girl we had from Slovakia said that they would never dream of making even $6-7K per year in wages over there!
    In most EU countries $18.000 ain't much...
    On your comment. Same as comparing a girl that comes from a small West Virgina farm and someone who lives in a 6 bedroom house in San Francisco.
    $6-7K per year working at a grocery store in a small village, I buy. Life expenses there are probably much lower, so is the standard of living. But you can find remote unattractive areas like that anywhere in the states. And they are usually a lot scarier...

Quote Originally Posted by Daddio
    Yeah, ole Joe would just have to offer them some chocolate bars, toilet paper, blue jeans and pantyhose and he'd be in like Flynn.

FORT Newbie
    If you look back in my post, my reference to 3rd world country was with regard to "WAGES" and had nothing to do with race, ethnicity, etc. Fact is, there are some countries in Europe that have very poor economies and they are grateful to have a job. My heart goes out to them because I could not imagine feeling lucky enough to make a few thousand per year and work so hard.
    Od daddio, who the hell is talking about races and ethnicities?!?! I'm very confused... btw, wages itself don't mean anyhing; the poverty treshold has to do with health care, social programs and lot of other factors that suck big time in the US and make the pure incoms look rather virtual

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast