+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Will Alex, the ""host"" be Back?

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by 13 times
    In the previews, it's this girl:who is explaining that David is worth millions... so I don't know, maybe she'll come close to a host?
    Maybe she is some sort of "mole" who they planted to pretend that she is "secretly" telling the girls that Joe is worth millions. This way, we and the insiders on the show can see how the girls change in their approach to Joe and the show in general - once they feel they have what they think is insider information and therefore a new and hidden agenda.

When you have a "host" or somebody tell the girls about his $$$ in an open forum, they know - that we know - that they know - he is worth millions. This gives them all the opportunity to cleverly talk about how Joe's money "doesnt matter" that they really "like him for him" and other such assorted phony baloney. retch, retch, retch.

If they instead think that they have some sort of "inside scoop" and think that no one else knows that they know, their actions and attitudes may take a much cattier and devious direction.

That would be a great twist to a show that already bases itself on twists and turns and deceit of the contestents.

Re: the host note, I agree that Alex was worthless. But she did have some great boots!
    Last edited by Daddio; 10-10-2003 at 04:06 PM.

LG.
    oooooooh, a mole, there was an episode of Meet My Folks last fall (with the Maloneys, how bad is it that I remember that?!?!?!) in which 9 girls were competing for Dan Maloney, and right after they met him they went to "their room" and dished about him, but one of the girls was actually a former girlfriend of Dan's and she reported back to the parents all of the things that the others had given as their first impressions. That was an interesting twist on MMF and could work here, but the woman who is speaking sounds "American" as in not European like the rest of the ladies. Hmmm.

Ponderous, real ponderous.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by LG.
    but the woman who is speaking sounds "American" as in not European like the rest of the ladies. Hmmm.Ponderous, real ponderous.
    In that photo she kind of looks a little like Xtina Aguilara looks since she died her hair black...maybe she is just offering advice on how to Pole Dance for Joe.

Seriously tho, maybe its a family member who "drops in" to pay a vist and then pretends to get loose lips after a few glasses of wine.

That would still be in keeping with my original hypothosis. Who better to spill the goods on the Millionaire in private to the ladies better than a sister, cousin, etc.

If Paul is going to indeed be the host, I doubt that they would send an American all the way over to Europe to simply spill the beans on Joe's pile of beans and then leave unless there was more behind it.

We all have great ideas dont we? We should petition a network to let the members of FORT pen a new series.
    Last edited by Daddio; 10-10-2003 at 05:37 PM.

She not only sounds American, but with that voice, she could be Christa's sister (from Survivor). She's got kind of a dopey-voice going on.

FORT Fan
    Hi,

I saw her in "Inside Edition" on Thursday. She was introduced as the co-host.

Her name is Samantha.

I am guessing her role will probably be similar to Monica Lewinsky in Mr. Personality??

why the heck do they feel they need a co host? Rally, not a rhetorical question, I really want to know.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Maybe they think the girls will open up better to another woman than to Paul? Or maybe she is to be their pal like Paul is the bachelor's pal?
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I'm interested to know what Alex did ... what were her responsibilities?? It looks like she got a free vacation for less than 5 minutes of work a week, so she had to be there for other reasons. Perhaps a counselor, chaperone (why, I don't know), ... ?
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

I was upset Alex didn't get more time on screen. I loved her when she hosted Trading Spaces. I liked her better than Paige Davis. It did seem odd that she only had 5 minutes face time the entire season.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by mom2
    I'm interested to know what Alex did ... what were her responsibilities?? It looks like she got a free vacation for less than 5 minutes of work a week, so she had to be there for other reasons. Perhaps a counselor, chaperone (why, I don't know), ... ?
    Hi,

Alex was supposed to appear on every episode, but they decided to cut her out.

If you look at the very last show, where Evan and Zora were awarded the "surprise" money, you would see Alex's arm.

You would see (from the left to the right of the screen):

Alex's arm || Paul presenting the money on a platter || Evan and Zora standing together

I was told that she got paid fully for the contractual amount. The editting was doen afterwards.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast