+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Times of Joe Millionaire

Times of Joe Millionaire

I just finished reading the NY Post which included an article about Joe 2. It says that it will start on Monday, Oct 20. A week later starting on Oct 27, monday, two episodes of Joe 2 will be shown each week-Monday and Tuesday evenings at 8-for 4 weeks. With the finale being 2 hours on Nov 24, the week of ratings sweeps. Also someting interesting is that he will "have" a 80 million dollar fortune, 30 million more than last year.

I like how there is more than one episode a week but the season is very short, about a month which disapoints me.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by AIWANNABE
    I like how there is more than one episode a week but the season is very short, about a month which disapoints me.

Maybe FOX feels that we viewers have the same attention span as Evan.

Or maybe the FOX brass previewed all of the episodes and felt that it wasnt a very good show this time around and just want to burn off the episodes very quickly and have it end in November so that they can put something else on in time for December sweeps.

Monday night in the fall is prime viewing time for the 18-45 demographic of female viewers (very prime demograhic with advertisers) who dont want to watch Monday Night Football. If FOX can draw a lot of female fans to Monday nights in December they can make mucho dinero in advertising rates.

If they are planning to pull Joe Mill off the air prior to the December sweeps - when it normally should be showing its crescendo episodes, there must be a reason since Joe Mill-I was a very good $ucce$$ for them.
    Last edited by Daddio; 10-09-2003 at 11:47 AM.

They're double-pumping it on Mondays and Tuesdays because they decided to drop American Juniors from the line-up. That gave them an extra hour to fill on Tuesdays.

LG.
    I'm predicting that if Joe Mill 2 is as much of a success as the first season that Fox will drag out the ending, like it did for the original, with some schmaltzy recap show in which nothing happens just to drag it out for one more week, and then they could still do some type of "reunion" show, either with the original cast (Evan and the American ladies) or the new cast or some combination of whomever is willing from both, so they could easily drag this into December if it looks like they'll have an audience they want registering during the sweeps.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    They're double-pumping it on Mondays and Tuesdays because they decided to drop American Juniors from the line-up. That gave them an extra hour to fill on Tuesdays.
    It doesnt make much sense to make that sort of programming decison just to patch a leak.

FOX has an endless supply of "Worlds Scariest Police Chases", "Caught on Tape" and "When Reality TV Contestents Attack" type of shows, that they can put on in place of a pulled or cancelled show. Not to mention 'Celebrity Boxing'.

Arent the lost episodes of "Performing As" floating around somewhere too? I didnt really watch that show but didnt it go on hiatus prior to the battle of the champions? The "Performing As" thread appears to show that only 5 episodes have aired. If the other episodes are filmed, bought and paid for, it would make more sense to use something like that to fill an empty slot.

I dont see them pulling a show that they feel would be a cash-cow off the air prior to December $weep$ simply to fill a void on Tuesday nights.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by LG.
    I'm predicting that if Joe Mill 2 is as much of a success as the first season that Fox will drag out the ending, like it did for the original, with some schmaltzy recap show in which nothing happens just to drag it out for one more week, and then they could still do some type of "reunion" show, either with the original cast (Evan and the American ladies) or the new cast or some combination of whomever is willing from both, so they could easily drag this into December if it looks like they'll have an audience they want registering during the sweeps.
    That makes purrrrfect sense LG as I believe the sweeps period is the first couple weeks of December. Just prior to the holiday programming.

LG.
    I think that they only roped 14 women for Joe this time, whereas last season I thought that they had 15. Not that it really matters because the first pick is always so random.

Is it wrong that I'm looking forward to this show starting?
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

FORT Fogey
    I think that they only roped 14 women for Joe this time, whereas last season I thought that they had 15. Not that it really matters because the first pick is always so random.

Is it wrong that I'm looking forward to this show starting?

I am right there with you LG. I loved last season. But mainly I justed liked watch Evan. Sure it was like watching paint dry everytime he spoke but I just loved his pearls of wisdom.

I wonder if Einstein and what's her name ever did finally wind-up getting their money. Last I heard FOX was still letting the ink dry on the check before they handed it over.

LG.
    maybe Evan's check was conditional upon doing ads for KFC. Yeah, makes me want to run out and buy lots of fried chicken.

FORT Fogey
    maybe Evan's check was conditional upon doing ads for KFC. Yeah, makes me want to run out and buy lots of fried chicken.
    I can see Evan and Jessica Simpson getting together for a meeting of the minds:

Evan: "Gee, I wonder how they can sell fresh hot chicken all over world when its all fried in Kentucky. I also though the same thing the other night when I ate some Chicago Style pizza. Talk about fast delivery. Man!"

Jessica: "Oh my gosh for sure. I thought the same type of thing when I wondered if I was eating chicken or tuna since the side of the can said 'Chicken of the Sea'! Food people are magicians. And they talk about there being a problem with world hunger. Nuh uh. As if"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast