+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: David Smith, the next Joe Millionaire

Quote Originally Posted by sugarlady
    I could never figure out what everyone sees in Tommy Lee. Some folks said it is because he is well endowed and they still say that. Well, I saw the photos of the infamous boat outing with Pam and I didn't see much of an oar.
    Perhaps it's the same thing I see in "Captain Jack Sparrows" .. (not so much for Johnny.. just Johnny as the pirate). I am sickly infatuated, and really... he is dirty, and has gross teeth. But my goodness, makes my heart flutter like a school girl!

And my goodness lady, if you didn't see the noticable size difference on that thing...., well then, I would like to meet some of the boys you know.
    One good turn gets most of the blankets.

I just saw this guy on Ellen. He really came off as a cute guy. I may have to watch a few episodes
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Quote Originally Posted by cali
    I just saw this guy on Ellen. He really came off as a cute guy. I may have to watch a few episodes
    So did I... he's very polite and kept calling Ellen, Mam.

It's so funny that Ellen managed to find out 2 of the girls that he didn't choose.

(She had a photo of all the girls and asked for their names and he didn't know 2 of them..so obviously they were eliminated early.)

LG.
    David Smith was in the stands at the World Series game in New York yesterday, sitting next to an empty seat. The Fox broadcasters kept zooming in on him and he had really bad skin. What a shame they couldn't have spiffed him up a little before dropping him off at the stadium. I'll be watching tonight no matter though.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Interesting story on David in the Houston Chronicle:

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/ae/tv/2167428

Not much new there (rehashing how he's a broke cowboy) but there are some new tidbits: for example, he lives in a trailer on his parents' property and his dad pays for his truck and his rodeo fees. And he was coy about whether the woman he chooses chooses him.

Thanks for the link to the article, it was fun to read, mostly because I had his voice with the twang and all telling it all in my head. I think I am addicted to this show already He is just too fun a character.
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by breathless4975
    He reminds me more and more of Woody Harrelson.

The interesting thing about that comment is that Woody Harrelson was born in Midland, TX and David Smith is also from Midland, TX. Hmmmmm.

David seems like a lot less of a jack@$$ than Woody. No offense Woody

I watched the show and was intrigued. David is adorable - sorta shy, self-effacing and respectful to his elders (kept calling Paul "Sir"). He is okay looking in the face (cute - not handsome), but his body is gorgeous. Brains? Probably not a deep thinker, but already he seems brighter and quicker than Evan.

I think he is in for a bumpy ride with those girls. They are much more sophisticated and worldly than he is and can they drink! This looks like fun (much more so than the Bachelor which is boring).

I am looking forward to the next one. The girls' reactions to being eliminated looks to be amusing. The cultural differences between the girls and especially between them and David is going to be fun viewing, as long as they don't edit too much out.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by aname
    I watched the show and was intrigued. David is adorable - sorta shy, self-effacing and respectful to his elders (kept calling Paul "Sir"). He is okay looking in the face (cute - not handsome), but his body is gorgeous. Brains? Probably not a deep thinker, but already he seems brighter and quicker than Evan.

I think he is in for a bumpy ride with those girls. They are much more sophisticated and worldly than he is and can they drink! This looks like fun (much more so than the Bachelor which is boring).

I am looking forward to the next one. The girls' reactions to being eliminated looks to be amusing. The cultural differences between the girls and especially between them and David is going to be fun viewing, as long as they don't edit too much out.
    I agree, I already don't think much of these women. All the griping about getting out of bed in the morning. I think David is sweet and as the mother of a 19 year old daughter, I for one would love for her to bring someone like him home to meet mama!!!! I do predict some trouble as I am sure sitting around a European pool each day and having the butler de jour bring you a drink is not David's idea of living, just like I don't think any one of those girls know the joy that you can get by catching the morning sun rise in a beautiful Texas sky as you head out to get the chores done. I am from Texas and would take a guy like David in a minute over any seemingly suave European counterpart. I don't care if he does not have a dime. Some things are worth more than money. Character, self respect, being polite to your elders, self discipline, etc.

I think David is a cute guy. A much better view than Evan or Rob...

Actually he reminds me a little bit of my husband, except for the whole cowboy thing...
    I'm pretty sure the European women will like David, the only thing is he seems kind of shy - and some of the girls seemed pretty agressive (as in "predator" agressive). OUCH!
    When I first came in touch with American guys a few years back I was pleasently surprised by their openness, their self-confidence and sense of humor... Anyway, I think American guys are pretty cool, that's why I married one.
    Last edited by Cindirella; 10-22-2003 at 08:48 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast