+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: David Smith, the next Joe Millionaire

LG.
    Quote Originally Posted by sugarlady

I think he makes Evan and the Clampetts look like Rhode Scholars.
    OMG, Sugarlady, if that is the case, then this will be quite the trainwreck to watch to see if the international ladies throw themselves at this dolt, as culture can vary from country to country, but out and out stupid is universal.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Quote Originally Posted by LG.
    OMG, Sugarlady, if that is the case, then this will be quite the trainwreck to watch to see if the international ladies throw themselves at this dolt, as culture can vary from country to country, but out and out stupid is universal.
    LG, the only reason I'm watching is because I'm sure it will be train wreck!
    Also, I LOVE the cowboy hats. One of my life goals is to find out if cowboys really do "perform" with their hats and boots on.

Metallica Fanatic breathless4975's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by funnygirl422
    LG, the only reason I'm watching is because I'm sure it will be train wreck!
    Also, I LOVE the cowboy hats. One of my life goals is to find out if cowboys really do "perform" with their hats and boots on.
    Very interesting goal! Let me know when you find out!!
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. - Albert Schweitzer

The most thoroughly wasted of all days is that on which one has not laughed.

If I accept the sunshine and warmth, then I must also accept the thunder and lightening.

Quote Originally Posted by funnygirl422
    One of my life goals is to find out if cowboys really do "perform" with their hats and boots on.
    Just the hats....no boots

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by sugarlady
    I thought Angelina had lost her mind when she married Billy Bob. That was even prior to me finding out about her official records from various mental institutions and her Barbara Walters interview. Angelina explained it by saying that it was all about the non-stop sex. At least he distracted her from her brother.

The old Bob seems to only date and marry beautiful women. I did enjoy him in Monster's Ball.
    I also think that he is an excellent actor. I have loved just about all of his work.

I just sometimes wonder how so many of these actors with less than matinee idol looks seem to marry these drop-dead gorgeous celebreties. I could understand if they were just marrying gold-diggers off of the street but when they marry someone with as much or more celebrity then they themselves have, I just have to scratch my head.

Another prime example is Nikki Cox marrying Bobcat Goldthwaite. (Last I heard they were engaged. They may be married by now).

I mean c'mon! I have seen winos living in cardboard boxes that are better looking that Bobcat these days (he is NOT aging well and was never exactly a hunk to begin with) and Nikki is just stunning - and that figure!

Then there is Julia Roberts and and Lyle Lovette...

Plenty more too

I guess it just goes to show that you ladies are much deeper than we shallow men tend to be. Truly admirable.

I mean when is the last time you saw a Hollywood hearthrob marry a Plain-Jane? They tend to like the arm candy.
    Last edited by Daddio; 10-14-2003 at 01:08 PM.

LG.
    this whole discussion is making me think about the premise for the new NBC reality series "Average Joe" in which a model-esque woman is courted by a bunch of less than stellar looking guys. I saw an ad last night, and the woman looked very familiar. I think she had appeared on Meet My Folks once before.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by LG.
    this whole discussion is making me think about the premise for the new NBC reality series "Average Joe" in which a model-esque woman is courted by a bunch of less than stellar looking guys. I saw an ad last night, and the woman looked very familiar. I think she had appeared on Meet My Folks once before.
    The Reality TV contestent pool seems to be shrinking smaller and smaller. How many times have we all said "Oh they previously appeared on..." when discussing a person on a show.

I (briefly) watched a little bit of 'Surviving Nugent' the other night and recognized just about every contestent on that show from their appearances on other shows. Just about every one and I am sure the others were on shows I didnt watch.

I wonder why they even bother having "open auditions" when they just seem to keep using the same old people over and over. I guess its all just to start the hype machine a-rollin.

What's next? Having one of the women who appeared "Extreme Makeover" be the next 'Bachelorette'? That's not even meant as a joke as both shows appear on ABC. I can see it happening.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Karkar
    Just the hats....no boots
    Yeah and those spurs...ouch! That's gonna leave a mark.

LG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddio
    What's next? Having one of the women who appeared "Extreme Makeover" be the next 'Bachelorette'? That's not even meant as a joke as both shows appear on ABC. I can see it happening.
    I can totally see that happening. BTW, I checked around and sure enough, the woman on Average Joe was indeed on Meet My Folks, where Eric Ferch, who later appeared on FLOM2, won a date with her. Sing it with me: "It's a small world after all . . . "

I could never figure out what everyone sees in Tommy Lee. Some folks said it is because he is well endowed and they still say that. Well, I saw the photos of the infamous boat outing with Pam and I didn't see much of an oar.

Quote Originally Posted by Daddio
    I just sometimes wonder how so many of these actors with less than matinee idol looks seem to marry these drop-dead gorgeous celebreties. I could understand if they were just marrying gold-diggers off of the street but when they marry someone with as much or more celebrity then they themselves have, I just have to scratch my head.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast