+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 'Joe Millionaire' Set for Oct. 20 Bow on Fox

I guess Phat32's suggested format got picked up by Fox, huh? Fox should have been able to find enough women in Europe who actually believe this American cowboy is rich and if it's not broadcast there, maybe they can load up another group right away to return for JM3.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    I'm looking forward to this. Nothing appeals to me more than seeing a bunch of snotty women with accents getting snowed over by a fake Count. Weeeeeeeeeeeee! (And I can bash on European women because I am one.
    ~*~ Maji *~

I'm not sure if I'm going to watch this one. I can't see how Fox is going to pull this off again.

Well, they've already revealed how they're pulling it off again. By getting 15 ladies from Europe who have never seen the show.

Hey, at least he is a cowboy...he should be able to ride the horse.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I forgot about that horse entrance on JM1
    Ahhh, memories
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Even if the ladies are from Europe, I still don't see how anybody can know they haven't seen or heard of the show before. They have the internet in Europe, too. A girl intersted in taking part in such a show would also be a girl interested in at least knowing such a show existed through the internet. It is very likely that more than one of the girls went on the show knowing about JM1 and knowing he didn't make all that much money, but hoping for both TV exposure and maybe a "twist" that results in them getting some money anyways.

Unless of course FOX openly acknowledges these women know about the previous JM1 and work in some sort of new twist from the very beginning.
    "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

If I remember right Sarah from JM1 said she agreed to be on a reality show where she got to travel to France, but didn't know any details. In fact, she claimed she didn't know it was a dating show at all until after they were all at the Chateau. (If that's true you wonder what she thought they were doing.)

So I would guess Fox doesn't have to mention "joe millionaire" or anything to clue them in.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

The women would eventually discover the premise for the show though, and there is a high likelihood that at least one of them has heard of JM1 through the internet or some publications. Even if they don't know that they're specifically doing JM2, they would know they are filming a TV show somewhere. It would take a pretty opportunistic character to go through with a TV related project knowing little about the actual premise. A person with such a character is likely to at least have learned of the existence and the premise of the first show.

I guess my point is: is the fact that the women come from Europe supposed to remove all doubt that they know about the first show?
    "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

I agree, that's a silly assumption that they are expecting us to swallow. I hope it doesn't degenerate into FLOM-type "twists."
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast